Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

I think he simply expected her to go "home to the fleet" with no ulterior motives. His goal was to save her life by getting her off the ship, nothing more. And dressing up as Athena would make it a lot easier to sneak her onto a Raptor so he thought nothing of that.

Thought: If Daniel is

Kara's father, perhaps his disappearance was not because he abandoned her,

but because he was eliminated by Cavil.

Outside of the final shot of the series, I really have no idea what is going to happen in these last 3 episodes, or what revelations are to come.

I can understand that, but then where's Athena. It was a scheduled flight, if Boomer is taking her place then shouldn't he be wondering what happened to Athena....."why isn't she here for her flight" thus leading to "what did Boomer do to her?" Unless he just didn't give a crap.....which in his state of mind I guess could be believable but still seemed pretty lousy on his part. I get wanting your love to escape, but not giving a crap about what she did to someone you know is pretty...well....frakked up.

Chris

I can understand that, but then where's Athena. It was a scheduled flight, if Boomer is taking her place then shouldn't he be wondering what happened to Athena....."why isn't she here for her flight" thus leading to "what did Boomer do to her?" Unless he just didn't give a crap.....which in his state of mind I guess could be believable but still seemed pretty lousy on his part. I get wanting your love to escape, but not giving a crap about what she did to someone you know is pretty...well....frakked up.

Chris

I've seen people do it. It isn't uncommon at all.

Chris

He knew it was Boomer. He kind of pushed her into the passenger area of the raptor when they kissed, I think so that no one on the flight deck would be like "why's he kissing Helo's wife?"

About not giving a crap, he did take a wrench to the head of a random eight so...

Edited by chowyunskinny

Outside of the final shot of the series, I really have no idea what is going to happen in these last 3 episodes, or what revelations are to come.

Its gonna be pretty intense in the final 3 episodes. I mean things are really bad when the grand prize for finding a new planet to live on is the last tube of toothpaste!!

Was the piano man actualy with starbuck, or was he a figment of her imagination/hot line to god?

I'm guessing it's the latter.

I doubt Kara would've just opened up to some random stranger about coming back from the dead.

And the fact that the guy just up and disappeared without any of the other Earth Cylons noticing him (especially when there were three of them right next to Kara and the piano) makes me think Kara's got her own little head character now.

P.S.--Was it just me, or was the toothpaste called Felgercarb? (sp?) That toothpaste is SH*T!!! :lol:

I'm guessing it's the latter.

I doubt Kara would've just opened up to some random stranger about coming back from the dead.

And the fact that the guy just up and disappeared without any of the other Earth Cylons noticing him (especially when there were three of them right next to Kara and the piano) makes me think Kara's got her own little head character now.

P.S.--Was it just me, or was the toothpaste called Felgercarb? (sp?) That toothpaste is SH*T!!! :lol:

Everyone else seemed to notice him. Except he did seem to know the gestures her father did, kinda made me think he was supposed to be the same person.

Hera jumping out with Boomer, and the president passing out right at that moment? I suspect the truth of the opera house to be known soon. :)

The five are learning how to project too, eh? It's been a long while since they showed cylons consciously doing this.

I watched the episode twice now, the piano player is without a doubt a pooka.

And I was shouting "frack! frack!! FRACK!!!" at the jump.

Theory

The cylons have found a planet already, hera's second drawing was a jump path of the raptor that boomer is taking. The fleet has the ability to out jump it now thanks to the cylons FTL, the galactica also has two jumps left in her. So expect one big bang finale space battle over an earth like planet, with the galactica the rebel base ship and probably many civilian ships packed with explosives going up in flames.

/theory

Hera deserves an extra cookie at snack time for re-discovering all along the watch towers though.

Hera deserves an extra cookie at snack time for re-discovering all along the watch towers though.

