Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Just "kind of"? :huh:

:lol:

I love everything about the end of that first hour/episode with Pegasus: the camera work, the editing, the cutting between the two CIC's, the crescendo'ing music. . . everything was absolutely pitch perfect for that whole sequence.

Razor is totally worth watching.

Make sure it's the extended version that you pick on the menu screen. The "aired on television" version is good too, but the extra bits on the extended version are definitely worthwhile contributions to the plot and story.

Just "kind of"? :huh:

:lol:

No longer "kind of." She and Adama are planning to kill each other now.

I love everything about the end of that first hour/episode with Pegasus: the camera work, the editing, the cutting between the two CIC's, the crescendo'ing music. . . everything was absolutely pitch perfect for that whole sequence.

I love the parallels that they through into the show...the episode titled "The Resistance" featuring TWO resistance movements (President Roslin escaping Galactica contrasted against the resistance on Caprica), the episode that begins with a drop of Chief's blood hitting the ground and ending with a drop of Sharon's blood likewise hitting the ground, the cross-cutting between the two assassination plots in the episode I just watched...it's all well-thought-out, and very, very smart.

And yeah, my DVD supplier mentioned that Razor was really good; I'm sure she'll hand over the DVD when the time comes. ^_^

The events in Razor took place during Season 2, but it wasn't produced/released until after Season 3.

I'd recommend waiting until you finish watching Season 3 to see it if you're given the option.

I trust my supplier. She's very careful and making sure I get it all in the right order, and will revela no spoilers. (When we talk about the show, mostly I talk and she just nods silently with a half-smile on her face. Once, when I was telling her which characters I liked the best, she said, "I totally know which episodes you are going to loooove. That's about the extent of it, although she did let slip that the Six that hangs around Baltar will become known as "Caprica," which puzzles me at this point...but I'm sure it will all come clear eventually. It also helps that she hasn't finished the series herself. She's about halfway through Season 4.)

... although she did let slip that the Six that hangs around Baltar will become known as "Caprica," which puzzles me at this point...but I'm sure it will all come clear eventually. It also helps that she hasn't finished the series herself. She's about halfway through Season 4.)

that's not quite right... :ph34r:

I trust my supplier. She's very careful and making sure I get it all in the right order, and will revela no spoilers. (When we talk about the show, mostly I talk and she just nods silently with a half-smile on her face. Once, when I was telling her which characters I liked the best, she said, "I totally know which episodes you are going to loooove. That's about the extent of it, although she did let slip that the Six that hangs around Baltar will become known as "Caprica," which puzzles me at this point...but I'm sure it will all come clear eventually. It also helps that she hasn't finished the series herself. She's about halfway through Season 4.)

You're not too far away from finding out from the sound of it.

Oh, you mean the Imperious Leader is going to arrive? :lol: Is the Muffit going to make an appearance as well? ;)

their mothership is shaped like a giant muffit, Ron said it was an homage but the fans were pissed. I dunno, I think lizard people should have their own aesthetic but giant monkey dog shapped spaceships was a bit hard to swallow.

their mothership is shaped like a giant muffit, Ron said it was an homage but the fans were pissed. I dunno, I think lizard people should have their own aesthetic but giant monkey dog shapped spaceships was a bit hard to swallow.

Really??? I can't WAIT for that episode!!!

I'll post a big long essay about how cool it is when I get there!!!

Man, just when I thought the show couldn't get any awesomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kain's dead, Roslin's alive, Sharon gets to keep her baby (for now), and I have absolutely NO IDEA where the show is going next.

Pretty exciting feeling, actually. ^_^

The next two or three episodes immediately after the Pegasus arc are a bit clunky. But stick with it, and you'll be rewarded by season's end.

You mean after Roslin's pregnancy? Yeah.

no, that weird time travel arc where the galactica gets stuck in a causal loop and has to save the galactica from the original colony migration, only to send it back to be destroyed in order to save themselves.

Shush! Enough already!

(Just don't mention how Galactica is actually the SDF-1 and gets thrown back in time to 1999 after an encounter with a spatial anomoly in the Devron system) :ph34r:

no, that weird time travel arc where the galactica gets stuck in a causal loop and has to save the galactica from the original colony migration, only to send it back to be destroyed in order to save themselves.

Um, yeah...I just finished watching that one a few minutes ago. I thought it was okay, but I didn't understand what Helo's Gene Kelly-style dance sequence had to do with anything.

Um, yeah...I just finished watching that one a few minutes ago. I thought it was okay, but I didn't understand what Helo's Gene Kelly-style dance sequence had to do with anything.

WHAT??? It has everything to do with everything. You'll see, it all ties in together in the final episode where you find out Sharon is actually the great Cylon God.

SHARON'S the Cylon God...? Man, I was POSITIVE it was gonna be Dirk Benedict...

...You joke, but apparently the writers seriously considered that at one point in the first season. O.o You know, back before he went all 'Battlestar Galactica is what's wrong with America!'...

Edited by -Snowblind-