Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

It could be that the president is chosen from the heads of the various fleets and/or colonies (including Earth in the latter, though it's technically not a colony).

We need to know more about the workings of the NUN, and what exactly prompted the switch from the UN.

Maybe it works like the Presidency of the Council of the European Union as opposed to the United States President or the Secretary-General of the United Nations?

Edited by Heron

anbody know if any of the raws have the eyecatch yet?

I'm not sure if I trust the Compendium 100% anymore, now that it's gone Wiki.

Which eyecatch are you looking for?

There's always the old site. :)

GRaham

Yup, Howard's bio an accurate description, as it's a direct translation from his profile from Macross F's official website.

Proof: 新統合政府大統領, first line of Howard Glass' profile in Macross F website.

Translation: The head leader of the New United Nation Government.

Hope that clarify things and gives our beloved Macross Compendium some credits. :)

Yup, Howard's bio an accurate description, as it's a direct translation from his profile from Macross F's official website.

Proof: 新統合政府大統領, first line of Howard Glass' profile in Macross F website.

Translation: The head leader of the New United Nation Government.

Hope that clarify things and gives our beloved Macross Compendium some credits. :)

It better be correct. I spent about a half hour reading 7 or 8 different machine translators as well as having Egan look over it. <_<

Mmm...

Old United Nations = Earth as seat of government + Colonies

New United Nations = All known human/zentraedi/zolan/etc. planets and colonization fleets are independent but joined under a federation, European Union style?

Well, that certainly would have been enough of a political change to warrant a name change.

I think fans are really working themselves up into a false state of alarm about the Macross Compendium going wiki. The site has multiple admins watching it, all changes can be undone by them and the whole place can be locked if vandalism ever becomes a problem. And let's keep in mind the Macross Compendium is not the wiki itself and is still a specialty site on it's own server. It has everything to gain and almost nothing to lose by switching to the wiki format and certainly isn't going to be affected by the same problems found in the larger wiki site. Most fandoms now use wiki format fansites, including Battlestar Galactica and others. They are fantastic resources for information and I've never had a problem with any of them.

If anything, the Macross Compendium is under-utilized and tragically unrecognized. I'm constantly citing and linking to the Macross Compendium all over the net but it appears almost no one outside the Macross World community is even aware of the site. I'm hopeful the move to the wiki format makes the Macross Compendium more attractive and gains more fans.

I think fans are really working themselves up into a false state of alarm about the Macross Compendium going wiki. The site has multiple admins watching it, all changes can be undone by them and the whole place can be locked if vandalism ever becomes a problem. And let's keep in mind the Macross Compendium is not the wiki itself and is still a specialty site on it's own server. It has everything to gain and almost nothing to lose by switching to the wiki format and certainly isn't going to be affected by the same problems found in the larger wiki site. Most fandoms now use wiki format fansites, including Battlestar Galactica and others. They are fantastic resources for information and I've never had a problem with any of them.

If anything, the Macross Compendium is under-utilized and tragically unrecognized. I'm constantly citing and linking to the Macross Compendium all over the net but it appears almost no one outside the Macross World community is even aware of the site. I'm hopeful the move to the wiki format makes the Macross Compendium more attractive and gains more fans.

I agree. I've been working on the Macross Compendium occasionally, and I can assure everyone that all I've been doing is bringing over information from the old site (I did all the audio releases except the Mac Zero soundtracks, for example...and that was only because someone else beat me to them). I did add some information (like track listings) to many of them, but ONLY if I actually owned the CD. I also wrote some of the series summaries...very basic info that I know to be correct, because I've watched the shows.

So I don't know about anyone else, but I am very careful about what I put in the wiki. Needless to say, I'm not touching the Frontier articles...too many unknowns, too much speculation, and any info I'd feel comfortable adding is already there, thanks to the extremely capable work of Egan Loo and Azrael, and others.

Personally, I'd like to add more illustrations (like album covers) to the entries, but I haven't asked about that yet.