Well, her "Auntie" Boomer did give her a nice juice-and-sedative combo, AND she took Hera on little field trip to boot! ^_^

Theory

The cylons have found a planet already, hera's second drawing was a jump path of the raptor that boomer is taking. The fleet has the ability to out jump it now thanks to the cylons FTL, the galactica also has two jumps left in her. So expect one big bang finale space battle over an earth like planet, with the galactica the rebel base ship and probably many civilian ships packed with explosives going up in flames.

/theory

Cavil/John did talk about a "colony" so I can see that as valid, but goddamnit I WANT A WICKED-CRAZY JET FIGHT!!

When did Cavil mention a colony? The Cylons do have a homeworld, but they've never discussed the details of it.

There are also apparently millions of Cylons out there, as referenced by Cavil in an episode in the first half of the season. How many fit on a base star, I wonder?

When did Cavil mention a colony?

No Exit

Cavil wanted Ellen to recreate the Resurrection technology. She says no can do as she doesn't have all its details. She needs the other four to do that.

The colony with their equipment as mention is presumably where the Skinjobs wee first created.

godsdamnit that was an amazing episode!! Damn boomer got everyone. poor chief. i can still remember the look on his face when he discovered that boomer took Hera. oh boy, Boomer's back to being a cuthroat bitch big time! :p

this episode is a perfect set-up for the last few episodes. it's gonna get crazy from hereon.

:D

p.s. if a raptor activating its FTL inside Galactica could potantiallty destroy the ship, you'd think there's a safety override from the bridge. :p oh what the hell, i'm all for drama. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Exactly what i thought when i watched it. Kara thought she was abandoned, but it was cavil's fault all along.

unbenknownst to Cavil, Daniel was years ahead of everyone, already producing an offspring before anyone else thought it possible. and he just had to kill him, the idiot.

so all this brouhaha over Hera being the first human-cylon offspring, when the real Slim Shady was just inside Galactica from the very beginning? haha. brilliant. :p

Ok, i am realizing this a bit late, but does this all mean that Cavil already knew beforehand where the Galactica fleet was (since he supposedly sent Boomer to the fleet)? if so,why all the foreplay? and, in the first place, how did he know? (is there another spy aboard the galactica fleet that we don't know about?)

There's never an adequate explanation given when things happen like this. Bulldog found the fleet when he stole that Raider, too. (BTW, they used that gun camera footage again in this episode and it didn't synch up with what Helo was saying too well, did it?)

Having Cavil as a "big bad" a la Buffy disappoints me.

Ok, i am realizing this a bit late, but does this all mean that Cavil already knew beforehand where the Galactica fleet was (since he supposedly sent Boomer to the fleet)? if so,why all the foreplay? and, in the first place, how did he know? (is there another spy aboard the galactica fleet that we don't know about?)

Probably so that Boomer could infiltrate and get Hera. If the Cylons could track the fleet by an abnormal radiation signature put off by the tillium ship, I have no doubt that they have the capacity to track an injured Basestar anywhere in the galaxy.

I don't think the fleet has jumped since finding Earth. Ellen, having her memory returned, knew where Earth was. Boomer just went where Ellen told her to go to start. I'm sure the fleet wasn't too hard to find from there with a raptor.

And to the subject of foreplay, I'd say that the Cylons without Ressurection tech are not interested in a frontal assault either. They haven't discussed the status of Galactica's weapon stores in a while but I'd imagine that Adama has at least one nuke stashed away for a rainey day, that combined with the cornered animal effect, if the humans have lost hope and are confronted with a "Final Battle" many of them would happily Kamikaze on the enemy to die a glorious death instead of starving to death in cold bleak outer space.

I think someone said, 'Ramming Speed" in a previous post.

Hell, the Galactica is in such bad shape and Adama seems to be a bit of a mess after shouldering the burden of protecting the human race for the run of the show, I could see him Ramming Galactica down their throats as a final mission for the ship. Who knows, it sure doesn't look like we are headed for a happy ending though.

I see the human/cylon survivors planet side at the end of the final episode. There will be a scene where they will look up in the sky and see the Galactica falling out of orbit and streaking across the atmosphere and burning up and making impact on the horizon.

