Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

So it looked like the next week preview showed

Tigh's wife, the final cylon, being puked out of one of those rebirth chambers. Just where the hell would that chamber be? They blew up the resurrection ship and it would also mean there had to be spare Final Five bodies stored somewhere. If that's the case, how could the Cylons NOT know who they were???? Unless there is another contingent of cylons out there.

Edited by glane21

Is it irony that his evil, spoiler laden post is also post #666?

To theorize on what he's talking about though:

Most likely there's a Basestar or Resurrection Ship solely for the final 5. Hidden away with it's own set of Centurions and Raiders who either know nothing of the rest of them or are programmed to just stand around and take care of the bodies of the F5. I'd wager with a hybrid linked to the other hybrids since the hybrid on the busted Basestar knew so much. The hybrids then being the only ones who know what the whole deal is.

Edited by Chewie

Hybrids, be it the bath tub ones, or ones like Hera don't fall into the 12 known models, nor do the centurions. The 12 models specifically refer to the humanoid ones. As a refresher that's: Cavil, Leoben, Simon (black doctor who worked on Starbuck), Boomer, Six, Doral (reporter from the miniseries), D'anna, Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, Tori and

Ellen Tigh

In response to Chewie ;

I would imagine you are right. Much like the first hybrid. He had his own baseship (that was of a unique configuration) and own army/guard of old style Centurions. Still though, in that preview, the Centurion looked...surprised I suppose when Ellen was reborn, so who knows. I doubt she'll wake up in Cavil's fleet, but she might. I suppose that could be a plot device to bring the other Cylons back into the picture.

I don't see how that's sensitive, if it's their official preview that's released for next week's episode. Although I think the attach happened after the preview events, and don't worry about how the commercial gives the timings - I swear those guys don't even watch the show or something how they jazz it up in the previews...

It is jazzed up for the previews, it's supposed to hook you not tell the story. Still this weeks preview is pretty revealing in of itself (much like the one where Callie died). There are plenty of people who don't watch the trailers to keep everything completely surprising. Just common courtesy to those who wish to discuss the show without having anything spoiled.

It is jazzed up for the previews, it's supposed to hook you not tell the story. Still this weeks preview is pretty revealing in of itself (much like the one where Callie died). There are plenty of people who don't watch the trailers to keep everything completely surprising. Just common courtesy to those who wish to discuss the show without having anything spoiled.

It's probably good that I stay away from the Internet (this thread) until after I watch an episode and watch it on demand. Plus, they never show the next week's preview On-Demand so I'm really in the dark for what happens next.

Am I the only one who got the impression that while Cylon Earth was being nuked that ressurection technology wasn't just for the 5 we know, but for the entire population? The flashbacks were random in such a way that I thought the final five were just ordinary people going about their business on Cylon Earth when the attack happened. Maybe what makes these five special is that their download signal managed to reach the colonies, so not really that special at all, more like lucky.

Am I the only one who got the impression that while Cylon Earth was being nuked that ressurection technology wasn't just for the 5 we know, but for the entire population? The flashbacks were random in such a way that I thought the final five were just ordinary people going about their business on Cylon Earth when the attack happened. Maybe what makes these five special is that their download signal managed to reach the colonies, so not really that special at all, more like lucky.

Holy sh!t.

Good theory.

I just recieved a box of 5 Cylons figures from the Razor movie. These things are cool. Very retro but with that "terminator" feel to it. Lots of movable joints (I counted 30) and pnuematic pistons (and most of them work!) without being a floppy mess. The plastic used is sturdy and hold the details well. And these things are huge even by action figure standards. Over 8 inches tall with their legs fully extended.

There are two versions of this baby, the Guardian and the Warrior. Both have standard base bodies but the warrior is a shared exclusive to various online stores. Both differ in head sculpts and armor, but both look cool in their own right. It would of been nice if they came out with a gold command version. Diamond Select did a wonderful job with these figures. I might pick up "Husker" Adama and make a nice diorama/fight scene (mid-air?)

If I can get hold of a camera I'll be sure to post some pics.

May I ask where you got them from? I've looking at different stores but they all seem to have the Guardian version. Haven't seen a warrior version except for CG but not the actual toy.

Chris

PR is posting this as a "rumor", though they find it consistent with much of what is known (spoiler wise). One way or the other, we'll know by the end of the evening:

Ellen resurrected immediately after her death on New Caprica. Cavil locked her up. Sometime recently, Boomer had a falling out with Cavil (finally saw a newer shiny thing, we guess), broke Ellen out and flew her to the fleet in a Raptor. Meanwhile, guest star John Hodgman a brain surgeon who helps treat Anders. Speaking of Anders, his head wound leads him to remember backstory for the Cylons. Lastly, Tyrol, who is back to being Chief, wants to have the Cylons help fix the cracks in Galactica, but Adama doesn't like the idea... until he finds cracks in his quarters. Now between Ellen and Anders' remembering, we get some additional Cylon info. Apparently, the Lords of Kobol created the humans and then the humans created the Cylons. When the Lords of Kobol learned of what the humans had done, they were miffed that humanity's arrogance and banish both them and the Cylons from Kobol. The Final Five were instrumental in designing the Seven humanoid models. Cavil has known who the Final Five were all along because he was entrusted with the "keys." Ellen supposedly says that Cavil was based on her father, which explains why she's now disgusted by the idea of cavorting with him as she had done on New Caprica. Apparently, there was a Model Seven, but Cavil eliminated it in some sort of Cain and Abel-like fit. This would seem to indicate that the Seventh Model was favored, but more importantly this covers the big hole over the skipped number once they came up with the Final Five. Each of the model's dominant personality traits is explained. Lastly, Tyrol and Tory had been a couple in their previous life.

