Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

I wonder if the rebel Cylon Base star will be destroyed because if they lose the Galactica the balance of power will shift to the rebel Cylon's. I don't hate the Cylon's, but if the Colonial fleet loses its military capability it will serve as a source of tension between humans and Cylon's. which might cause the cycle of war to be repeated like it was in the past.

Something has been troubling after the fleet left new Caprica and they started having problems with the Tillium ship with a over worked crew and equipment. The fleet did nothing but sit in orbit of new caprica of almost a year why did they not completely overhall the tilium refining ships equipment, and would they not have completely processed all of their Tillium in the months they sat in orbit.

Edited by miles316

Starbuck will defeat Cavil with the power of song!

Lol just kidding.

It has happened before and will happen again. If the humans and the cylons can come together as one and live together in love and become one blended people where no one is Caprican or Cylon or Sagittarian. Then the cycle is broken. The Gods/God basically killed Liam when the final 5 and the rebels started planning to leave the humans to live away as a pure cylong society.

Edited by sucker4meltrans

Galactica will gattai with the rebel base star to form "Battlestar Cylon Custom Galactica DX" and transform into a giant centurion :p. Awww... so Adama is going to leeroy Galactica after all, I thought that plugging in Anders would jump start and save the ship.

I'm still intrigued by the rumors of the final scene of the series supposedly being

the six in her signature red dress walking through present day NYC

. The finale seems to be shaping up just to be one epic confrontation in space at Cavill's base. If the rumors are true, it'd be interesting to see how they tie it in.

When things are at its worst, Spark up a chronic and say "Frak it"!!!

Will boomer have a change of heart in the end.

Just for those who didn't see the episode yet, towards the end there, after Boomer gives up Hera, shes was crying alot, you wonder if there will be a self redemption of a sacrifice made on her part in the end???

And GALACTICA is truly the best ship in the fleet, She is not going down without a fight, no way in hell!!!

And GALACTICA is truly the best ship in the fleet, She is not going down without a fight, no way in hell!!!

Well she's the only ship in the fleet... at least militarily speaking. I'm really hoping the next 3 hrs... well more like 2+15 hrs is going to be really good. I can already see that BSG isn't going to end the way I would have wrapped up the series. But I'm still ready for the ride.

Well at this point of the series, there are so many rumors, theories and people who swear by the Gods of the 12 colonies they've got the answer. I'm just going to enjoy the next two episodes and hope its an ending that makes some sense, is powerful, makes ya cry and cheer and to know that in the pages of History, this will truly be noted as the greatest series ever made and no remake could do it justice!! Can't as for more than that!!

And to say "Galactica is best ship in the fleet" is more of an homage to her, as she is the only remaining Battlestar left, Unless another one folds out of no where to save the day???

Well at this point of the series, there are so many rumors, theories and people who swear by the Gods of the 12 colonies they've got the answer. I'm just going to enjoy the next two episodes and hope its an ending that makes some sense, is powerful, makes ya cry and cheer and to know that in the pages of History, this will truly be noted as the greatest series ever made and no remake could do it justice!! Can't as for more than that!!

And to say "Galactica is best ship in the fleet" is more of an homage to her, as she is the only remaining Battlestar left, Unless another one folds out of no where to save the day???

HEY LOOK EVERYONE ITS THE PEGASUS......oh wait nevermind.

I know no-one but me would even want this. But if I was ending the series. I would have them all jump to Kobol, but surprise, surprise Cavil's fleet is there waiting to kill em all. Big battle ensues, Galactica gets taken out, Cavil's forces are defeated. The Fleet and Rebel cyclons settle on Kobol. Cycle start over again.... potentially. I know it's a cookie cutter type ending. But I like it.

Of couse I would like the question answered as to what exactly Kara is, and what the Final 5 really know... but nonetheless.

I laughed my ass off at Starbuck takin a piss, although I'm surprised she didn't do it standing up :lol:

also, I got giddy seeing the retro Raiders at the Cylon colony ^_^

Baltar is a bitch. He outed Starbuck in front of every one.

I was wondering, what the Frak happened to Chief Tyrol?

He was such a major part of last weeks plot and indirectly responsible for aiding in the kidnapping of Hera.

Plus the worker Cylons should have figured out by now that he took a pipewrench to one of their 8's.

Kinda weird they glazed over what happened to him in the aftermath.

I was wondering, what the Frak happened to Chief Tyrol?

He was such a major part of last weeks plot and indirectly responsible for aiding in the kidnapping of Hera.

Plus the worker Cylons should have figured out by now that he took a pipewrench to one of their 8's.

Kinda weird they glazed over what happened to him in the aftermath.

According to Bear McCreary's blog, he's in the brig (they had to cut that down for time, but will be in the extended edition on the dvd set - he also complained about that)

So when you saw the Mother Baseship (Super BaseStar?, the HolyfrakkenshitStar?), anyone else start thinking we're gonna wind up with the Galactica ramming straight into it and seeing Bodolzaa....erm, Cavil eating tons of hot lead from Starbuck's Viper? :D

Sucks that they took out that Tyrol scene. I really hope they add back all the cut footage into these eps with the initial DVD release.

