Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

The Final Cylon was not only not in the "Last Supper" picture (which Moore has stated more than once, now), but they were also not in the Colonial fleet (per 3's dialog) when the pilots, the President, and Baltar were being held hostage. Roslyn and Baltar are both in the picture, so that means its either one of the pilots, someone we last saw in the 12 Colonies in the mini, or someone we haven't seen yet.

Reading the reactions from some of the cast when they were told who the Final Cylon was, I am guessing its someone we would never guess. They all seemed to be expecting someone bigger, more prominent.

Anywho, just my 2 cents.

Doing a google I have seen Moore saying "Not in the picture, not at the table and not sitting at the table."

Who really know what he said at this point.....

I am still on Helo. His humble caring character is what is missing from the others......

Edited by Myriad

Doing a google I have seen Moore saying "Not in the picture, not at the table and not sitting at the table."

Who really know what he said at this point.....

I am still on Helo. His humble caring character is what is missing from the others......

Helo is in the picture.

I'm guessing we should be looking at the minor characters we've seen over the course of the series (mini included).

Helo is in the picture.

I'm guessing we should be looking at the minor characters we've seen over the course of the series (mini included).

I don't think you understood what I said.....

What Moore said seems to be worded depending on who you get the info from...

Edited by Myriad

I don't think you understood what I said.....

What Moore said seems to be worded depending on who you get the info from...

No, he is on the record, more than once, that the Final Cylon is NOT in the picture. Multiple sources here, he's been asked about it more than once. Of course, he could be lying. My money is on it being someone we haven't seen in a long while who is not amongst the Colonials at the moment.

You know what I wonder about? The people who survived the attacks on the 12 Colonies. I can't imagine that over 12 worlds there aren't some survivors, thousands of them perhaps.

My money is on it being someone we haven't seen in a long while who is not amongst the Colonials at the moment.

Who do you think would be a candidate? The only time when anyone could have been separated from the fleet was during the exodus from New Caprica, and the producers have always ensured that every major and minor character, right down to Laird (who appeared in the mid-season finale) has been accounted for somehow or killed off.

I think the arrow still points strongly to Baltar, D'anna is just being capricious about revealing it.

Who do you think would be a candidate? The only time when anyone could have been separated from the fleet was during the exodus from New Caprica, and the producers have always ensured that every major and minor character, right down to Laird (who appeared in the mid-season finale) has been accounted for somehow or killed off.

I think the arrow still points strongly to Baltar, D'anna is just being capricious about revealing it.

Baltar is in the picture... unless there is more than one Baltar.

Great mid-season finale! Definitely enjoyed the various character montages near the end; it felt like the series had earned the right to show these scenes.

And it's about time a show rewards us with the "big goal" but still give us enough episodes to deal with the aftermath and subsequent follow-up.

Lastly, let me just say that instead of "Guy Love" (

), I gotta bad case of "TIGH LOVE"!!!! :lol:

Even facing imminent death, the crusty ol' bastard got a massive set of stones!

Being an "old school" Battlestar Galactica fan, I have only seen a few epiosdes, but was anybody really "surprised" that earth looked like the end of the original Planet of the Apes? I almost expected to see the head of the Statue of Liberty laying on the beach. B))

hahah, I joked about that last year

post-515-1213589138_thumb.jpg

Baltar is in the picture... unless there is more than one Baltar.

I'm really not considering comments from the producer about a photo shoot for an entertainment magazine. If he was talking about the symbolism of Tricia Helfer's Playboy pictorial would you assign as much importance to it?

And even if the photo shoot meant something, can you come up with a list of people that 1) aren't in that picture, and 2) weren't in the colonial fleet at the time D'anna said that four of the five were in the fleet?

And even if the photo shoot meant something, can you come up with a list of people that 1) aren't in that picture, and 2) weren't in the colonial fleet at the time D'anna said that four of the five were in the fleet?

Maybe the photo shoot didn't mean anything, but he has said, more than once, that the person who is the Final Cylon is not in that picture. And no, I couldn't come up with a list without rewatching some episodes, which I'm just not going to do right now. I'm sure someone else is already working on it out there. :)

Maybe the photo shoot didn't mean anything, but he has said, more than once, that the person who is the Final Cylon is not in that picture. And no, I couldn't come up with a list without rewatching some episodes, which I'm just not going to do right now. I'm sure someone else is already working on it out there. :)

The only characters that aren't dead and that were on the base star that I can come up with are Hot Dog and Seelix, and that would be pretty unsatisfying. Having it be a dead character like Cally or Billy would be problematic in other ways, too.

