Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

I'm still not buying what they are telling us. I keep going back to that interview, just when we'll think we have it all figured out, they are going to turn it all around on us.

Holy crap this episode got the plot moving! Oddly enough, the hybrid seemed a lot more relaxed after she stopped seeing the meaning of life and stuff.

The preview for the next episode indicates that the writers remembered who Hera is! Question is, which blonde female is Hera thinking about?

I liked the ending on this one. The whole "ZOMG SUSPENSE!" thing can take a break. And the TMNT nod was great too.

And I'm thinking the creators I'm thinking are lurking here, because after we say something here 1-2 weeks later we see it on the show. So in that spirit 'yeah know it's been a long time since there's been a spacefight, I think we need an all-out brawl lasting 15 min minimum' :D

And I'm thinking the creators I'm thinking are lurking here, because after we say something here 1-2 weeks later we see it on the show. So in that spirit 'yeah know it's been a long time since there's been a spacefight, I think we need an all-out brawl lasting 15 min minimum' :D

Threesome between Athena, Six, and Dee!!!

It's worth a try.

Roslyn in Colonial History X mode was kind of surprising. I kept trying to see if her eyelashes were painted on (because you lose them to in chemo), but my cable company blows so I couldn't get a clear enough shot.

Something I've been wondering about...

Isn't it strange that the Cylon numbering system for the Seven Known Models skips Number Seven?

Number One - Brother Cavil

Number Two - Leoben

Number Three - D'Anna

Number Four - Simon

Number Five - Doral

Number Six - Six

Number Eight - Boomer/Athena

Fracking Weird

Athena putting Starbuck in a chokehold

...awesome

Natalie kissing her sister before putting her down

...awesome

I'm really not liking Anders. He did so much waffling this episode:

- Shoots Gaeta

- Threatens to Kill a Six

- Says "What the Frack" when Natalie kills the Six for him, even though he was going to do it himself

- Gets all sympathetic when the Number 8 copy is about to die

Actually I'm not really liking Tory either. Out of the four revealed they're kind of meh to me.

Give me more Batshit crazy Chief Tyrol. He should be building a robot dog named Muffit or something, none of this jumproping stuff.

And come to think of it, when was the last time you saw Tigh get decked in the face???

That shi-iite used to happen all the time. He's about due. For no good reason, someone should just pop out from off screen and pop him one.

I've got a fever and the only cure is more Tigh facepunches.

Glad to see from the previews they are going to revisit the importance of Hera, which was my pondering from last weeks episode

Edited by chowyunskinny

Wow. Just WOW!! :blink::wacko::)

Absolutely loved the intense teaser before the beginning credits.

Gotta give credit to both the BSG production crew and the actress playing Emily: I didn't realize it was Nana Visitor (Major Kira from DS9) until about half-way through the episode. Great work and massive kudos for making me focus more on the character, rather the actor playing the character.

My personal pet theory about these prophecies about the Harbinger of Death:

For awhile now (probably since Razor), I've been speculating that all these doom and gloom prophecies are being "misinterpreted." (Think, the vision of Londo and G'Kar choking each other at the end of Babylon 5.)

Perhaps, this "end" the hybrids keep talking about is the symbolic end of the Human and Cylon races and their re-birth as a combined new race. I remember a few seasons ago, Baltar noted a certain population number figure; if the fleet went under this population number, then genetically speaking, the human race wouldn't be able to sustain itself. I'm pretty sure the 39K figure we've been seeing the past few weeks in the credits is well BELOW that figure quoted by Baltar.

Maybe the BSG folks have been watching and getting some ideas from classic Macross? Human and Zentradi co-mingling anyone?

:D

And come to think of it, when was the last time you saw Tigh get decked in the face???

That shi-iite used to happen all the time. He's about due. For no good reason, someone should just pop out from off screen and pop him one.

I've got a fever and the only cure is more Tigh facepunches.

Didn't "Pop A" Caprica Six give us an orgasmic plethora of Tigh facepunches just a few weeks ago? ;)

TMNT nod, Wes? :huh:

Edited by Mog

I liked the ending on this one. The whole "ZOMG SUSPENSE!" thing can take a break. And the TMNT nod was great too.
I totally missed that. What was it?
I'm really not liking Anders. He did so much waffling this episode:
Give the guy a break. He just found out that he's a cylon, the very thing he despises, and his deceased wife came back from the dead to torment him even more. I think his decision making abilities might be a little impaired.

Didn't "Pop A" Caprica Six give us an orgasmic plethora of Tigh facepunches just a few weeks ago? ;)

Oh Yeah!

That's right!