I'm thinking the only way Boomer redeems herself is by saving Hera and dying in the process.

Just about laughed my ass off when Boomer was getting pissy about Hera crying, "I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!" :lol: Doesn't she know? When you travel with kids you have to have a ton of food, some juice boxes, and a handful of DVDs or video games to keep the little buggers entertained.

Edited by Mog

That was pretty weak on Baltar's end!!

Yeah but it didn't seem like anyone really gave a frak about the revelation

So from the preview of the next episode it doesn't look like they're gonna start dismantling and re-distributing pieces of the Galactica, but...

I was thinking how funny it would be if they grafted the launch bays onto Colonial 1, or gave a gun turret to every ship they had enough for :lol:

Yeah but it didn't seem like anyone really gave a frak about the revelation

So from the preview of the next episode it doesn't look like they're gonna start dismantling and re-distributing pieces of the Galactica, but...

I was thinking how funny it would be if they grafted the launch bays onto Colonial 1, or gave a gun turret to every ship they had enough for :lol:

Doesn't Colonial 1 itself fit into one of those flight pods? Or are you just talking about the launch tubes?

Sure as hell would make it easier and more convenient for the President to space any criminal Cylons.

Really didn't mind Baltar spilling the beans. I'm sure everyone on the ship already knew that she died when her Viper got crushed on that gas giant. And she's been back in the fleet for some time now, so I don't think most crew members really care too much. Plus, with all the Cylons running around, her being a human or Cylon is pretty much a non-issue at this time.

Besides after seeing Earth destroy their hopes and dreams, I don't think there's much that can faze the Galactica crew at this point.

Doesn't Colonial 1 itself fit into one of those flight pods? Or are you just talking about the launch tubes?

Yeah, Colonial 1 is not as big as it seems, fits right inside the pods!!

I have a question.

Why didn't Starbuck give Baltar a right cross and knock his old ass out? It seemed really out of character for her to slap him when he gave up her secret. She seems like the type to smack somebody, not slap them like a girl would.

Anyone else notice Hera playing with the Galactica model and 'ramming' it into a Basestar?

Foreshadowing?

If we hadn't already seen Pegasus go out that way, it would be really cool.

We've even seen Galactica streak through the atmosphere on New Caprica...

Maybe Adama will pull a Global & take out the Cylon colony from the inside. Nukes away! (Sans the full barrier overload, though)

Anyone else notice Hera playing with the Galactica model and 'ramming' it into a Basestar?

Foreshadowing?

Yup. the moment i saw it, i already had an idea how it's gonna go down. and pairing that image with the final toast that adama and tigh made to Galactica, i'm thinking that's the way it's gonna go. hey, they did say they were gonna send Galactica off in style, didn't they.

That being said.... a toast to Galactica! damn, it's the beginning of the end. it's like the series was already saying goodbye to us. :(

I have a question.

Why didn't Starbuck give Baltar a right cross and knock his old ass out? It seemed really out of character for her to slap him when he gave up her secret. She seems like the type to smack somebody, not slap them like a girl would.

i think it's because, deep down, she already wanted to tell everyone. she's been just so burdened with the knowledge, and now it's finally off her chest. hell, maybe she even went to gauis knowing full well that he wouldn't be able to resist using it as proof of angels. so it's a slap because she just had to at least show gaius that he was an a$$ for outing her in public. But that's just my thoughts. could also mean that she was sooooo mad, she forgot how to punch him.hehe. :p

Holy Frak boys & girls!!! Tonight was the build and then next week, 2 hour series finale!!! Keep the tissue handy, I think we'll need it!!

Christ almighty! I may have been wrong when I said that Anders would "power" up the Galactica... but I'm pretty damn sure he will get the Big G straight into that pocket, with guns a'blazing!!!

I had a feeling we were going to get trolled this episode with a hour long Caprica preview... which I wouldn't have mind, but they tied in those flashbacks rather nicely. I can't believe next week is TEH END. Unless you count "The Plan" which will air in June I think.

The grand finale better not be some Evangelion-style philosophical introspection for the last hour with all the Cylons projecting themselves into happy suburban environments, and concluding, "hey! We found earth! It has been here... inside us... all this time!"

^^I'm more worried about that "singularity" and all this happening before and happening again. :unsure:

Definitely getting that feeling that we're coming towards the end, heading towards a conclusion with this episode.

The flashbacks kinda tripped me out a little. But I'm wondering: what purpose will these flashbacks serve in the finale? Were they just there to give some interesting background fodder for some of the key characters? Or will they provide insight into how everything ties together in the end?

As for tonight's ep, there were a lot of nice pull-at-the-heartstrings moments.

Here's hoping we get a satisfying (and truth about the opera house revealing) conclusion next week!