Of course how do we know they even actually landed on Earth? Bear with me. They think it is Earth because of the constellations. But... We have no idea when the show takes place, it could be many, many thousands of years ago, in which case, there might have once been a fourth planet inside the habitable band of our solar system, out at the edge of the habitable band, beyond mars, a planet that is little more then floating debris now. What if, the "Earth" they have found is that planet, and somehow in the series of the finale they blow it up, along with the rest of the cylon fleet, and make their way to the real Earth. It is just a theory anyway, but from what we were shown, I saw no recognizable land masses from orbit, the city was too generic to definitively say it was any particular city, IIRC the sun looked a little on the smallish side, and finally the planet seemed like it might be bitterly cold, based on the their manner of dress and demeanor. How would that be for a curve ball? As for the ID of the final cylon, more then likely it is one of the pilots who were aboard the base ship, or possibly someone who the cylons have already killed. Remember Deanna did apologize to one, who are all the characters we know of that the Cylons personnally killed before she saw the final five?

Hmmmm.... I kinda dig the theory that the Colonials & Cylons landed on 'Krypton' (ie - the planet that is now the Asteroid Belt) or Mars... that would explain the constellations match. It would mean that the Galactica is in the 'right Church, wrong pew'... just a planet or two off from what we all know now as Earth. Of course this would fairly definitively place the series well in Earth's past (and thus make it more difficult to explain the 'All Along The Watchtower' bit) but I have to say I would be impressed as hell if the writers had the stones to incorporate such an oddball nod to the Ancient Astronaut vibe of the original series... B))

Great episode. I agree there was definitely a Planet of the Apes-like feel when they found "Earth" in ruins, but I kinda like it. I've always got the impression that the series is trying to say something about the humans and the Cylons as a people, so it only tracks that actually reaching Earth is not the end of their journey. That, and it's only halfway through the season, so you know more is coming :)

Quote: the sun looked a little on the smallish side, and finally the planet seemed like it might be bitterly cold

I guess all planets seem cold when you film in Vancouver BC. From what I've read they landed in a post Apocalyptic Earth circa 22nd Century. Of course we don't know their position on Earth and if there are ANY survivors. Hence, that would make Starbuck the Harbinger of Death for the Human Race as the Base Star Cylon Hybrid stated. She's supposed to find her wrecked Viper and body with Leoben and switch either bodies or tags. For what reason.... I dunno. I do know that she's supposed to be drawn to some piano player and seriously think she may be a Cylon.

Edited by Skullsixx

My guess is that they'll run into survivors. I don't think the whole of the earth is dead yet. They only showed you the area they were in, but not all of it. So who knows really. All I can say is that I liked it and I can't wait for more!!

Agreed, they could run into any number of apocalypse survivors on the Earth including:

- Logan5 and Jessica6

- Mad Max

- Astronaut Taylor

- John Connor

the list goes on...

Agreed, they could run into any number of apocalypse survivors on the Earth including:

- John Connor

the list goes on...

Okay, I'm running with this. Ladies and gentlemen, here it is, my epic Battlestar Galactica/Terminator Fanfic

Setting: America, in present day time. A killer is about to be executed. As he's being walked to the gas chamber, he signs a paper allowing his body to be donated to science. SCIENCE!

FLASH FORWARD TO... THE FUTURE.

Anti-Skynet forces are attacking a Terminator bunker. The Terminators bug out just as the humans are about to overrun them, and when the humans get inside, BOOM. The thing blows up. All of the humans are killed, but a lone figure crawls out of the wreckage, and it's... THE GUY WHO WE SAW IN THE INTRO, THE DUDE WHO WAS EXECUTED.

You see, apparently when he signed over his body to science, a company took his brain, put it in a Terminator-type body, then put his old skin over the Terminator body. Makes sense, right?

(Seriously, keep reading, this gets better.)

Anyway, some stuff happens. The death row guy hooks up with the reistance, and John Connor, and then in a freak accident, JOHN CONNOR DIES. Only a couple of people know this, though, so in order to keep the legend alive, they strip off Death Row Dude's skin and put John Connor's on him. Dun dun DUN!!!

Oh, yeah, and Baltar turns out to be the last of the final five. And there are cylons and a space battle, and then everybody weeps over Kat's photograph in the hallway.

