Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Poor Dee, why? Her death flags were easy to spot in the episode, but it was still hard to see her go. Till the last minute I didn't think they had the guts to kill her, but nothing has stopped the show from doing it before. At least she's with Billy now.

Great job Tigh, you killed the final Cylon seasons ago. And he wasn't drunk at the time either.

:lol:

I think that's why I like Battlestar Galactica especially with the last seasons, they are NOT playing around. It's going to be a good, but depressing 9 episodes left with everything going to hell. I will probably need something more upbeat to watch when it's all over.

Edited by Einherjar

If i were rich, which would be a major factor for this comment. I would have loved to have the $$$ to buy a complete Viper pilot uniform & helmet!!

Namely Grace Parks (Boomer/Athena's) uniform & Starbucks (Kara's)!! Wow, to be wealthy!! B))

I actually went, but was outbid on the few items in my price range.

That being said, if I were rich I'd be owning the full size Vipe MK VII. Oh well, even though I didn't win anything it was still fun to see some of that stuff in the flesh..so to speak.

wait...just remembered...

so Hellen is the final cylon...back in season 1, when she appeared out of nowhere and Adama thought she was a cylon, why didn't Baltar test showed she was a cylon...or I don't know if my memory serves me right, but Baltar says to Adama and Tye that she's not a cylon but imaginary 6 asks Baltar what the result was and he says something like "I'll never tell"... so...he always knew she was a cylon???

uhhh..... :blink::huh:

I actually went, but was outbid on the few items in my price range.

That being said, if I were rich I'd be owning the full size Vipe MK VII. Oh well, even though I didn't win anything it was still fun to see some of that stuff in the flesh..so to speak.

Wow, that's hardcore Kaio...Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, what items did you bid on, and what did they close at?

So the BSG Live Auction took place over the weekend at the Pasadena Convention Center.

Article Here

Some highlights:

Allright, so which one of you perverts ponied up the 13k to sniff Six's dress? :lol:

Some items are currently up for bid on ebay

I'd ask who bidded for Starbuck's flightsuit instead, since it would likely be more...ripe...than a dress.

Wow, that's hardcore Kaio...Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, what items did you bid on, and what did they close at?

Some of the Fire arms, Cane's knife. I was thinking about getting some Leoben stuff, but it was mostly his costumes and those started in the low thousands and that's a bit pricey for some clothes. On average the guns started at around 400ish depending on which version but most easily went for close to or over 1000.

My mom also loves Starbuck's little goddess statues but those went up passed my price range really fast. As a fan I had kinda mixed reactions from the event it was a lot of fun, but kind of sad that things like patches were going for 500+ dollars.

I would have loved the BSG emblem that hung in CIC but that was one of the hotter items on the block.

I went there with a fair amount of money in mind to spend, but I was only going to spend it on something I really wanted that was at least relevant to the show. I didn't really want to buy something just because it was on the show. Still, overall I enjoyed myself.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I went there with a fair amount of money in mind to spend, but I was only going to spend it on something I really wanted that was at least relevant to the show. I didn't really want to buy something just because it was on the show. Still, overall I enjoyed myself.

Man that sux, sorry to hear you didn't get to score anything cool.

Did they have the prop for Lampkin's dead cat? :lol:

Haha no they didn't. They had his suits, coat, glasses and a few other odds and ends, but no dead cats :p

The dead cat is currently in Eastenders on the BBC in the U.K

He has been stuffed with money and mounted onto a wooden box. "dont ask"

With all the "we are all Fraked" story arc I say hot foot it back to Kobol at least it was habitable and the Cylon's wont be anywhere near as much a problem seeing as half of them are now on the Colonies side.

Edited by big F

The Algae Planet (it never had a name aside from that) was destroyed in that supernova. Kobol is inhabitable, but it would take two years, maybe more, of travel to get back there, including crossing that radioactive expanse. The fleet wouldn't go for that.

They could also go back to New Caprica, but again, it would take a year or more, and I'd say their chances of running into Cavil, Doral, and Simon were much higher there.

Their best bet is to look for another system close to Sol that had an Earth-type planet (non-radioactive, of course), and that's what Adama tasked Gaeta with at the end of last week's episode.

