Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Amazon posted all of the webisodes except Ep 9 by accident

You go watch now!!! :lol:

Except anyone out side of the U.S of A cant watch them.

How is it the U.K can have the last series running here one episode ahead of the U.S but we cant get the webisodes except on youtube.

Hell I even got my DVd of the miniseries before it was released in the the U.S in the DVD store on the High street near my house.

Come on T.V people we have this thing called the internet please use it properly and to your and our advantage.

So, after watching each webisode and their related commentaries, I think it's safe to say that any shred of interest I may have had in Underworld 3 has been crushed by having to sit through that bloody trailer each and every frakkin' time!!! :angry:

Who's bright idea was it to have that trailer pop up every single time (without fail) when we decide to click a webisode link? Yeah, yeah, advertising and such. But is pissing off your target audience the best way to generate interest in your film? There's no chance it would cause a backlash and blow up in the marketers' faces, would it?

Heck, why not add a Quizno's survey at the end of each webisode too for good measure? :rolleyes:

I'LL KILL YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!! (Well at least Sci-Fi's or BSG's marketing folks :p ).

So, after watching each webisode and their related commentaries, I think it's safe to say that any shred of interest I may have had in Underworld 3 has been crushed by having to sit through that bloody trailer each and every frakkin' time!!! :angry:

Who's bright idea was it to have that trailer pop up every single time (without fail) when we decide to click a webisode link? Yeah, yeah, advertising and such. But is pissing off your target audience the best way to generate interest in your film? There's no chance it would cause a backlash and blow up in the marketers' faces, would it?

Heck, why not add a Quizno's survey at the end of each webisode too for good measure? :rolleyes:

I'LL KILL YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!™ (Well at least Sci-Fi's or BSG's marketing folks :p ).

That kinda makes me glad that U.K ISP users cant see it.

I'LL KILL YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!! (Well at least Sci-Fi's or BSG's marketing folks :p ).

"WE CAN BE SLAVES, OR.....WE CAN BE LYCHANS

I feel your pain...It was like the actor watched the "This is Spartaaaa!!!" scene from 300 for inspiration before every take

After a while I thought it would be funny if he said "We can be Lightans instead (as in Gold Lightan). It would be a whole different movie altogether.

Interesting that it's the same actor who's in Frost/Nixon, a dramatic movie that's been getting good reviews.

Edited by chowyunskinny

That's why I resorted to using Youtube only.

* The revelations in the first 10 or 15 minutes of are so staggering in their hugeness, you may feel like you’re watching the first few minutes of the series finale.

* Baltar’s back in labcoat, and in superscientist mode. No worshippers lurking about.

* We learn how long ago the planet was nuked.

* Anders finds a guitar neck.

* Dualla cries over a set of jacks she finds in the sand.

* Starbuck & Leoben decide to explore the planet together.

* Dualla babysits Hera for Athena & Helo. (So I gather those scenes deleted from the prior episode - the ones depicting Athena's violent death - never happened.) This scene may prove important later.

* A major character speaks the words, “What am I?”

* Six finds something astonishing in the sand.

* Starbuck finds something astonishing in a field.

* Gaeta finds something astonishing in his bunkroom.

* Tyrol finds something astonishing in his brain.

* Leoben speaks the words, “I was wrong.”

* Roslin comes to some very big decisions. Mary McDonnell may be the finest dramatic actress on the planet.

* An enraged William Adama has a memorably tense conversation with his executive officer. It begins with the words, “Sit down, Cylon.”

* Lee will adjust the number on the whiteboard.

* At least one character will begin hiding a big new secret.

* The final scene deleted from screeners forwarded to the press is said to contain the identity of the 12th and final Cylon. Which means I'll be watching tonight as well.

* How does your screener end, spoiler boy? “Just ride the tide out to sea,” Tigh tells his fellow Cylon.

I honestly could see that second thing coming but when it finally happen it was still a shock.

Dee was one of my favorite characters so when she killed herself I really felt it.

As for

Ellen being the 5th that was a surprise. They did say the 5th was someone we had seen from the beginning but I think after Saul killed her on New Caprica a lot of people didn't even bother considering her in the running. However that was very creepy how both Saul and Tyoril seemed to find the locations of their actual death on Earth. The thing with Starbuck....well I'm even more confused about her then I was before.

This was all well worth the wait!!!!!

Edited by Effect

I won't say anything to spoil it for others, but what a sad & depressing episode. All that work to find Earth destroyed. The scene with Starbuck really surprised me.......

But Dee shooting herself, that was really sad, she was one of the characters i really liked!!

9 more episodes to go....

I think my initial reaction during all the big revelations (other than the one that's been spoiled out on the Internet for awhile): WHAT :huh: THE :blink: FRAK!!? :wacko:

I know I've said it in the past, but it begs to be said again: Col. Tigh is THE FRAKKEN MAN!!!!!!!

I loved, LOVED, LOVED that scene of his on the ship!

With the rest of the head honchos crawling into fetal positions, practically shell-shocked, leave it to the drunk-ass Cylon to be the level-headed voice of reason that snaps ol' Bill back to his senses. Great stuff there.