I agree. I've been working on the Macross Compendium occasionally, and I can assure everyone that all I've been doing is bringing over information from the old site (I did all the audio releases except the Mac Zero soundtracks, for example...and that was only because someone else beat me to them). I did add some information (like track listings) to many of them, but ONLY if I actually owned the CD. I also wrote some of the series summaries...very basic info that I know to be correct, because I've watched the shows.

So I don't know about anyone else, but I am very careful about what I put in the wiki. Needless to say, I'm not touching the Frontier articles...too many unknowns, too much speculation, and any info I'd feel comfortable adding is already there, thanks to the extremely capable work of Egan Loo and Azrael, and others.

For the most part, I'm leaving the nitty gritty stuff of Frontier to Egan. I'll translate the official site descriptions but that's as far as I'll go. I'm only adding material that I have actual printed material for or physically own (like CDs). I'm not pulling anything from animation. If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage.

Ratings for last week (Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)) :

*3.5% (*2.6%) 05/11 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*3.4% (*3.9%) 05/10 (Sat) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Shugo Chara!

*3.1% (--.-%) 05/07 (Wed) *7:26pm-*7:55pm TV Tokyo BLEACH

*3.1% (*2.5%) 05/11 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*2.7% (*3.0%) 05/09 (Fri) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Kirarin Revolution

*2.7% (*2.6%) 05/09 (Fri) *1:25am-*1:55am TBS xxxHOLiC Kei

*2.7% (*2.4%) 05/10 (Sat) *1:23am-*1:53am TV Tokyo Golgo 13

*2.6% (*3.0%) 05/07 (Wed) 12:59am-*1:29am NTV RD Sennou Chousashitsu [aka Real Drive]

*2.6% (*2.0%) 05/09 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*2.5% (*2.6%) 05/05 (Mon) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo SOUL EATER

*2.4% (*1.8%) 05/11 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*2.2% (*2.3%) 05/07 (Wed) *1:29am-*1:59am NTV Himitsu -Top Secret-

*2.0% (*2.5%) 05/11 (Sun) *6:30am-*7:00am TV Asahi Hatara Kids My Ham Gumi

*2.0% (*1.9%) 05/10 (Sat) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS Macross FRONTIER

*1.9% (*3.1%) 05/11 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Net Ghost PIPOPA

1.9% (*2.9%) 05/09 (Fri) *4:30pm-*5:00pm NTV Soreike! Anpanman

*1.8% (*2.0%) 05/08 (Thu) *5:30pm-*6:00pm TV Tokyo Tennis no Oujisama [The Prince of Tennis] (Rerun)

*1.7% (*1.4%) 05/05 (Mon) *4:30pm-*5:00pm TV Tokyo BLEACH Best Selection

*1.6% (*1.3%) 05/10 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Itazura Kiss

*1.0% (*1.8%) 05/12 (Mon) *1:30am-*2:00am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou

*1.0% (*0.8%) 05/09 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo SOUL EATER Late Show

Code Geass R2 actually did better....Guess people don't like slow eps...At least it did better than the rerun of Prince of Tennis.

Well, considering this was the episode, with the sub-standard character art from the Philippine and/or Chinese studio, I'm actually surprised that Frontier still did so well. Speaks well for the strength of the story, dialog and character interaction, not to mention the marvelous CG.

Graham

Indeed... I have made some info contributions there and is constantly revised by the ppl in charge of such things. You just can't post whatever u want unless it had some sort of official back up and even that is checked a lot.

I'm amazed how many ppl didn't know about Howard Glass position as head of the N.U.N. It's been there all time, hehehe. Now the size and extent of the Frontier Fleet makes more sense to me...

I regularly check the site for information, u should too, hehe...

Macross Compendium

Well, considering this was the episode, with the sub-standard character art from the Philippine and/or Chinese studio, I'm actually surprised that Frontier still did so well. Speaks well for the strength of the story, dialog and character interaction, not to mention the marvelous CG.

Graham

I completely agree. Most people I've shown the series (even non-Macross fans of anime) tell me it rocks. And none of them have even seen episode 7!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Mmm...

Old United Nations = Earth as seat of government + Colonies

New United Nations = All known human/zentraedi/zolan/etc. planets and colonization fleets are independent but joined under a federation, European Union style?

