Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

The Cylons never did say if the resurection hub and its destruction meant no more skinjobs could be made. they only refer that their race is doomed. I though this was just as they could not further their existance to a point where they were no longer a manufactured product.

I assumed that they were made some place else and that the ships and skinjobs would only benifit from resurection once created. Do the actual Centurions have organic brains.

I do now recall what Cparica 6 said. So it makes sense not to scrap something if it works just fine.

Would be good to see some in action again not just in Razor. Maybe if the end battle is all out we will, if they throw everything into it that could mean old types too.

In the first season the Cylon Liobin said he was out side of the resurrection range when they caught him after they revealed to the fleet that the Cylon look humans. When ever a skin job was killed they resurrected to the nearest resurrection ship not the hub. This troubles me when the fleet was trying to gather enough material to Begin building new vipers a ace raider began killing vipers Sharon said that they did not have the ability to resurrect the raiders till they got a new resurrection ship.

In the first season the Cylon Liobin said he was out side of the resurrection range when they caught him after they revealed to the fleet that the Cylon look humans.

He was lying, though. In a later episode it was revealed that he did, in fact, resurrect, and told the other Cylons about how Kara tortured him.

He was lying, though. In a later episode it was revealed that he did, in fact, resurrect, and told the other Cylons about how Kara tortured him.

So does the resurrection ship simply give them the luxury of resurrecting close the their front line forces instead of having to travel back from the Hub which might take weeks.

So does the resurrection ship simply give them the luxury of resurrecting close the their front line forces instead of having to travel back from the Hub which might take weeks.
Who knows. They're making it up as they go along.

I kind of read the ressurection ships as being like a wireless router, their consciousness had to be in range of a hotspot so they could transfer their information into an available conduit, the ressurection hub was the machine that actually processed and reformatted their information and installed it on a cleanly formatted machine.

The idea of the hub never made any sense to me. A Cylon dies, then their consciousness is transferred back to the nearest resurrection ship, then to the hub, then back to the resurrection ship, where the Cylon wakes up in a tub of goo.

And the resurrection hub also carries extra bodies, presumably for restocking the resurrection ships.

The Final Five didn't seem to mention a hub in their own resurrection equipment. Why would the Cylons need one?

which ship is producing all the booze bottles? the main cast has smahsed hundreds of them in 4 years.

Maybe they set up a bottle factory on New Caprica. I seem to remember a lot of people drinking from jars in season 2.

Not a spoiler, but for those planning to Tivo / record the show tonight remember it's 2 hours and 11 minutes, it is supposed to run over several minutes beyond most standard DVR overlap caches.

Cool, thanks for the reminder.

Let the countdown begin.

The question is what to watch next BSG is nearly over Heroes is almost over for the time being, looks like the T.V will get a good rest.

Awesome. The DVR had it right but I added 5 mins anyway...

I can finally look at this thread... just watched all 8 episodes I was behind... what a ride!

Frakkin Helo got to cheat on his wife... but not really got to enjoy it... haha.

How'd you post at 10:01 PM? It wasn't even over!

Edit: So who/what IS Kara? I guess I got all the answers I'll ever get about Head-Six, and am satisified enough about that. But Kara--c'mon!

It's past 11 Eastern Standard Time David.

I think Kara's explination is

She's in everybody's head, since her fear was never to be forgotten, so in a way, everybody remembers her as a living person.

Wow Simply one of the best ending to a series I have seen in a long while. I especially liked the meld of religious and philisophical overture! for those who have not seen it yet ( possible spoiler)there is a definate wink as to who the Baltar and six's so called angel versions really are, acually quite funny! Also did you guys catch that dadalius style attack?

That was a great ending. Still have some questions though but going to rewatch the replay though to see if I missed anything. It was a sad yet fitting ending. Don't think it could have turned out any other way however the very final few minutes were a trip though. Didn't expect that at all. I wondered why they never showed a global map of Earth when they found it. Anyone else catch the cameo by Moore at the end?

Edited by Effect

I was accounting for time zones---you still seemed to post about the ending before the ending had ended!

Mustang----ok, so who are they really? (I don't feel like thinking at the moment)

::edit:: OK, now I get it, duh.