Don't know how I feel about Ellen being the fifth.....especially since it essentially demeans her death back on New Caprica.

And I still don't know what to think about the 13th Tribe being Cylons or Earth being the o.g. Cylon-Homeworld. :huh:

But just some powerful stuff all around:

* Laura losing her religion :blink:

* Dee feeling complete bliss.....then blowing her brains out! :blink:

* The quiet whiteboard scene with Apollo. :(

* The "discovery" that fills Kara with dread, anger, and nausea.

Wonder how the whole "harbinger of death" will play itself out. Of course, we also still have Athena's and Roslin's opera house dream that needs some explainin' too.

Here's hoping they keep this kind of pace and reach a good resolution/conclusion. :)

Yeah I'd almost say for the next 9 weeks, we're gonna see some people we don't want killed off just get axed left and right and it's gonna be such a big bummer for those of us that are fans of those certain characters.

Still a bit in shock of what's happened though.

What a way to kick things off. Ellen was unexpected and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Kara has a whole new set of problems (if she's scaring of Leoben I'd be worried if I was her). I'm not surprised about Earth's history, I expected almost exactly that. Dee offing herself was...surprising but not devastating. Some interesting tid bits about the Five coming out now. Good episode but we'll just have to see how everything unfolds.

Wow, what an episode!!! I'm glad I missed most of the spoilers for once, so I had some suprises....very sad. All I can sayis my addiction is back in full force and I can't wait for next week!!

Chris

Personally I think the "everyone is a cylon" theme was where the show came off the tracks. Last night's episode was so depressing and sh*tty that I'm not sure if I'm going to bother watching any further. I liked the show when it was HUMANS fighting for survival. Now, half the characters are cylons and everyone sits around crying and being depressed all the time.

I'm at the point now where I don't care about any of the characters or the story anymore. And this is coming from a guy who stood up and cheered when they did the "Adama Maneuver" at New Caprica.

What happened to the stories of human survival and interaction with the fleet? Gone. Now it's all I'm a Cylon, You're a Cylon, Who's a Cylon, and the Cylons are fighting amongst themselves about who's a better Cylon. FRAK THAT. :angry:

I used to be a fan of the show. I used to look forward every week with anticipation. Now I'm just cynical and bitter about where they've taken it, and I feel like they've completely ruined what was once an awesome show. :(

Wow, what an episode!!! I'm glad I missed most of the spoilers for once, so I had some suprises....very sad. All I can sayis my addiction is back in full force and I can't wait for next week!!

Chris

Its nice to have surprises once in an a while, last night was no exception.... definitely a sad episode!!!

Last night was depressing, but awesome just the same!! Now if you've ever watched the original Galactica series and saw how they ended it or what it became later as a series, its a tragedy. Where the producers/crew has taken Battlestar now is sensational!!

Personally I think the "everyone is a cylon" theme was where the show came off the tracks. Last night's episode was so depressing and sh*tty that I'm not sure if I'm going to bother watching any further. I liked the show when it was HUMANS fighting for survival. Now, half the characters are cylons and everyone sits around crying and being depressed all the time.

I'm at the point now where I don't care about any of the characters or the story anymore. And this is coming from a guy who stood up and cheered when they did the "Adama Maneuver" at New Caprica.

What happened to the stories of human survival and interaction with the fleet? Gone. Now it's all I'm a Cylon, You're a Cylon, Who's a Cylon, and the Cylons are fighting amongst themselves about who's a better Cylon. FRAK THAT. :angry:

I used to be a fan of the show. I used to look forward every week with anticipation. Now I'm just cynical and bitter about where they've taken it, and I feel like they've completely ruined what was once an awesome show. :(

The human drama has been in my opinion the greatest sell of the show, which is why my favorite story arc was the Galactica vs Pegasus confrontation. However, the show is winding down to its conclusion so I can understand why they want to now to shift the focus to the macro-questions - which is really about Earth and the Cylons.

Judging by the preview of the next episode it seems we'll get to see some of that good old dirty Galactica human nature at work again :)

WWWAAAHHH!! :D

Sometimes going through the darkness makes you appreciate the returning light all the more.

I think you can forgive the show and this episode specifically though. I mean, c'mon, their whole mission, their single-driven purpose, their ultimate objective was to find Earth and settle with their lost bretheren.

I think you gotta give them a little leeway since that plan went straight to hell in a nuclear handbasket.

Of course they're gonna be cynical and feeling depressed!

Heck, just look at our own world for a milder example: we're currently going through a standard economic recession, and yet, everyone is feeling a little more down and cynical.

It's just a part of human nature.

As for the Cylons getting integrated into the fleet and us getting a look into the Cylon culture?

Umm, yeah, I guess a TV series with part of its focus being on a mysterious/unknown enemy who attacks your planet, has a slightly different culture (or lack thereof) from you, and winds up eventually being integrated into your society just doesn't jive all that well with you......especially when the title of the series is the name of the main capital ship, such as Battlestar Galactica or Macross. :p