Amazing episode, All the clues are starting to come together. But who knew the battle Start was in such bad shape.

But admiral Adama's choice for the chief to use cylon technology to repair the ship is hopefully the right move.

The opening scene was fantastic with the original cylons & fighters, my jaw dropped for sec when I saw that.

Can't wait for next weeks episode!!

Hey isn't the brain surgen the PC guy from the Mac and PC commercial? :blink: The plot thickens :unsure:

Yep. That's John Hodgman.

I'm starting to think it was Galactica is the "dying leader". Considering the ship is riddled with hair-line fractures, all the damage it's taken, I don't think the Cylon-tech will help it. By the end of the series, it probably will go bye-bye (effectively, the final send-off for the show).

Lovely, this week's podcast is out.

While I'd love to see Baltar as 7, but I could also see it be Kara's father. He was a musician (per his piano piece we heard in Kara's return to Caprica). Would also explain his mysterious absence from, what appears to be, most/all of her life. This would also potentially help tie in what the hell happened to Kara. Not full Cylon per say, but perhaps half.

I still don't buy the Galactica being the dying leader thing. It's more like an Ark than well..Noah, for the sake of the analogy. We have a perfectly viable, dying, human leader already. I don't think it needs to be so abstract. Hell we don't have any idea what Bill is taking (those pills), maybe he's dying too? Who knows. I really love how despite all the theories, the writers give actual plausible explanations for things. It really isn't like, oh god just poofed things into being or something or willed it to happen.

My dislike for Ellen is gone at this point too. Her floozy, manipulative...well lousy traits have all vanished in favor of her "true" self. She's much more likable now.

Wow, so Cavill =

major Oedipus Complex. He boned his mom and pulled out his dad's eye.

As for Daniel, I don't understand how you think it's

Baltar. To me it seemed pretty clear that his entire model line was eliminated by Cavill. I could've sworn that's what Ander's said and Ellen went into greater detail on.

Very good point. I know I'd love to see Baltar as something other than just well..Baltar, but I think he's more or less had his trial by fire. And like you said, him being alive kinda dampens that.

I stand by my prediction it could be Kara's dad though.

Very cerebral and dialogue-heavy this one.

But me definitely likey.

Too much good stuff to mention, but here's a few of my observations:

* I really enjoyed that quiet scene with Roslin and Lee. Loved the little tid-bit about what they were thinking about doing with the Quorum (It actually makes a lot of sense, given the circumstances.)

* I'm glad the writers didn't

screw the pooch with the timeline of Ellen's resurrection and the destruction of the Hub.

And like kaiotheforsaken said, Ellen really shines in this episode.

* Loved the insight too into

"John's"

mind. I can understand his passions, his interests, and the frustrations he has about his limitations. But much like the mutineers, he's going about things all wrong.

* Was it just me, or did

Anders just spout off a prophecy about Saul staying with the ship?

:huh:

* Lastly, is it possible Daniel is

the Basestar Hybrid or the one specific Hybrid from Razor?

:unsure:

Wow, so Cavill =

major Oedipus Complex. He boned his mom and pulled out his dad's eye.

As for Daniel, I don't understand how you think it's

Baltar. To me it seemed pretty clear that his entire model line was eliminated by Cavill. I could've sworn that's what Ander's said and Ellen went into greater detail on.

i thought about it later and thought that Daniel might be

Lee (and no, i don't have an idea how for now), but Ellen said that Cavil is bad, but can still be redeemed and that her and Daniel were opposites, hence Cavil is jealous of Daniel. It was odd that Roslin spent a scene telling Lee that he's always doing the right thing and Ellen had a scene telling Cavil the opposite. These two disconnected scenes got me thinking that Lee is the opposite of Cavil, therefore he is Daniel. And the first time we met Ellen she was quite smitten with Lee.

All in all though, a very smart episode that definitely needs more than one viewing to absorb.

Edited by RicePiece

Daniel, Kara, and "Slick", the piano player... I expect something to come out of this.

As a "great revelations" episode, I felt let down. It was almost anti-climactic. I expected something more interesting (don't read this to mean convoluted).

While I'd love to see Baltar as 7, but I could also see it be Kara's father. He was a musician (per his piano piece we heard in Kara's return to Caprica). Would also explain his mysterious absence from, what appears to be, most/all of her life. This would also potentially help tie in what the hell happened to Kara. Not full Cylon per say, but perhaps half.
The chain of events is also open for Tigh to be Kara's father. He's certainly capable of knocking people up.

I really love how despite all the theories, the writers give actual plausible explanations for things. It really isn't like, oh god just poofed things into being or something or willed it to happen.
I think you're selectively ignoring a lot of what's going on in the show. There is "one true god" that's a part of all of these events, from the Six in Baltar's head, to the temple on the Algae planet that gave D'anna her revelations (and, according to Ellen in this episode, gave the 13th Tribe the way to Earth), to the heavenly glow that Anders experienced before being incapacitated. Some higher power is manipulating things.

* Lastly, is it possible Daniel is the Basestar Hybrid or the one specific Hybrid from Razor? :unsure:
It doesn't seem so. According to Anders, the Cylons had already developed the hybrids before they encountered the Final Five. Edited by Roger

That movie never happened!!!!!! :lol:

After thinking about it, I was reminded more of a certain captain/Emissary to the Prophets who nearly died because of his visions.

Pretty sure Ron Moore worked on that show too. ;)

Zeist! Zeist! Zeist!

Yes, divine insight always comes with brain damage on these shows. There's always a price to pay.

In the podcast commentary, Moore said that Daniel will figure into the Caprica series, but the real reason that he even exists is because the writers realized they goofed by assigning Sharon the number 8 so early on in the series before they figured out what they were doing with the cylons.