Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Here is my guess. no clue what will really end up happening though.

I think with the last two episodes that they are going to spin the cyclic nature of the human / cylon war. They sadi all the bodies on Earth were Cylon, and the robots were all of a type never seen before.

I think they are goin to say that the Humans and their robot army invaded the peaceful cylon plant of earth 2k years ago and that the 12 and their robot armyof Cylons are the last remnants of the race of Cylons destroyed by the human invasion.

I don't understand the significance of the 5 reborn in human society, or Starbuck, who is either a Cylon or the human incarnation of a God/Diety. But we'll see.

This is a fantastic show, I am sad it is ending but really happy that it has been such a strong who and is ending according to the vision of the creators and not due to network interference.

I'll say this... this show is getting very dark.

"Getting?" They killed a baby in the first ten minutes of the show.

I like where things are going with Baltar, because it's showing how building a religion around a living person is doomed to failure. People change their minds, and they deteriorate mentally and physically. Better to build up a myth around people and things you can't see every day, it lasts longer. ;p

I don't really think Baltar was presenting himself as a diety. Now what his followers think is a different story, but his preaching has been about the "the on true god". He's the only preacher for his church so to speak, but I think it's evolved to be more about his message as time has passed. Everyone's beliefs are falling apart at this point. Be it those who believe in the Lords of Kobol or the ones who believe in the Cylon/one god.

Also as I love Lego and BSG I approve of the link above, that is some cool stuff.

white drew I'm confused by your question. Hera (the daughter of Athena and Helo) is a hybrid. I was referring to the chief and callie's son, who turns out is not half cylon because Chief isn't the dad now.

As far as the importance of Hera, maybe they had planned on making her more important to the plot but because of the strike and having to wrap up season 4 plans changed.

Or maybe she served her purpose after proving that a Cylon and Human could breed? *SHRUG* :huh:

Any baby focus is gonna be on the Six/Tigh cylon/cylon kid now anyway.

You're right, I mixed my circuits.

can't tell what this person likes more, BSG or Legos ;)

Lego Galactica Clusterfrak So Big It Can Probably Crush a Real Cylon Baseship

I want these two here so bad it's not even funny.

anyone have instructions for a lego viper?

Edited by anime52k8

And I guess Zarek's afraid of dirty laundary

reports

:lol:

Well, laundry and politics have caused some uproar in the past. Maybe Tom hides a little blue dress in his cabin.

Now that you mention it, did Adama actually refer to the folder as Zarek's dirty laundry? Or "There's a lot of dirty laundry in there?" I don't remember. B/C if he did, that's awesome.

Those lego vipers are frakking sweet.

Edited by Kelsain

I want these two here so bad it's not even funny.

anyone have instructions for a lego viper?

You can't have them, they're mine. B))

The one on the left I designed as a "heavy viper" so it has lots of silly missiles and extra guns on it.

This is the closest thing to instructions that I can give you. I built mine off my friend andrew's exploded view. You'll need a little bit of lego experience to build one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=304038

Edit: Whoops, looks like J.T. beat me to it.

P.S. Here's a picture of my 5 vipers lined up. http://flickr.com/photos/grandadmiral/2695...57606335930037/ You can browse through my flickr account to see individual photos.

P.P.S. Here's a link to the Chieflug flickr group where you can see a whole pile of various photos of Vipers as well as the layout from Brickcon. http://flickr.com/groups/828545@N23/pool/

Edited by Grand Admiral

The one on the left I designed as a "heavy viper" so it has lots of silly missiles and extra guns on it.

This is the closest thing to instructions that I can give you. I built mine off my friend andrew's exploded view. You'll need a little bit of lego experience to build one.

P.S. Here's a picture of my 5 vipers lined up. http://flickr.com/photos/grandadmiral/2695...57606335930037/ You can browse through my flickr account to see individual photos.

P.P.S. Here's a link to the Chieflug flickr group where you can see a whole pile of various photos of Vipers as well as the layout from Brickcon. http://flickr.com/groups/828545@N23/pool/

Dude, I would kill for instructions, or some sort of "how to" on that "Steam Viper."

thanks, the hardest part though would probebly be just finding the peices, i've got litterally thousands and never seem to have enough parts to build exactly what I want (and not have it turn out all rainbow color).

maybe if I start selling off some of my old parts in bulk and buy a few star wars kits...

thanks, the hardest part though would probebly be just finding the peices, i've got litterally thousands and never seem to have enough parts to build exactly what I want (and not have it turn out all rainbow color).

maybe if I start selling off some of my old parts in bulk and buy a few star wars kits...

http://www.bricklink.com/ ^_^

Actually there aren't a ton of star wars pieces used in these Vipers. They really use a lot of basic brick with just a few special pieces here and there.

The only Star Wars specific piece in them is the canopy, which came from an X Wing set.

Edited by Grand Admiral

http://www.bricklink.com/ ^_^

Actually there aren't a ton of star wars pieces used in these Vipers. They really use a lot of basic brick with just a few special pieces here and there.

The only Star Wars specific piece in them is the canopy, which came from an X Wing set.

have the old Xwing with that canopy, I'm thinking more along the lines of where am I going to find all those blue and white parts though. but thanks for the link, that will help.

if you ever do take one apart, do take pics.