The podcast commentary confirms that D'anna is staying on Earth to die and that was Lucy Lawless' last episode. How did D'anna know that Ellen Tigh was dead? The only explanation I can come up with is that the cylons found her body in the resistance's underground lair before they departed from New Caprica. Unless, of course, the knowledge was part of her divine revelation.

Their best bet is to look for another system close to Sol that had an Earth-type planet (non-radioactive, of course), and that's what Adama tasked Gaeta with at the end of last week's episode.

I hear Barnard star is quite nice but the Alpha Centuri group is all rocks.

The Algae Planet (it never had a name aside from that) was destroyed in that supernova. Kobol is inhabitable, but it would take two years, maybe more, of travel to get back there, including crossing that radioactive expanse. The fleet wouldn't go for that.

Yeah but the Cylons have that super-jump capability so they could get around that. Whereas I could see a return to Kobol fitting the whole "everything has happened before and will happen again" I can't see where they're going with this story. They'll probably have the good guys try to break the cycle but who knows?

Yeah but the Cylons have that super-jump capability so they could get around that. Whereas I could see a return to Kobol fitting the whole "everything has happened before and will happen again" I can't see where they're going with this story. They'll probably have the good guys try to break the cycle but who knows?

At this point that would be the best ending IMO. Then in another 2000 years or so the "Cylons" can go off to Earth, and the 12 Colonies can head off again too. Right now I'm firmly in the camp that everyone is "technically" a Cylon. This weeks episode to me was a little weak. Sure some stuff happened, but it is all set-up to next week.

At this point that would be the best ending IMO. Then in another 2000 years or so the "Cylons" can go off to Earth, and the 12 Colonies can head off again too. Right now I'm firmly in the camp that everyone is "technically" a Cylon. This weeks episode to me was a little weak. Sure some stuff happened, but it is all set-up to next week.

Don't be surprised. I see a lot of weak shows springing out of the BSG camp. The old admiral from the Pegesaus would have popped a cap in all these fools.

Maybe bald is his thing now?

Still not much happened this episode, though I think I finally have some context for those new webisodes they did. In any case, next week should be much better. I'd like to see Felix get the axe though either D style or someone doing it for him. I really never liked his character, and it's compounded more by this episode.

I'm often surprised how soldiers in the show (despite the circumstances) act in a very on soldier like fashion. Admiral Cane would have brained Felix in the CIC for some of the crap he said. She wasn't my favorite either, but we could us some of her no BS attitude at this point from the Old Man.

The Old Man had Nookie on the Brain. :lol:

It can cause you to not think straight and occasionally forget your priorities.

It's a common condition in men ages 13 through 80.

But give the Admiral credit: he did mind frak with Zarek enough to get the Tillium ship back.

So, I guess Cally had a Hot Dog before marrying the (Ex-)Chief.

I wonder how next week is going to hit Adama. He's allow himself to become very personal when it comes to the relationship with many of his younger members of his bridge crew. What Felix is going to do should hit him hard if only for a little while but still hit him with it happening soon after what happen to Dee.

Anyone else here hoping when this situation is done with that Apollo ends up being President again? You can just see how much he wants to do something but can't due not being in the position to really do it. The old man would accept him there in a heartbeat a second time after all the crap he's had to put up with when it comes to Zarack and Roselin. Though this might be wishful thinking on my part.

Quick question. When did the Six that is currently with Tigh first show up. Is this the one from Caprica that was with Baltar or another on? I have a semi-theory about something it really depends on when she showed up.

Edited by Effect

She showed up on Galactica after she helped Athena escape with Hera from the Baseship sometime near the end of season 3. Yes, she was the 6 that originally seduced Baltar to gain access to the Colonial defence network.

Chris

So, I guess Cally had a Hot Dog before marrying the (Ex-)Chief.

Yeah, puts to rest something I was wondering about back when the plot focused on the importance of Hera, the human/cylon hybrid.

I questioned how important she was anymore after it was revealed that Chief was a toaster, because that would've made his and cally's child a hybrid also.