That promptly kicks up enough dust to block out the nearest star killing them all. :lol:

A friend of mine's GF may has come up with what I see as a pretty plausible ending for the show. I think it fits so well I am gonna put spoiler tags on it for those interested. We have been talking about the show for months at least twice a week. She thinks:

That with the theme of "it has happened before and will happen again"

Since they are reforming the quorum based upon the ships of the fleet that in the end of the show the different ships will divide and set off to re-colonize, like the original thirteen colonies, the cylons will go off on their own, and like Caprica, Pikon, etc, each of the ships will found the next nation/planet whatever in the next iteration of the cycle.

Now that leaves the "Evil" cylons, and the failing Galactica to tie up, along with Starbuck's origin, but that could happen easily in the next three episodes.

Either Galactica could be their dead "homeworld" or perhaps they will return to Kobol for the face off with the Cylons to get back Hera, crash Galactica and all start out seperating from Kobol again as the original thirteen colonies did.

I think that aside from the fine details her idea fits so well with the show that it will likely turn out to be pretty close to spot on.

While I was watching a trailer for next weeks episode when Adama says to stop all repairs on the ship Tigh says "I cant let you do this." Could the final five have hidden something on the Galactica while she was being built during the war. They arrived at the colony's while the war was still going on. When the Cylon programing was going off in Tighs head he was saying its in the ship. Maybe some part of their original ship. Hidden by Tyrol posing as a member of the work crew at the ship yard, or Tigh while serving on the Galactica during the first Cylon war. Something essential to the survival of every one. (sorry I don't know how to spell the chief name)

Edited by miles316

Could the final five have hidden something on the Galactica while she was being built during the war.

yes, it's a boombox with a CD containing a track of Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower"

No one human or cylon has ever heard him before and his incendiary guitar playing will usher in a new era of peace between the two races

"Be excellent to each other."

The End

I see the human/cylon survivors planet side at the end of the final episode. There will be a scene where they will look up in the sky and see the Galactica falling out of orbit and streaking across the atmosphere and burning up and making impact on the horizon.

"My God, Bones, what have I done?"

"You did what you always do, Jim: turn death into a fighting chance." :)

A friend of mine's GF may has come up with what I see as a pretty plausible ending for the show. I think it fits so well I am gonna put spoiler tags on it for those interested. We have been talking about the show for months at least twice a week. She thinks:

That with the theme of "it has happened before and will happen again"

Since they are reforming the quorum based upon the ships of the fleet that in the end of the show the different ships will divide and set off to re-colonize, like the original thirteen colonies, the cylons will go off on their own, and like Caprica, Pikon, etc, each of the ships will found the next nation/planet whatever in the next iteration of the cycle.

I think that aside from the fine details her idea fits so well with the show that it will likely turn out to be pretty close to spot on.

I don't see that happening. You can't just take your ship, leave the fleet, and fly off in a different direction to settle on a planet. The fleet is composed of different ships that perform specific functions, (fuel ships, food ships, factory ships, etc...) Each ship depends on what the others bring to the table and no ship can survive on it's own for long enough to make it to a new habitable planet...even if they knew where habitable planets existed, which they don't. It took them years just to find New Caprica and it was barely habitable.

I don't see that happening. You can't just take your ship, leave the fleet, and fly off in a different direction to settle on a planet. The fleet is composed of different ships that perform specific functions, (fuel ships, food ships, factory ships, etc...) Each ship depends on what the others bring to the table and no ship can survive on it's own for long enough to make it to a new habitable planet...even if they knew where habitable planets existed, which they don't. It took them years just to find New Caprica and it was barely habitable.

I agree to some extent, it wouldn't be as plausible whcih is why we added in the last part at the bottom of the spoiler post. Going back and dividing up from there would be more plausible.

It could also be the place where John was saying that "the colony" with Ellen and the other four's ressurection tech workshop could be housed.