Edited by anime52k8

Talk about a break down in society and peoples distrust!!!

The question what will happen to Admiral Adama and Colonel Ty? Nothing have a hand grenade thrown at you!!

Another week to wait to see what happens!!

For most of BSG, I really had sympathy for all that Gaeta went through.

Now, I'm hoping that someone puts him down and makes him suffer while doing so.

I hate waiting an entire week!

I think you'll get your wish in the coming weeks. Frakin Traitor!!

FRAK!!! Hell hath no fury liked a pissed-off woman! :ph34r:

I stood up and cheered out loud when no fear, all balls Starbuck came back in her full glory!

You lucked out, Racetrack!

Can't wait to see what happens next week. :)

P.S.--

Can someone make sure that raping piece of sh*t that threatened Helo and Athena suffers an appropriately pointless, punk-ass death? If it wasn't for that Cylon sticking her neck out for you, you'd either be stuck on New Caprica or protecting a much smaller fleet!

PPS--I can see why some folks would sympathize with the mutineers. But after they put a cap in that yeoman(?) who was just doing his job and after they got snarky about knocking out the current deck chief, their true colors started to show.

Let's hope that reckoning comes to pass.

Edited by Mog

I really have no sympathy for the mutineers at this point. Like humanity hasn't taken enough kicks in the nuts, now we are killing and fighting amongst each other. While the population really can't afford to get any smaller, people like Felix and Zarek need to be shown the airlock. It was good to see the women pull their crap together, Laura's attitude the past few episodes have been really annoying (even if partially understandable).

I also like that Tyrol got out of his funk a little too.

I really have no sympathy for the mutineers at this point. Like humanity hasn't taken enough kicks in the nuts, now we are killing and fighting amongst each other.

It's not like they have anything left. They can't live on Earth. The rogue Cylons want to join. The leaders (Roslin and Adama) got them this far only to have it all go belly-up.

But there's a right way and a wrong way of getting your point across. The mutineers are definitely going about it the wrong way.

Don't like the old man's decisions and actions, turn in your uniform or take a stand. Tyrol went on strike for the Tillium ship. Lee turned in his wings when the Admiral questioned his honor. Heck, even the Circle of early Season 3 tried to stay grounded and even-handed when they were laying down their questionable brand of justice.

On another topic, it's kinda ironic: when I saw those teaser trailers for Season 4.5, I definitely misinterpreted

the context of Roslin's bringing-the-full-fury-of-hell-upon-you speech.......I originally thought she was going either completely nuts or utterly anti-Cylon.

But getting back to next week's ep, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebel Cylons are also slightly "peeved" about Hera and pregnant Caprica Six being held hostage. Putting babies and small children in harm's way has a way of pissing folks off.

Like I said earlier, hell hath no fury.... :ph34r:

BTW, I thought Laird was just knocked out? :unsure: Didn't seem to be bleeding or suffering from some massive blunt-force trauma.

It's not like they have anything left. They can't live on Earth. The rogue Cylons want to join. The leaders (Roslin and Adama) got them this far only to have it all go belly-up.

That's kinda the point though, this is the time when humanity is at its lowest and all we can do is fight and bitch and shoot at one another. They've found several worlds on their journey that could support a community, whose to say they can't find another? The bottom line is that if the fleet doesn't get its act together we'll either kill ourselves or be killed be something like...Cavil's forces.

True, Earth may have been a bust. But who has kept them safe (relatively at least) and alive this whole time? Well it sure as hell isn't Tom Zarek or Felix Gaeta. It seems like the civilians, and hell even most of the government, don't recognize the accomplishments of either Adama or Roslin. Their loyalties are so easily swayed by some pretty words from a guy who started out in jail and branded a terrorist. I say the fleet needs to have faith in the leaders that have kept them going thus far, at this point believing in them is about all we can do.

It irks me that humanity hasn't managed to grow up at all through this. While we don't see it, one can assume that humanity has had just as much of a brutal history as our real life one. We can so easily forgive the things we do to ourselves, murder, genocide, wars, etc. But God forbid we as a people attempt to mend things with "the machines", especially now that they might be our only chance of surviving as a species. Granted this is a little more fresh in peoples minds, but at some point you have to set aside your personal feelings, because at this rate, we'll just wipe ourselves out.

The whole toaster thing irks me too. I don't know how public the knowledge is about Earth's inhabitants, but regardless, the Cylons aren't machines. You don't cut open Athena or Tigh and find wires. They regularly pull this "were you programmed?" crap with the living breathing Cylons. I'd like to point out that things like instinct, what we find attractive in a mate, hell breathing even are all essentially programmed responses. This....well dehumanizing of people is just another thing that sort of disappoints me about humanity on the show.

Still I love it so, hopefully at the very least, humanity becomes a better species because of what has transpired. Provided we don't kill ourselves first.

That was kinda ranty, so apologies about that, just things I think about when I'm watching the show.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

BTW, I thought Laird was just knocked out? :unsure: Didn't seem to be bleeding or suffering from some massive blunt-force trauma.

The look on Gaeta's face and the reaction of Skulls and Zarek ("he won't be the last") made it clear to me that he was dead, as well as the way he was dragged off.

You can certainly kill someone by whacking them on the back of the head with a heavy wrench like that.