Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

I just recieved a box of 5 Cylons figures from the Razor movie. These things are cool. Very retro but with that "terminator" feel to it. Lots of movable joints (I counted 30) and pnuematic pistons (and most of them work!) without being a floppy mess. The plastic used is sturdy and hold the details well. And these things are huge even by action figure standards. Over 8 inches tall with their legs fully extended.

There are two versions of this baby, the Guardian and the Warrior. Both have standard base bodies but the warrior is a shared exclusive to various online stores. Both differ in head sculpts and armor, but both look cool in their own right. It would of been nice if they came out with a gold command version. Diamond Select did a wonderful job with these figures. I might pick up "Husker" Adama and make a nice diorama/fight scene (mid-air?)

My Warrior arrived, and I'm a little bothered by the QC. Lots of loose joints and the left forearm is very loosely connected to the upper arm, I think it'll tear off if I try moving it too much.

Has anyone put up a picture anywhere showing the difference between the guardian and the warrior?

I can't tell if that entire post is sarcastic or not. I seriously doubt God will show up at all as a person (I assume that part is the joke). I certainly don't think Daniel and Kara are twins. Kara definitely isn't 40+ and unless they created/brainwashed/memory implanted her mom, there is really nothing hard to suggest she wasn't born. Depending on how long the original Daniel was alive before John's betrayal (or if the original managed to escape for a time) it might be chronologically possible for them to be related, but I seriously doubt as siblings.

What happened to the AI robots on earth did they leave earth after they killed all the human/cylons. I would think that the machines would survive the fall out after the human/cylons surcumed to the radiation. I thought the skin jobs are immune to radiation because the cylons began to live on caprica and they were restoring the infrastructure in the city's so they intended to make it their home.

Edited by miles316

How is the show fun for you if you already know what's going to happen?

Because we still have no clue what the key piece of the story is. Alot of this stuff we've been guessing at for a while, but still none of us have a clue as to what happened on Kobol, which is the real story here.

Slightly to the left of the topic. Has anybody picked up a Centurion (reimagined version), and had it break right out of the box? I had major shoulder failure, followed by partial hip failure. Not even superglue can fix it...

Edit: Pictures of the carnage...

post-122-1235183911_thumb.jpg

post-122-1235183925_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-19

Slightly to the left of the topic. Has anybody picked up a Centurion (reimagined version), and had it break right out of the box? I had major shoulder failure, followed by partial hip failure. Not even superglue can fix it...

Look on the bright side, you could always say it's battle-damaged!

Only 4 more episode left!!! So what the hell is Kara? The Grim reaper or some supreme being?

And we still have to wait til next week as to who or what Baltar is, is he #7 or just someone who gets lots of booty calls......

I heard a rumor about Universal releasing BSG for the theaters but not the current Ronald D. Moore version; they plan on doing the original 1978-79 one. This is interesting to me because I felt they could do a BSG based on the old one but I envisioned it as an animated or anime series. Original creator Glen A. Larsen has been tapped to write the script. A official announcement could be in a few weeks.

This ep was a little more slow-paced than I would have preferred.

* Wonder why the hell Tyrol would vote to leave Galactica. He's back to being Chief. He's in the good graces of the Old Man. He's got a job to do. Don't really see any reason for his decision other than to cause dramatic tension and to cause Ellen to be the swing vote.

* Funny, but the real "big guns" Baltar pulled out were the President and the Admiral.

* . . . Though, I'd be a little worried with the fanatics being heavily armed now. :unsure:

* Also, it was a little cheesy, but I enjoyed Tigh's "I feel it less with words." speech. Very MANLY MAN speech from the frakkin' machine! ^_^

I too was hoping more would happen and I'm slightly disappointed that Ellen steadily regressed to the character I was happy to be rid of. She got better towards the end, but if she's going to be a jealous, binge drinking tart again, I'd just assume she had stayed dead.

I'm curious if all that brain activity was Sam coming back, or maybe we get like..Daniel in Sam's body or something (hopefully nothing that weird). Nice to see Head Six again, I had thought we had seen the end of her.

I love this show, but some of the writing bothers me. One episode Bill is defending the Cylons and saying things like "they gave aid and comfort to me" and the next episode he's like "no Cylons working on the repairs". Also Baltar seems to make no progress at all. When he was on the Baseship a few episodes ago, I thought perhaps he was going to turn over a new leaf. This week it was just the same old Baltar. It's nothing major, it just feels like sometimes they stunt the characters growth for no particular reason.

Richard Dean Anderson(MacGuyver) is the cylon god. He was one of the lords of kobol. He got bored one day and gave the humans the ideas to tinker/jury rig up the cylons. The other Lords of Kobol got pissed that the thrown together cylons were as good as their carefully engineered humans. So the lords of kobol threw a big smack down on everyone and told them to GTFO.

