Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Yeah, I took it that he died too. I'm p'd off too like the rest of you, not only for the mutiny but the attitude's as well by Skulls, Conner, and the Rapist. I agree with Mog, their True colors showed. What REALLY p'ed me off though is that Geata and Zarek offer no other alternatives, to quote the Dark Knight "some men just want to watch the world burn" I guess. Wonder what Geata would think if he knew Zarek signed the order to allow the "circle" which Conner was in ironically, that almost got him killed since he is holding a grudge about that.

Gotta say though, I find it alittle hard to believe that soooo much of the military would turn on Adama the way they did. It seemed like the majority of the fighting military ie Marines, pilots, and such are mutineers. No one had the old mans back!? That seemed to be a bit of a stretch plot wise IMO.

:rolleyes:

Chris

I'm willing to wager on the following sequence of events:

-So we already know next eps... Galactica vs. Rebel Base Star. A lot of Viper vs. Viper vs. Rebel Raider pew pew.... Madame President gets tough and orders nukes pointed at Galactica, Gaeta/Zarek order Galactica to do likewise... tense Mexican standoff.

-The ol' "We will flush tsomeone out the airlock if you don't stand down bla bla bla".

-OH NOEZ Dradis lights up, and Cavil arrives with "teh real" Cylons, hilarity ensues.

-The traitors in the CIC fail at command, so Gaeta brings the old man and tigh back.

-Galactica and fleet narrowly escape... Gaeta commits suicide, Zarek goes into hiding.

The End :)

Gotta say though, I find it alittle hard to believe that soooo much of the military would turn on Adama the way they did. It seemed like the majority of the fighting military ie Marines, pilots, and such are mutineers. No one had the old mans back!? That seemed to be a bit of a stretch plot wise IMO.

:rolleyes:

Chris

Remember that Gaeta, during the fake fire convinced Adama to send the loyal marines to the back of the ship to see if there were sabateurs at work. There are probably a lot of loyal guys around fighting in the hallways, and many were probably ambushed by the mutineers.

Even if Saul Tigh

does die

, Ellen

is reappearing very soon, and will have a major part to play.

I could imagine him with 2 eyes soon.

Oh, and by the way, Saul Tigh is

listed on the episode call sheets for future episodes.

:)

Edited by Duke Togo

I haven't seen any casting sheets to indicate Ellen coming back. Though I wouldn't be at all surprised. As for Saul, I'd almost bet on Bill dying before him. This last episode really had people get their acts together but Saul has really come into his own. He's managed to hold his composure quite well. I'm not sure we'll see any of the Final Five die and then be reborn in the next 7 episodes.

Oh, and by the way, Saul Tigh is

listed on the episode call sheets for future episodes.

:)

Could be flashbacks.

I still see Gaeta as being the final Cylon somehow, with how the Hybrid talked about the last one. Supprised we didn't see Roslyn's secretary with him the way she was acting. I guess they decided not to make her a superbitch anymore.

I'm willing to wager on the following sequence of events:

-So we already know next eps... Galactica vs. Rebel Base Star. A lot of Viper vs. Viper vs. Rebel Raider pew pew.... Madame President gets tough and orders nukes pointed at Galactica, Gaeta/Zarek order Galactica to do likewise... tense Mexican standoff.

-The ol' "We will flush tsomeone out the airlock if you don't stand down bla bla bla".

-OH NOEZ Dradis lights up, and Cavil arrives with "teh real" Cylons, hilarity ensues.

-The traitors in the CIC fail at command, so Gaeta brings the old man and tigh back.

-Galactica and fleet narrowly escape... Gaeta commits suicide, Zarek goes into hiding.

The End :)

Good call on predicting the upcoming plot of the show ....

Rumor has the last shot of the series being

Tricia Helfer walking through Time Square in modern day NYC.

Patriot Resource has this as a rumor, I am not sure how much confidence they have in it.

Edited by Duke Togo

Rumor has the last shot of the series being

Tricia Helfer walking through Time Square in modern day NYC.

Patriot Resource has this as a rumor, I am not sure how much confidence they have in it.

I would actually like to know more of what happened on the planet, especially why it was nuked. I bet it was that damn WHOPR, in BSG's time line Matthew Broderick was unable to show joshua the lose-lose aspect of thermonuclear war. :rolleyes:

I would actually like to know more of what happened on the planet, especially why it was nuked. I bet it was that damn WHOPR, in BSG's time line Matthew Broderick was unable to show joshua the lose-lose aspect of thermonuclear war. :rolleyes:

Oh no, it was the catastrophe which befell Earth when Captain William "Buck" Rogers took off in his space shuttle thingy. :)

(Notice how I am tying two shows created by Glen Larson together?)