Had he been the father. Speaking of Hera, who's Athena and Helo gonna get to babysit now that Dualla is gone? At least the girl has some jacks to play with now ^_^

Yeah, puts to rest something I was wondering about back when the plot focused on the importance of Hera, the human/cylon hybrid.

I questioned how important she was anymore after it was revealed that Chief was a toaster, because that would've made his and cally's child a hybrid also.

Had he been the father. Speaking of Hera, who's Athena and Helo gonna get to babysit now that Dualla is gone? At least the girl has some jacks to play with now ^_^

So, here's the question- if Hera is not a hybrid, what was the importance of the shared dream between Roslyn, Athena, and Six? That was a recurring item.

So, here's the question- if Hera is not a hybrid, what was the importance of the shared dream between Roslyn, Athena, and Six? That was a recurring item.

white drew I'm confused by your question. Hera (the daughter of Athena and Helo) is a hybrid. I was referring to the chief and callie's son, who turns out is not half cylon because Chief isn't the dad now.

As far as the importance of Hera, maybe they had planned on making her more important to the plot but because of the strike and having to wrap up season 4 plans changed.

Or maybe she served her purpose after proving that a Cylon and Human could breed? *SHRUG* :huh:

Any baby focus is gonna be on the Six/Tigh cylon/cylon kid now anyway.

I'm loving this show more and more each season, and I'm saddened that the end is approaching.

I love the absolute level of hopelessness of the past 2 eps... people loosing all hope, Roslin going near insanity, Gaeta about to go rogue, and a Valium-popping Adama confessing that on some days he hates his job. I had a lot of theories on how the show would end, but now that the general mood/tone of the show has been dragged to the bottom of the barrel, it's anyone's guess now on how a nice uplifting ending will be delivered.

But the wear and tear of each of the characters over the past 4 years has just been captured wonderfully, and I can't really remember a show in the past 10 years that has been able to project this so successfully onto a screen.

Edited by Ghost Train

it's anyone's guess now on how a nice uplifting ending will be delivered.

From what the cast has been saying and the way the show has always been, you may not get that ending, or anything close.

From my point of view, people need to start dying. I like Bill and have come to like Laura a lot too. What they have managed to do for humanity on the show is remarkable. It always seems to me that they are constantly under appreciated. If they allow people like Felix and Tom to have their way humanity will surely be doomed. Still, it was a good set up for next week.

I've never carred about the show( being an old school BSG fan) but, I really like Dee. I hated that she married Apollo, then got divorced. But, I was hopeful that she'd meet somebody else (Should have seen her end coming but I didn't). Now, I'm

glad the show is in it's final episodes, and don't care to see the end (wasted WAY too much time on it already!) ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

you may not get that ending, or anything close.

From my point of view, people need to start dying.

Maybe it's you who's hoping for the bad end. :p

The "bald" thing is just bringing back memories of Brokeback Galactica. What interests me most is Baltar's hating-God phase here. Seems like his ranks are breaking down too, enjoying Chief's little fight. Will this cause his headSix to bitch at him? I'd think he'd be the one, with the old gods' prophecy supposively failing, to throw some good support. Guess not.

And I guess Zarek's afraid of dirty laundary

reports

:lol:

Nah I'm not hoping for a super downer ending necessarily, but I don't think it'll all be wrapped up with a nice big bow an be happy and uplifting either. This is BSG, no one stays happy for long :p.

What I meant about people dying was this; Humanity is at it's lowest point since the attack, maybe lower. The people are tired, worn out, their hopes of a new home (that have kept them going for 4 years) are gone. But we are also at our weakest, D'anna seemed very certain that Cavil would hunt them down, and I'm inclined to agree. Yet we have people like Felix and Tom Zarek spreading discontent and uprising amongst the fleet and this is exactly the wrong time for it.

Lets take a look at the tilium ship that high tailed it this past episode. Where would they go? Did they even consider what might have happened had they been captured, or destroyed or not able to get back? The fleet would have been stuck and humanity would have died in space either from lack of resources or destruction by Cavil, or even just self destructing.

I want humanity (and the Cylons) to survive this in some capacity, but I really think people like Tom and Felix need to get airlocked for what they are doing.