K, well he's due for one from one of his own crew. Or maybe from one of Baltar's Acolytes for good measure :lol:

I totally missed that. What was it?Give the guy a break. He just found out that he's a cylon, the very thing he despises, and his deceased wife came back from the dead to torment him even more. I think his decision making abilities might be a little impaired.

He didn't just find out. That was like 6 episodes ago. And starbuck came back 5 episodes ago. No break Pyramid boy, 10 more laps! :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

The last couple episodes were kind of moving at a timid pace for me but last night's show brought back the tension again.

It's nice to finally have some movement in this season. Pity we're already on the halfway point this season.

This episode was a much needed change of pace. The last few episodes felt like an overrepeating theme and like they had forgotten about previous characters and key story aspects. This episode integrated that into the whole, and it sounds like the next episode will put it even more back on track.

Starbuck's still all fracked up. She caused that whole situation by being so impulsive and selfish. She did a poor job of talking Anders down because she couldn't see *anything* outside her immediate needs. Good thing Natalie took the initiative. It'll be her fault if Gaeta loses his leg. Poor Gaeta. He never gets any respect.

Athena and the Eights was a great moment, and neat insight into cylon culture/growth. Actually all the cylon stuff was really good. We see it so rarely, but when we do, it's cool. Not surprisingly, an armed and armored metal toaster with the higher brain function to ignore "no" isn't necessarily a good thing. Cavil's assault doesn't seem as unreasonable now.

I'm heavily leaning towards Mog's theory.

Moore was emulating Baxter Stockman from the original cartoon TV series during the ending.

Ah, I see. That was actually a reference to the classic horror movie The Fly. "Help meee!!!"

TMNT may have referenced The Fly with the Baxter Stockman, I really don't know.

Ah, I see. That was actually a reference to the classic horror movie The Fly. "Help meee!!!"

TMNT may have referenced The Fly with the Baxter Stockman, I really don't know.

Well I'm saying TMNT because it was my favorite show and I enjoy it. ^_^

Seven and twelve are considered sacred numbers in JudeoChristian faith, which is what the Cylons are emulating. That's why people are saying the last veiled Cylon holds that spot.

Just got through watching the latest episode

man, those Number Eights sure like using their sidearms

Although it was Athena, if felt like Deja Vu from when Boomer shot Adama in the Season 1 Finale.

And then in the preview for the next episode where the marines are carting off Athena it looked just like after Cally shot Boomer.

All this has happened before and will happen again-ish

So, the dream of Six taking her baby triggered Athena to fire on Natalie.

Makes me wonder if Boomer was having some kind of dream where Adama was taking something from her, causing the trigger.

Thanks for playing, Natalie. You had a sophisticated sexiness that will be sadly missed. (But making the Centurions "smart" is probably gonna come back to bite your buddies in the ass.)

Kinda expected what happened to Felix, but yeah, the sucker's just went off the deep end now.

Anyone else catch the empty Viper at the end of the sneak preview? Wonder if I'm reading too much into it? :unsure:

Two FRAKIN' weeks. <_< Get me some ambrosia or knuckle-dragger hooch.

Nice episode again. I'm glad they let Athena

gun someone else down, I like it when BSG kills off characters that wouldn't be knocked off on network t.v. because they're interesting

Why is there a two-week break for the next episode, does Sci-Fi have a special on next week?

Well Gaeta-suuporters just got a helluva lot of ammunition with this ep, what with the serious emphasis on music this season.... If Bear McCreary doesn't get an Emmy nomination for his work on BSG, there is no justice in this 'verse!

Also: Lost isn't on for 2 weeks as well, is tv taking time off or something?

Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Folks travel, ratings go down, so why broadcast new material when you can make more money by holding your episodes a week. The same thing usually happens during other holiday weekends.

It's entirely possible that Natalie will come back, if the Resurrection ship is close enough to Galactica. Of course, it will be with Cavil's fleet.

Little Hera reminds me of this kid a little bit:

While I liked the episode and the bit at the end was priceless, I am getting kind of tired of people shooting people whenever they feel they need to be heard, especially on a military vessel.

"I am sick and think you're cylon" BLAMO - Sure she didn't hit her but she makes it seem like she wanted to when talking to Adama later.

"Don't do that!" BLAMO Gaeta gets capped in the leg. Ouch.

"You won't take my baby!" BLAMO Completely unnecessary imo and she should be put in the brig indefinitely. They(Athena/Boomer and her models) are too flaky to be trusted doing anything at all.

Anyone else think Gaeta's the 5th? Seemed kind of eery with all the singing and important camera focus on him.

Edited by Chewie

Once again, I have NO CLUE where they are going with this. If they somehow end up where they thought it was going by the end of the series, I'll be amazed. And is anyone else getting the feeling they're just gonna kill everyone by the end of the series? I mean, I don't have much hope left for any of these people. They are going out of their way to screw it all up.