Not to sound like a d*ck or anything, but it seems like you're just posting to up that number under your avatar. I don't really see how that brings anything relevant to the thread and it's barely even on topic.

On another note, I think things need to ratchet up pretty heavily. We have what...four episodes left now? This latest one wasn't filler obviously (there aren't any fillers in S4 anyways) but it kinda felt that way. I suppose if the last 2 episodes wind up being 2ish hours each that makes up for the slow time but still, I'd like to see them wring more intensity out of our final stretch.

Edit: http://movies.ign.com/articles/953/953459p1.html a link about the BSG movie. Not a ton of info but it's there and seems to be based on the old school show as mentioned earlier.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I'll never understand why people talk about the post counter? /shrug

This is the Battlestar Galactica discussion thread so i am making silly posts about BSG. I say sit back watch it and enjoy. I can be fine with them never telling why Starbuck is important. Just like i am fine with the never revisiting and telling what happened to SDF-2/megalord/hikaru/minmei/Misa.

Yeah, it seems that both versions of Ellen (the brainwashed one and the original version) were actually very similar. Capricious and manipulative.

Man, the writers on this show really don't like babies.

Was that Kat's ex-boyfriend among the Sons of Ares? And who was the actress who played Paula, she seemed really familiar.

I don't want another Glen Larson Galactica, the first two series were enough. I prefer a de-Mormonized version.

I also disagree with what was said earlier in the thread, Baltar truly has changed. He discovered the joy of giving to people just for the sake of giving, not to further his own aims.

I loved the scene of him giving that speech with Head Six feeding him the words. He went from Jesus to Che in one word: "Guns!"

Also, Adama's, "You listen to this, I have to go to the head, little project I've been working on..." hilarious.

So can we assume that God killed the baby because he wanted all of the Cylons to be together? Liam's heart stopped the moment that Ellen agreed to leave Tigh and Caprica Six on Galactica.

I'm curious if all that brain activity was Sam coming back, or maybe we get like..Daniel in Sam's body or something (hopefully nothing that weird). Nice to see Head Six again, I had thought we had seen the end of her.

I'm a little curious about the coincidence of Liam's passing and Sam's re-emerging brain activity. Maybe Sam will wake up and be able to do nothing but "ga ga, goo goo!" noises. :D

The episode didn't do much to advance the plot though. Too much re-iteration of the "Ellen is a bitch" theme which we're already very familiary with. Maybe it was a bit necessary story wise because she seemed "pure" upon resurrection. One line that did stick with me was from Adama: "They're putting that stuff inside her. It might save her. She'll look like the Galactica from the outside, but on the inside, who knows what she is...." Integration continues to be a serious problem that no one's trying to fix.

And VF-19, I have two of the new style cylons, but no shoulder troubles. The QC on them is very nice. Unfortunately I can't say the same for my Razor Warrior Centurion. :(

Edited by Alpha OTS

I remember an episode way back (maybe Season 2?) where Baltar pretty much said that the human population can't survive (genetically speaking) if the population goes down below 40,000 or some other large number that we're already well below.

Seems to me integration is gonna happen no matter what.

Deep down everyone knows it, but they're trying like hell to deny it.

Still, last night's ep just felt....."off."

Yeah, it seems that both versions of Ellen (the brainwashed one and the original version) were actually very similar. Capricious and manipulative.

Man, the writers on this show really don't like babies.

Was that Kat's ex-boyfriend among the Sons of Ares? And who was the actress who played Paula, she seemed really familiar.

I don't want another Glen Larson Galactica, the first two series were enough. I prefer a de-Mormonized version.

Yeah that was Kat's boyfriend and Paula has been a member of Baltar's..group for a while. She was the one who clubbed that guy to death in the bathroom in the eps that immediately followed the trial. So she's been around since then, though typically in minor bits.

Still, last night's ep just felt....."off."

These last two just haven't seemed right to me. They started the second half of this season out so strongly, and then the revelations and the story that has followed them seem really, I dunno... weak.

This episode's writer, Jane Espenson should never, ever be allowed near anything do to with BSG again. Sadly she is one of the writers for Caprica and for one of the BSG movies. This was by far the worst episode to date. With characters completely going against what they have been for 4 seasons. The last 4 episodes better be pretty damn good to get the bitter taste out of my mouth that this one left.

Can someone who's seen the preview tell me what six is saying in it? Every time I hear it it sounds like gibberish and it's annoying me.

I think it's neat to hear that the final five are still quite human, but that turn of Ellen just killed the feeling from the last one.

but after hearing her accusation I had to watch

again. :lol: They should update it now with newer footage.