Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

The Chicago Tribune has been having some good follow-up articles with each episode's writers. Jane Espenson's speculation is that the baby died because Tigh fell back in love with Ellen:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/en...e-espenson.html

I think the One True God smote Liam because Caprica Six snapped that infant's neck in the mini-series. He's a real dick that way.

Tokyopop: Battlestar Manga

So now we get a manga based in and around the New Caprica arcs, including a Zarek story by none other than Richard Hatch. I have trepidations about this after the Star Trek manga (most stories were merely okay), but I'm intrigued by the book......

And Ronald D Moore Is My Master Now (sorry Joss)

Edited by uminoken

Any ideas on why sci-fi's site or Hulu doesn't have last week's episode up for viewing yet? I'm always forgetting to DVR the damn show...

Tokyopop: Battlestar Manga

So now we get a manga based in and around the New Caprica arcs, including a Zarek story by none other than Richard Hatch. I have trepidations about this after the Star Trek manga (most stories were merely okay), but I'm intrigued by the book......

And Ronald D Moore Is My Master Now (sorry Joss)

That's about as manga as my ball sack.

How come so many crappy looking comics nowadays are called "manga"?

Any ideas on why sci-fi's site or Hulu doesn't have last week's episode up for viewing yet? I'm always forgetting to DVR the damn show...

Sci-Fi Channel policy says that new shows can only be shown after X number ( I think 3) shows are shown after it.

I love this show, but some of the writing bothers me. One episode Bill is defending the Cylons and saying things like "they gave aid and comfort to me" and the next episode he's like "no Cylons working on the repairs". Also Baltar seems to make no progress at all. When he was on the Baseship a few episodes ago, I thought perhaps he was going to turn over a new leaf. This week it was just the same old Baltar. It's nothing major, it just feels like sometimes they stunt the characters growth for no particular reason.

When he said "they gave aid and comfort", i think he we was just being sarcastic. or he just wanted to point out that the trial was a farce, so he didn't want to play along and try to defend himself.

I also disagree with what was said earlier in the thread, Baltar truly has changed. He discovered the joy of giving to people just for the sake of giving, not to further his own aims.

I loved the scene of him giving that speech with Head Six feeding him the words. He went from Jesus to Che in one word: "Guns!"

i agree. that transition was brilliant. :)

I also loved the part where adama and tigh were drinking, and adama was saying something like: "so you five are finally together again. any grand revelations that came up?" yeah, we'd think so, huh? Adama might as well have faced the screen and winked! brilliant. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

So the Chief has replaced the guts of Galactica with Cylon snot. How does this stuff work do they have to feed it of give it power? Why were they carrying the stuff around in buckets would hoses not work better?

At the end of the episode we see Caprica Six sleping around buckets of Cylon snot after she had a c-section or some kind of invasive procedure to remove the dead body of Liam. I wonder if Caprica Six might go completely over the bend before the show ends, and do some bad things to people.

Edited by miles316

One of the best emotional episodes yet!! Wow Boomer never ceases to amaze you, stealing children now. And the chief that really sucked man, I'm suprised he just hasn't pulled the trigger yet.

Now the big part with Kara, the song she was playing with her father (I so I'm pretty sure it was) and the fact the Cylons on board freaked out that she knew it, what the hell does that make Starbuck? Is she like the supreme being????

Only 3 more Episodes left!!!

After Boomer used her FTL and put a big frakin hole in the ship, the Battlestar is if its day were numbered yet, they are now. Never knew the Landing bays could be retracted!!!

They retract before every jump, since the beginning of the show. The toys do it, too.

Seriously I've been watching the series since it started, I either never noticed or some how forgot, weird!!! Either way though our baby is dying.....

I haven't seen seasons 1 & 2 since they came out and missed the 3rd season, here and there on DVD. But so far in the 4th, 1st time I really remember seeing it.

Edited by 505thAirborne

I've got a nasty theory as to what Boomer really did with Hera:

She killed her. Remember, you never saw Hera again after she took her. Either that, or Hera isn't actually with her.

Overall though, a really, really good episode.

I've got a nasty theory as to what Boomer really did with Hera:

She killed her. Remember, you never saw Hera again after she took her. Either that, or Hera isn't actually with her.

Overall though, a really, really good episode.

Boomer gave Hera a sedative when she picked her up from daycare, then threw her in the trunk that the chief helped bring aboard the raptor.

Once again, Battlestar musically trumps every single frakking tv show out there. Having Bear's Watchtower/Final Four (since it's all his, not a bit of that theme is from Dylan) be the one to tie everything together was genius. Before it didn't feel like we were leading up to the big finish, but now we FINALLY have some momentum!

With the Galactica falling apart, I bet they're all kicking themselves for not having the foresight of making the Pegasus the primary Battlestar.

They should have let the Galactica be the kamikaze Battlestar instead.

Then again, Battlestar Pegasus just doesn't sound like a TV show you'd want to talk about watching around people who didn't know what it was :lol:

Slow paced episode ... I hope it picks up. Where's my uber a la Macross "force of arms" space battle finale???

:p

I suspect Kara is somehow the daughter of the final cyclon.

Theres going to be a battle to end all battles before this series finishes!!!

* Tyrol, Tyrol, Tyrol........He got played like a fool.

* Boomer is one frakked up little, cold-blooded BITCH of a toaster. For someone who supposedly loves the Chief, she sure didn't mind giving Helo an enthusiastic frak (all in front of Athena no less too).

* Also, was I the only one that paused and got a little thrown out of the story when Grace Park let out that "little" moan of hers during this scene?.....Almost sounded a little too geniune. :huh:

(Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :lol: )

* Wonder how much this piano arrangement of "All Along the Watchtower" matches up with that little piano bit we heard when Starbuck and Helo were chillin' in Starbuck's apartment in Caprica back in Season 2? I'm probably gonna have to check it out on YouTube or something.

* Wonder how much this piano arrangement of "All Along the Watchtower" matches up with that little piano bit we heard when Starbuck and Helo were chillin' in Starbuck's apartment in Caprica back in Season 2? I'm probably gonna have to check it out on YouTube or something.

Probably not much since RDM and co. didn't actually decide on that song until the time came. I'm sure they figured it would play in, just the question of what song to use was the question.

Slow paced episode ... I hope it picks up. Where's my uber a la Macross "force of arms" space battle finale???

:p

I suspect Kara is somehow the daughter of the final cyclon.

Aye, I had that creeping thought throughout too, that

her dad is Daniel

... somehow...

Excellent ep... Boomer's really cold hearted. So it was all Cavill's plan to get Hera?

They're two different pieces of music. The one from Starbuck's apartment was "Metamorphosis One" by Philip Glass.

Thanks Rog'! I would have been kicking myself trying to find that theme.

It's too bad they couldn't find a way to incorporate that piece into last night's episode. It's a very good piece that evokes a lot of different emotions that would have fit very well with last night's episode: haunting, searching, and foreboding.

Though, I have no idea how they would have been able to morph that piece into the big "All Along the Watchtower" reveal at the end.

Who did the chief think he was helping into the Rator, Athena or Boomer? I mean they Kissed she said she meant everything she had said about how she felt about him, if it was Athena shouldn't he have gotten a little suspicious that she had the same "HOUSE" projection as Boomer did....not to mention the sudden turn emotions from Helo to himself. Or, if he knew it was Boomer, what did he think happened to Athena....since it was her Long term flight that was scheduled. Just seemed odd to me. I understand that he helped Boomer escape from the brig, but what did he excpect to happen after that?

Chris