I dunno about Gaeta, seems too... I dunno. Obvious isn't the word for it. Just doesn't feel right.

Was that a shot of Natalie or Caprica in a hospital bed in the previews?

Previews again, has Tigh knocked up Caprica?

BTW, I'm officially designating the 8's "Judas".

Also in the previews, I thought I saw Lee being sworn in and another appearance of Lampkin

I missed the Lee thing. But I could have also sworn I saw Natalie in a hospital bed, as well as some shaded (as in sunglasses) Romo. God I hope so as I liked his character.

Deffinately a good episode.

Some spoilers going up to the end of the first half of this season:

Episode 4.8 "Sine Qua Non" (May 30)

As you might imagine in an episode with the title of a Latin legal phrase, Romo Lampkin makes his big return in this episode. The phrase literally means "without which it could not be," and typically refers to an essential component or condition. In this case, it most likely refers to the power vacuum caused when...hold onto your hats...the Cylon Hybrid abducts Laura Roslin.

Episode 4.9 "The Hub" (June 5)

The human Viper pilots and Cylon rebels join forces to plan an attack on the resurrectio9n hub. As a fan of this show, I must now say that this season sounds absolutely insanely brilliant with all these unusual twists. Also in the episode, Kate Vernon returns as Ellen Tigh, likely in fantasy sequences (it would seem Ellen is Tigh's version of Baltar's Head Six). Also, finally, D'Anna gets unboxed, and Lucy Lawless returns to Battlestar Galactica.

Episode 4.10 "Revelations" (June 13)

In the final episode of the first half of season 4, Laura Roslin, held captive by the Cylons, will begin to understand here destiny, which appears to be connected to Hera's. D'Anna will be interact with the president, which could mean good news for fans, as D'Anna is the only person who actually knows who the final Cylon is. Since this is the final episode before the last run, expect some big "revelations," as the title suggest, possibly, but not necessarily including: revealing the final Cylon, finding Earth and Roslin's death.

Wow, there is some great, and credible spoiler info out there. I have a super duper one here (and I've seen the set pictures), read at your own risk:

They find Earth in episode 10, two-parter that carriers over to 11 (this is what is assumed). Its what would be our 22nd century, and Earth is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It sounds like from then on out its like the post Space War I SDF Macross. Finding Earth, clearly, is not the end of the story. And it seems like things will only get darker.

"a devastating discovery plunges the fleet into chaos and despair."

"Kara will find her own body in a crashed ship. She'll then plant some fake dogtags and burn it all. Leoben is also supposedly with her when she "finds herself." Tigh also supposedly is "in the water screaming for Ellen" and Tyrol flashes back to a past life."

I'm getting the feeling, from what I've read, that Kara was the "harbinger of death" for the humans on Earth, not for the fleet.

Edited by Duke Togo

Wow, there is some great, and credible spoiler info out there. I have a super duper one here (and I've seen the set pictures), read at your own risk:

They find Earth in episode 10, two-parter that carriers over to 11 (this is what is assumed). Its what would be our 22nd century, and Earth is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It sounds like from then on out its like the post Space War I SDF Macross. Finding Earth, clearly, is not the end of the story. And it seems like things will only get darker.

"a devastating discovery plunges the fleet into chaos and despair."

"Kara will find her own body in a crashed ship. She'll then plant some fake dogtags and burn it all. Leoben is also supposedly with her when she "finds herself." Tigh also supposedly is "in the water screaming for Ellen" and Tyrol flashes back to a past life."

I'm getting the feeling, from what I've read, that Kara was the "harbinger of death" for the humans on Earth, not for the fleet.

If all of that really happens, and I hope it does. Then I just hope that Moore has an explanation as to why. I don't want the series to end with un-answered questions.

Also, If Kara was/is the Harbinger of Death for Earth. Then that raises the question of what killed the people on Earth.

Good episode, lots of tension.

Anyone else notice that the only person not concerned about Gaeta is the one who recklessly caused the situation that got him shot? I'm really disliking Starbuck. Even Baltar showed concern for Gaeta. I'm a little dissappointed there wasn't any accountability for the breakdown of discipline on the Demetrius. I know, I know, they have much more to deal with having a rebel cylon baseship in the fleet, but Starbuck really needs some comeuppance.

Haven't seen next week's preview yet, but it's pretty clear in the end of this episode that Natalie's not dead. She doesn't do that cliche "open eyed stare final exhale".

If thats all true Duke, then holy frakkin frakkity frak!!! I love this series. And I think NBC-Universal are a bunch of frakin headcases for wanting to cancel the show.

But in case you missed it over at AICN Looks like there might be a few TV movies planned.

Bring it, I say.