Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

What do we want? Civil War! When do we want it? 2059!

Sorry to disappoint, we already had one in 2050.

I'm increasingly convinced there will be a link with VFX-2

Though I'm a bit dismayed they are offing Klan Klein so quickly.

Edited by Noyhauser

Indeed... :lol:

Shooting her down doesn't mean that she is going to die...

Btw...

Maybe the new faction is going to be called ANTI-N.U.N.S.... & Brera is going to be their leader... Maybe they caused the attack by the Vajra somehow... (ANIMA SPIRITIA!!!!!).

I'm looking forward to Episode 10... Perhaps finally we will know if Sheryl is Mao Nome's descendant... (another theory I have is that she may end up being Brera's lost sister... Perhaps she adopted the Nome family name because she liked the legend of Zero/Shin Kudo, hehe...).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Standard procedure. For Gundam, we normally had previews for the next 3-4 episodes/magazine/month. In the July editions of the magazines, we'll probably have synopsis for the next 3-4 episodes. It's normal. It basically covers the month's episodes.

Thanks mate ^_^ .

I wonder if this kind of thing affects the ratings somehow, well, if it's standard procedure then probably not.

I'm increasingly convinced there will be a link with VFX-2

Bah, that wasn't much of a civil war.

And who said they were offing her, it says "shot down", not killed.

Wow. Shin Kudo's probably such a minor thing in the Macross World, at least it would've seemed. With them making his 'legend' into a movie, I wonder what it'll entail. A retelling of the Bird-Human battle?

Also, they could just be using VF-27 as the designation for the episode spoilers; it could not be called that at all by characters in the series. But we won't know til it happens.

I'm still trying to puzzle out some things involving Brera Sterne. I am interested in seeing where things go with him. Perhaps Vajra infiltrator, or if there is a civil war in the NUNS currently, infiltrator from a potential third faction? Though it really doesn't explain why a VF is inside of a Vajra ship, fighing as if it WERE a Vajra. Perhaps some descent from the VF-0 or something, since Shin's VF-0 went with him wherever he went, developed by the things controling the Vajra?

Bring it on, I'm ready for a colony ship drop anytime :ph34r:

I'm also ready for a Macrossjack. :wacko:

[throws brick at Morpheus] [/brick fails to hit target] damn, should've used the high-maneuverability bricks...just jk :lol:

I really trying hard not to read all the new spoilers, don't want to ruin the experience for myself. Anyone wonder why they might have released such spoiler up to Ep.10 ?

Its no use Morpheus is just gonna use his BCS/BDS systems to evade those high-maneuverability bricks. :lol:

Anyways....does anybody knows when Ranka Lee's (Megumi Nakajima's) version of "What 'bout my Star" is gonna be released? :mellow:

Anyways....does anybody knows when Ranka Lee's (Megumi Nakajima's) version of "What 'bout my Star" is gonna be released? :mellow:

It's on the Macross F OST 1, due out June 4th in Japan. It's specifically track 8:

8. What ’bout my star? @Formo

Edited by Elektrix

It's on the Macross F OST 1, due out June 4th in Japan. It's specifically track 8:

8. What ’bout my star? @Formo

Oh i see. :mellow:

Thanks. ;-) BTW, what about the VF-25's name? Is it really Messiah? :blink:

Oh i see. :mellow:

Thanks. ;-) BTW, what about the VF-25's name? Is it really Messiah? :blink:

Probably the Hory Froating head had already baptism it with several NUNS as a witness :lol:

Now when they will held a contest for VF-27 naming, I choose VF-27 SATAN :blink:

Probably the Hory Froating head had already baptism it with several NUNS as a witness :lol:

Now when they will held a contest for VF-27 naming, I choose VF-27 SATAN :blink:

I think the name will end up being VF-27 SLAYER...

"REMEMBER

Oosora mau shirogareno tsubasa

Shao Pai Long*, Shao Pai Long

REMEMBER

Moeru hitomi yamiwo saku

Shao Pai Long, Shao Pai Long

Yameru miyaku motomete kita otoko

EVIL SLAYERS

SLAYERS, SLAYERS

Shao pai long IS A VERY MESSIAH

kibouno hikariyo MESSIAH

Shao Pai Long..."

* The correct Chinese pronounciation is "Xiao Bai Long", Little White Dragon...

BRING BACK THE OCTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's with me?

Actually, the red Large Vajra unit looks a lot like the Octos (guess it was designed also by Junya Ishikagi...).

Wow. Shin Kudo's probably such a minor thing in the Macross World, at least it would've seemed. With them making his 'legend' into a movie, I wonder what it'll entail. A retelling of the Bird-Human battle?

Also, they could just be using VF-27 as the designation for the episode spoilers; it could not be called that at all by characters in the series. But we won't know til it happens.