Oh no, it was the catastrophe which befell Earth when Captain William "Buck" Rogers took off in his space shuttle thingy. :)

(Notice how I am tying two shows created by Glen Larson together?)

How about KITT and KARR? With their scanners.

The latest KARR (Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robot-Exoskeleton), which is a transformer, would fit the NBSG setting.

The Final Five being KITT's successors while Significant Seven are KARR's. But those lines blurs.

LOL :lol:

How about KITT and KARR? With their scanners.

The latest KARR (Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robot-Exoskeleton), which is a transformer, would fit the NBSG setting.

The Final Five being KITT's successors while Significant Seven are KARR's. But those lines blurs.

LOL :lol:

kitt_dashboard.jpg

I'm sorry Micheal, but humanity has been deemed not worthy by the one true cylon god.

The mutiny was kind of strange to me. In other shows, it's usually lead by some jerk off with mostly red shirts following them and is resolved relatively cleanly, like BSG "Take the Celestra." Here though they made it painful by making a lot of the side characters created over the years as the mutineers.

Gotta commend them for keeping track of continuity this week since I forgot some of the details.

Like everyone else here,

it's sad Gaeta had to go down that path, but he's got to go after this.

Some nerd humor for this season:

"Wow, Kid Icarus finally grew a pair." :lol:

Edited by Einherjar

As a tangent to continuity, one reason BSG has been so successful imo is that Moore et al had a definite plan on how to start, develop, and most important END the series. Because this is insider information, I don't know for sure, but at the least there was an attempt to plan a definitive finale instead of just dragging it on season after season until the cow was milked dry, which is why this is the last season, though with its immense popularity it could have gone on longer.

That is the essence of telling a good story, and it beats some quickly pieced together ending to wrap up a show that has been abruptly canceled cough Enterpr cough.

one reason BSG has been so successful imo is that Moore et al had a definite plan on how to start, develop, and most important END the series.

Which is not true. For the first 2 seasons they had no real idea where they were going with it; Moore hated the Cylons "and they have a plan" bit, because there was no story behind it. Season 3 is where they really had a concrete story with an end game.

From the mini-series to this season, the story has changed quite a bit.

That is coming. There is a strong connection between what happened on Earth and what happened on Kobol.

That's what I'm thinking too, but I thought they left Earth already. I'd figure with all the prophecy stuff leading them there they'd better look for some more.

Considering yesterday was February 2nd, I'm surprised no one tried to post a picture of Bill Murray or certain ground-dwelling rodent with the caption, "All this has happened before and will happen again...." :rolleyes:

I just recieved a box of 5 Cylons figures from the Razor movie. These things are cool. Very retro but with that "terminator" feel to it. Lots of movable joints (I counted 30) and pnuematic pistons (and most of them work!) without being a floppy mess. The plastic used is sturdy and hold the details well. And these things are huge even by action figure standards. Over 8 inches tall with their legs fully extended.

There are two versions of this baby, the Guardian and the Warrior. Both have standard base bodies but the warrior is a shared exclusive to various online stores. Both differ in head sculpts and armor, but both look cool in their own right. It would of been nice if they came out with a gold command version. Diamond Select did a wonderful job with these figures. I might pick up "Husker" Adama and make a nice diorama/fight scene (mid-air?)

If I can get hold of a camera I'll be sure to post some pics.

OK so humanity started on Kobol. So did human looking cylons. The human looking cylons a.k.a the 13th tribe left Kobol well before the rest of humanity left Kobol. 2000 years before the start of events in BSG, the 12 tribes of kobol left when a great disaster stuck the plaent. Also 2000 years ago the palent they call earth got the bejeezus nuked out of it. the 12 tribes settle in the colonies and all is good untill they recreate the cylons or what we learn later is the 13th tribe.

Glad that we finally saw the engine room.

I assume the holes Tyrol found are the beginning of Galactica finally breaking down physically. They showed up in one of the You Will Know The Truth clues as well and made Adama get weepy.

You'd think after all this time they would have shown the engine room before this. I didn't realized they hadn't until watching this episode when it finally clicked. I hope Anders is okay though. :(

Seriously, I like Anders, so hopefully he pulls through. Glad to see Helo managed to stay in the land of the living after that beat down. I'm sort of curious how next week will play out. The trailer hinted at what a big chunk of it likely will be, but we have the hull breach (I think anyways) in the engine room, as well as some injured regulars. Also how will the fleet react, what will we do about the Quorum?