Well, that certainly would have been enough of a political change to warrant a name change.

Yeah, but didn't the annoying narrator of Macross 7 in every one of the first few episodes explain that the "New United Government" was formed in 2010 after the defeat of the Bodolza fleet? When they integrated the Zentradi into Earth's culture.

I always found it weird that for a while it was supposedly canon that during SDF Mac = UN Government; then after ep 27 = NEW UN ..... and then they forgot about it. And now in Frontier suddenly it's "New" again?? What's new (pussycat, whoo-oohhoo-hhoh)??

Edited by Renato

Not as much of a fan of the Alto and Mikhail don't seem a spot on as the Sheryl cosplayer.

Yep, the Sheryl one really got it, whoever she is, she even dyed her eyebrows to get the right look B)) I don't like the last photo though, perhaps it's not her best angle. And the top is too big :D

Yeah, but didn't the annoying narrator of Macross 7 in every one of the first few episodes explain that the "New United Government" was formed in 2010 after the defeat of the Bodolza fleet? When they integrated the Zentradi into Earth's culture.

I always found it weird that for a while it was supposedly canon that during SDF Mac = UN Government; then after ep 27 = NEW UN ..... and then they forgot about it. And now in Frontier suddenly it's "New" again?? What's new (pussycat, whoo-oohhoo-hhoh)??

Well, see, there is a difference between "new UN" and "New UN".

Can somebody tell me where is this from? Found a link in 4Chan to a download site. The file is called animation_note_apr_2008 (is like 20 megs or so). It contains several designs from macross Frontier. This image seems to be about some Junya Ishikagi design notes... There are more from the VF-25, the large Vajra and some other mechanical stuff. Is this from some magazine or is this actually from the Macross Chronicle? :huh:

post-7862-1211170798_thumb.jpg

Well, see, there is a difference between "new UN" and "New UN".

Yeah, and the difference is even less subtle in Japanese. The first batch of M7 episodes clearly say that "the New United Government was established in April 2010". Because in Japanese, 「新統合政府」 (New United Government with capital N) is not the same as saying 「新たな統合政府」 or even 「新しい統合政府」 (new United Government with a small n). Much less ambiguity.

It's the difference between saying "A new United Government was formed" and "The New United Government was formed", and in the Japanese it's pretty clear that she's saying the latter.

So my question is... what happened with that? We basically have already had the "NUNS" since 2010.

Can somebody tell me where is this from? Found a link in 4Chan to a download site. The file is called animation_note_apr_2008 (is like 20 megs or so). It contains several designs from macross Frontier. This image seems to be about some Junya Ishikagi design notes... There are more from the VF-25, the large Vajra and some other mechanical stuff. Is this from some magazine or is this actually from the Macross Chronicle? :huh:

The top right hand Vajra definately is intimidating. Actually more so then the design they picked.

Dammit!! I knew I shouldn't have bothered. Anyway, for what it's worth, here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26156

Read this thread.

Graham

Yeah, and the difference is even less subtle in Japanese. The first batch of M7 episodes clearly say that "the New United Government was established in April 2010". Because in Japanese, 「新統合政府」 (New United Government with capital N) is not the same as saying 「新たな統合政府」 or even 「新しい統合政府」 (new United Government with a small n). Much less ambiguity.

It's the difference between saying "A new United Government was formed" and "The New United Government was formed", and in the Japanese it's pretty clear that she's saying the latter.

So my question is... what happened with that? We basically have already had the "NUNS" since 2010.

Damn. So I was right the first time...?

I believe most ppl are confusing NUNS with the New United Nations and the New United Goverment.

NUN is the New United Nations... which I believe is the same organization that has been ruling the Earth/Zentradi since 2010.

NUNS is The New UN Spacy...the new updated space armed forces branch of the NUN... (established recently).

Now... NUG is the New United Goverment, which means a new type of goverment system... (which could explain why President Glass is the President of NUN and also the administrator of Frontier... not like years before, when the President was only located on Earth). This new goverment system must be also recent...