I think I'm in the minority, but I was REALLY hoping

that deep, esoteric overtures would not become an Easy Way Out for the fragging series. So, uh, HOW did Kara input the coordinates if she was a specter or in people's head? What?

Wow. Just wow. What an ending...

I knew it was coming, but I cried at Laura's death. Hit me right in the gut, and it takes alot to make me cry.

Ja, me too.

I'm a sap for that kind of thing.

In the end, it wrapped up about how I'd though it would. A little

supernatural for my taste, but it worked within the established rules of the show, so it was OK.

While

the stock footage of robots

was a little cheesy, I liked how

they connect Jimi H's Watchtower with the "All this has happened before" bit. The mitochondrial DNA bit was a nice touch too.

But before I seem too nitpicky, there was Teh Awesome:

Mournful, yet proud rendition of the classic Galactica theme! Classic & New Cylon action! Daedalus Attack! Whoboosh, Eeeeewwww, buddabuddabuddabuddabudda...

Oops, got carried away. ^_^

Interested in seeing what The Plan is all about. Still not sure about Caprica, though. And I might give Warehouse 13 a chance...

edit- wasn't sure about the spoiler tag rule for the West Coast. Thought I'd stick with it to be sure...

Edited by Kelsain

A fitting end, absolutely beautiful.

- Baltar's Bullsh!t saves the day! XD.

- Macross-style attack on the colony.... epic win

- Armored Centurions look awesome.

- I think if "Angel"-Baltar and Six represent some form of higher dimensional being, than Kara Thrace is probably of the same kind.

I decided to let this last bit out of spoilers. I didn't expect the last tidbit on Mitochondrial Eve. It's great to see educated writers. For those wondering (and those that have not played Parasite Eve ^_^ ), the newsflash at the end refers to Endosymbiotic theory which was postulated by Lynn Margulis. It is the predominant theory on how eukaryotic cells (those that we have) evolved from simpler prokaryotic cells (ie. bacteria).

To make a long story short, the theory says that a long time ago some larger bacteria might have engulfed or merged with smaller bacteria. Instead of dying though, the smaller bacteria somehow remained in the cell, and evolved into cellular components like mitochondria. To this day, mitochondria actually contains DNA as well! Mitochondrial DNA it is passed only from Mother to Child and mutates at a predictable rate, it has been a popular tool in the study of ancient human populations.

The term "Mitochondrial Eve" is actually used, and is thought to be of a woman living in Africa.

It's a nice general science blanket that encapsulates the show's themes about evolution, conflict, and adaptation.

Endosymbiotic Theory

hey david ,

I think I will keep it to myseld for now. As i am sure if i am incorrect I would be frakin stoned to death to death! LOL, just think about it for a while though, think about the context of their conversation and it will come to you.

well said ghost!

- I think if "Angel"-Baltar and Six represent some form of higher dimensional being, than Kara Thrace is probably of the same kind.

I decided to let this last bit out of spoilers. I didn't expect the last tidbit on Mitochondrial Eve. It's great to see educated writers. For those wondering (and those that have not played Parasite Eve ^_^ ), the newsflash at the end refers to Endosymbiotic theory which was postulated by Lynn Margulis. It is the predominant theory on how eukaryotic cells (those that we have) evolved from simpler prokaryotic cells (ie. bacteria).

To make a long story short, the theory says that a long time ago some larger bacteria might have engulfed or merged with smaller bacteria. Instead of dying though, the smaller bacteria somehow remained in the cell, and evolved into cellular components like mitochondria. To this day, mitochondria actually contains DNA as well! Mitochondrial DNA it is passed only from Mother to Child and mutates at a predictable rate, it has been a popular tool in the study of ancient human populations.

The term "Mitochondrial Eve" is actually used, and is thought to be of a woman living in Africa.

It's a nice general science blanket that encapsulates the show's themes about evolution, conflict, and adaptation.

Endosymbiotic Theory

Endosymbiotic Theory

SCIENCE!!!

Well I've been avoiding this thread for a week or two but now I can comment.

Just a great ending, enough tied up that I'm very satisfied but enough mystery that there is still stuff to talk about. Way happier ending than I had thought it would be. Just quite pleased overall.