1/48 Super Backpack Problem

MacrossMan

Okay, I tried displaying my Miriya last night with the boosters attached to the backpack, but they would not stay in place. Am I doing something wrong? The little tab holds the backpack in place to the latch where the head comes through, but that piece just flops down when I push it back into place. Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated.

Edited by MacrossMan

Okay, I tried displaying my Miriya last night with the boosters attached to the backpack, but they would not stay in place. Am I doing something wrong? The little tab holds the backpack in place to the latch where the head comes through, but that piece just flops down when I push it back into place. Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated.

Push the trapeziod (where the locking tab is connected) further forward. The piece should lock in to place and then you can attach the locking tab to the backpack without any issues.

Push the trapeziod (where the locking tab is connected) further forward. The piece should lock in to place and then you can attach the locking tab to the backpack without any issues.

I think I tried that, but it would not stay in place. I will try it again when I get home. Thanks for the info!

Thanks nightmare! I didn't know what that piece was for and left it out. Put it place and now it works like a charm!

Thanks nightmare! I didn't know what that piece was for and left it out. Put it place and now it works like a charm!

isn't there a piece you stick in there too that provides extra support?

I've never heard of that. If there is...which by looking at it would seem that there is...it would be VERY helpful I am sure.

:ph34r:

This is the only other piece I know of, it came with the super and strike parts.

post-1584-1208486129_thumb.jpg

Attached to valkyrie:

post-1584-1208486387_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Drew, that's the one. It actually helps the backpack stay put with all that extra weight from the boosters. I think they're essential, aesthetic-wise. Even if I display a 1/48 in Battroid without armor, I use one of those. Same for the side covers. Like some of us have been clamoring, these pieces should have been included with ALL the 1/48's. I just don't like seeing all those gaps in such a well-designed toy. One of the cool things I like in the anime that I never noticed when I was a kid is that the valkyries have all these extra functional parts like hatches that seal exposed areas and intake covers that swivel up/down when necessary. And then there's the whole business with the feet thrusters. There seems to be 2 variations. So, which is the correct one, or was the shape of the thrusters able to change somehow?

I know Kawamori designed these things to do lots of cool things in the anime, and I applaud Yamato for incorporating some of those things. I hope that someday we will get some kind of ultimate VF-1 toy in a large enough scale that incorporates things like: a more detailed radome with a nose that swings open, side covers and intake covers that are actually incorporated into the transformation, an air brake that opens and closes with an arm, a backpack that folds up and down with an arm, a cockpit seat that slides out from under the head, various hatches that open to reveal the innards and armaments of the VF-1, and so on. Maybe, someday, Yamato will do something with the VF-1 along the lines that Bandai has done with that super-detailed and massive Space Cruiser Yamato model kit, but with a toy.