Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Me too. I never minded her too much till S3 especially the Dirty Hands episode about the Union. Suddenly she was a Baltar supporter thinking bad things about Adama and the alot of the officers..."He caved in?....I knew it." :rolleyes: GOD she annoiyed me in that episode.

Chris

(Based ONLY on what I've seen in the preview, so I don't even know if it could be counted as spoiler)

OMG! THEY KILLED CALLY!!! :ph34r:

finally. I've hated her since season 1.

And another plus, comcast finally added sci-fi HD to my area so this week I get to enjoy BSG in semi glorious 1080i

I agree, if there's anything, it's too obvious that cally's getting airlocked that most likely she won't! (er, if that makes any sense)

Remember the full dress scene in the previous ep? There was ample speculation that Starbuck shot Roslyn and that was her funeral ceremony...

But I'm pretty sure we're gonna see a few characters dying. Roslyn's almost a given. At this point in time, I'm really curious to see if she's the dying leader. Would be a major mindfrack for her if she really doesn't turn out to be the one!

They brought back Starbuck, I wouldn't be suprised if the preview is missleading in this case.

Yeah, except they've been pretty open about offing off a bunch of people this last season, and how disturbing things are going to get. But we'll know for certain fairly shortly.

Just saw the episode at Scifi.com, it will be broadcasting hourly 'till 4pm EST if you haven't seen it yet.

Three things, vague enough not to spoiler anyone.

Zarek's back, and he's still the master pimp. Hope to see a lot more of him this season

Cally's psycho. Ok, I know we knew that already, but she's clinically psycho. Like, for real. Cottle said so (by the way, he's back too, and he's still a badass).

Boomer is in DEEP poo.

As Jacob at Television Without Pity would say, "Welcome the frak back to Battlestar Galactica."

Can't wait to start watching Season 4, I'm only 4 episodes away from finishing Season 3.....massive sit down for the last 3 weeks on BSG from Series Mini to now.......gaaarrrrr I can't wait for the end!

Well another great one, as expected.

Cally died, oh did she die and Tory made sure it happened. Cally was going to airlock herself with Nick, but Tory saved the child and axed the mom. Also, for those who saw it, did anyone notice that Cally went flying when Tory hit her? Now it could have been just for dramatic purposes, or Tory (and likely the others) aren't as human as they seem.

The whole Cavil/Boomer thing is very strange indeed. One thing is for sure, Cavil is playing for keeps. That's all I'll say for now.

Great episode, I am really of the opinion that they are going to turn Lee into a JFK type persona. Although the infighting with the cylons is interesting. I also hope that pretty soon we should see some fighting between the Galactica GoBots. Especially after tonights episode.

Also I am really hoping that they break the bank in producing some seriously stunning CG battle sequences.

Cottle said so (by the way, he's back too, and he's still a badass).

Of course they kept Cottle what are they going to do, grow another doctor?! He's like their only doctor for 40000 people you'd think they'd have a few more decent ones by now.

kinda ambivalent for me as well... I didn't feel that the four plot lines (kara, lee, the cylons, the final 5) meshed very well. But it was interesting to see that the at least one of the final 5 had an awakening of sorts.

kinda ambivalent for me as well... I didn't feel that the four plot lines (kara, lee, the cylons, the final 5) meshed very well. But it was interesting to see that the at least one of the final 5 had an awakening of sorts.

I don't know. Chief really came to love Callie, and if he finds out that Torie (worthless character that she is) was responsible for Callie's death, I see some major fragmentation of the final five.

I don't know. Chief really came to love Callie, and if he finds out that Torie (worthless character that she is) was responsible for Callie's death, I see some major fragmentation of the final five.

Well, that's kinda why I'm ambivalent about it. I've hated callie for so long but in her final moments I felt like there was hope for her when Torrie talked her down from hysterical ledge. And then SWOOSH! Made me feel kinda sad for her... I don't like feeling sad for callie.

Well, Tory seems to have taken to her new life fairly well since her breakdown with Baltar, she seemed like a different person this ep than we've ever seen her.....

Nice nod to Moore's involvement on STNG - Weapons locker 1701D indeed ^_^

For some reason, when Boomer kissed Cavil, I could not stop thinking of that scene in Big Daddy where Adam Sandler meets his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend who happens to be super old

"He has a four year plan"

"Oh yeah, is the plan to not die? Have fun playing with his old balls"

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Heh, I thought for a moment that maybe it was just a dream or paranoia sequence, but then they zoom in on her rotating frozen corpse in space as if to say "Oh yeah, she's definitely dead. As in dead dead. Completely dead. Not mostly dead, all dead."

Torry did seem kind of superhuman with the swat she gave Cally. That might put a small dent in my theory that the five are ghosts in the machine that can jump in and out of any shell. I'm still wondering how they're going to explain the chief's son if that's not the case.

I actually enjoyed all the various plotlines. If the entire episode had been all about the Forbidden Four and Cally's discovery, it probably would've dragged a bit.

Besides, we gotta remember: this is the last season. They gotta keep the major stories and plotlines moving and progressing. And in that regard, I think they did a good job.

My comments:

• First the President and now Tory.....must be something onboard Colonial One that makes everyone b!tchy. :lol:

• Is it just me, or did the actress that plays Cally portray the whole "psycho chick" bit a little too well? :blink:

• Definitely dug the Zarek, Apollo, and Quorum of Twelve stuff. Apollo may be a newbie at all this political stuff, but at least he's showing some spine.

• I just hope Zarek ISN'T the final Cylon. I love how the character just keeps treading that grey area: never being shown as a "good guy" or a "bad guy." For me, making Zarek a Cylon would kinda undermine all that cool greyness he has.

• And lastly, forget feeling sorry for Cally, you gotta feel for ol' Felix Gaeta. Imagine him getting called in to work this mission:

ADMIRAL: Mr. Gaeta, I've got an assignment for you.

GAETA: Great. What is it?

ADMIRAL: I want you to help us find the way to Earth.

GAETA: Very well, where.......

ADMIRAL: I'm reassigning you to this hot, stinky, sewage treatment ship.

GAETA: Okay?

ADMIRAL: And Kara Thrace is in charge of the mission......

GAETA: AH FRAK!!

Edited by Mog

Tory... what a bitch!!! Goodbye Cally. Anyone notice that they actually made her look waaaay better in her last episode? Check out her pic on IMDB. She looks great. Cool episode. Obviously building to something.

Edited by Skullsixx

I really don't think this is the case, but we're still short a 5th "Final Five" model. Would it be interesting if Callie shows back up, but maybe having taken some other form?

No, she's really dead. :)

By far my favorite part of the episode was the coup in the Cylon leadership. Wow, that was awesome. It wasn't totally surprising since we've had tension built up for several seasons now and you knew that eventually someone would have to step over the line. They couldn't remain harmonious forever. It almost felt like a Godfather scene, with all the mob's enemies getting whacked at once :)

But it was interesting to see that the at least one of the final 5 had an awakening of sorts.

You're forgetting Anders. Seems to be more of a reflex than controlled anything. But you bring about an interesting point. First him now Tory. btw those that remember did she really do anything important before this? She's just been a background character since now right?

Chowy - it's 5 year plan. Big difference. I don't think Boomer's attempt to gain power is going to be amusing though.

Mog - Everybody knows Gaeta gets the shaft. Always.