The end.

Oh, I mean, uh, TO BE CONTINUED...

Final episode spoiler (confirmed):

Battlestar Galactica will be back in Kamloops (British Columbia) filming next week and both male and female extras of all ages and ethnic backgrounds are needed. All extras must have an athletic build and a clean cut look or be slim with long hair or dreadlocks.

Extras casting will take place at the Best Western tomorrow in room 137 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. If possible, bring a recent picture and resume.

For more information, call the Thompson Nicola Regional District Film Commission at 377-8673.

Of course how do we know they even actually landed on Earth?
I'd say the cross from the church is the dead givaway. And I'm thinking that the Cylon she appologized to was Tigh because he was the one they fraked up on New Caprica, though early on I thought it was Gaeta because of how he had to deal with them too. But I'm starting to consider one of the dead too who wants "redemption", yet we don't know if the Final models were ever able to transfer for sure and if so how whould one end up on Earth.

And we are in agreement the toaster-toaster is the prize to have. But I disagree with the fanfic - this is a Macross board so we're going to use a Macross angle. Adama and crew go to Alaska to get the Grand Cannon Earth built to defend against the alien threat they realized after Starbuck's funky trip, while the Cylons go find Atlantis where the first humans land and do some spiritual-stuff with the humans that care about that stuff. Of course it ends with the big battle between the badguy Cylons and everyone else while Six and Starbuck sing the "make love-not war" song.

Final Cylon could be Cally. Remember that picture that went around a long time ago that had the screne shot of the 5. They all had their hoods on, but the one they showed pretty closly did look alot like Cally...at least from the nose down. This is also assuming that whomever where in the robes are the same people that are playing the five....but that person was definately a woman and not of any ethnic heritage like Tori is. PLUS, who died since the algea planet since that is when Deanna saw them. Cally fits all of these categories. Just food for thought.

Chris

This is also using the theory that the Last Cylon is dead instead of just not in the fleet and could have been resurected back on Earth

Edited by Dobber

I'd say the cross from the church is the dead givaway.

I'll have to look again for the cross. Judging from the ruins, and what we already saw on Kobol, I thought it was the building that Apollo was looking at in their holy book at the beginning of the episode.

And I'm thinking that the Cylon she appologized to was Tigh because he was the one they fraked up on New Caprica, though early on I thought it was Gaeta because of how he had to deal with them too.

She could have also been apologizing to Anders. She did try to kill him, after all. She even made a game of it.

Final Cylon could be Cally.

If that was the case, then D'anna would have said that there were five in the fleet, because there's no way she could have known that Cally was dead.

The Final Cylon was not only not in the "Last Supper" picture (which Moore has stated more than once, now), but they were also not in the Colonial fleet (per 3's dialog) when the pilots, the President, and Baltar were being held hostage. Roslyn and Baltar are both in the picture, so that means its either one of the pilots, someone we last saw in the 12 Colonies in the mini, or someone we haven't seen yet.

Reading the reactions from some of the cast when they were told who the Final Cylon was, I am guessing its someone we would never guess. They all seemed to be expecting someone bigger, more prominent.

Anywho, just my 2 cents.

It's got to be Dualla...

1. She's been there since the beginning;

2a. She's made a habit of associating herself with people in power (Billy, Lee, Bill) She kissed Billy the same way the Six kissed the guy at the meeting in the Mini series - it always bugged me;

2b. She's made a habit of being involved with important events: getting adama to go back to Kobol; rigging the election for Roslin; being there when Athena got Hera from Natalie; even when she disappeared for a couple of episodes after divorcing Lee, she shows up in the CIC and hanging around Tigh, is she a mini-XO now?

3. Back in season 2 when the centurions boarded Galactica, they shot everyone they ran into except D, same thing happened to Anders;

4. Leoeben told Roslin that "Adama is a Cyclon", technically, D was an Adama, so he wasn't lying;

5. 1 of the known final 4 is a woman, they need to even it out a bit ;);

6. Her name - Dual-la. She's more than she seems.

7. D'anna blew her off during her report on Galactica. Maybe she's apologized at the temple when she realized that she had one of the final five right there and blew her off.

Am I stretching?

If that was the case, then D'anna would have said that there were five in the fleet, because there's no way she could have known that Cally was dead.

Didn't she say something to the effect that she could feel them or something. If so she could sence that one of them is missing.

Chris