I'm still trying to puzzle out some things involving Brera Sterne. I am interested in seeing where things go with him. Perhaps Vajra infiltrator, or if there is a civil war in the NUNS currently, infiltrator from a potential third faction? Though it really doesn't explain why a VF is inside of a Vajra ship, fighing as if it WERE a Vajra. Perhaps some descent from the VF-0 or something, since Shin's VF-0 went with him wherever he went, developed by the things controling the Vajra?

I believe that

we won't see what happened to Shin Kudo. The story of Macross Zero will be mentioned, but... just like the fate of the Megaroad 01... it may en up in limbo. However, regarding Brera Sterne... I think that maybe he is part of a new ANTI-NUNS faction... He somehow can control the Vajra... The ANTI-NUNS must have found the Vajra (creations of the Protoculture)... & Somehow this fella is able to control them... Sound Force perhaps? I believe that's why they are interested in Ranka & Sheryl... The only 2 other ppl capable of controlling them too... I believe this since the episode of Legend of Zero (10) will have him stopping an hydra monster somehow

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Yay, the Compendium has been updated, thanks Egan.

From the Compendium:

According to an article in the June 2008 issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine called "The Official Art of Macross Frontier", the name "Messiah" (メサイア) invokes the image of Alto's white model and the lyrics of the song "Shao Pai Lo[o]n" ("Little White Dragon") from The Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

The Stealth Cruiser has not been named yet.

Maybe the keyword here is capitalism.

I think it's probable that the VF-27 is from another company similar to SMS, and both they, the NUNS and mr. Vilra want to get hold of the technology behind the Vajra.

After watching eps 6 subbed,

I remembered they saying that the vajra have the island or colony or something to that effect. So I got to thinking maybe a vf-27 prototype or something was on the galaxy and they doing something similar with macross 7 ala brain washed ppll to pilot units or they are humanoid and found vf-27 and started using it

:blink:

Edited by see_kay

After watching eps 6 subbed,

I remembered they saying that the vajra have the island or colony or something to that effect. So I got to thinking maybe a vf-27 prototype or something was on the galaxy and they doing something similar with macross 7 ala brain washed ppll to pilot units or they are humanoid and found vf-27 and started using it

:blink:

No

I suspect that either one side or both (possibly three if you want to include the SMS) were courting the Vajra and at some point the VF-27 was made available to them. How such a scenario could play out would be very interesting, since the variables are so open.

Though looking at the VF-27 cg model, I wonder if the nacelles on the wings are not necessarily engines, but in fact integrated fold boosters, allowing it to fold on it's own. We know the fold boosters have shrunk, since the VF-171s were carring one under each wing.

Oh well we'll find out soon enough... B))

Well, got my Frontier merchandise from Amazon Japan. Here's a pic. Shown Are the triangler CD (at left) with alternate cover (bottom center of pic), Frontier manga book 1 (top center) and the Don't Be late/Diamond Crevase CD (right).

Graham

post-11-1210578453_thumb.jpg

I believe that's why they are interested in Ranka & Sheryl... The only 2 other ppl capable of controlling them too... I believe this since the episode of Legend of Zero (10) will have him stopping an hydra monster somehow

What are people basing Sheryl being able to control/affect the Varja on? Now there's every chance that might actually happen but at this stage nothing points towards that. They were near Frontier before her concert started, they are attacking anything that heads in this direction as shown byt the remains of the Zentradi/Meltrandi fleet that Alto and Klan are fighting around in episode 4 and the attack on Galaxy in episode 6.

Yeah, from the 6 episodes so far I've never got even the slightest impression that the Vajra are interested in Sheryl, only Ranka.

Graham

But Leon said something about exposing the Vajra to song and using Sheryl, I wonder what that means.

BTW, anyone want to bet how many brownies VF-25 are going to be shot down in ep.7? ^_^

Yeah, from the 6 episodes so far I've never got even the slightest impression that the Vajra are interested in Sheryl, only Ranka.

Yeah I agree - we've never seen any kind of reaction from the Vajra regardign Sheryl so far, while their interest in Ranka is pretty much obvious.

-Sergorn

But Leon said something about exposing the Vajra to song and using Sheryl, I wonder what that means.

BTW, anyone want to bet how many brownies VF-25 are going to be shot down in ep.7? ^_^

In the Macross universe it has to be a pretty natural instinct by 2059 to try and use songs against an enemy.

-Elektrix

Graham

Maybe they just want to 'finish the job' or maybe they're trying to kill all the 'anima spiritia' and Ranka is one of them. Oh, poor Basara... :p

Both theories make a lot of sense to me.

Same here. Haven't seen episode 6 yet though.

Since she is a singer he probably thinks her songs will have an effect.

Though looking at the VF-27 cg model, I wonder if the nacelles on the wings are not necessarily engines, but in fact integrated fold boosters, allowing it to fold on it's own. We know the fold boosters have shrunk, since the VF-171s were carring one under each wing.

That's a good idea...

it would explain why the VF-27 was in a Vajra carrier

FV

What are people basing Sheryl being able to control/affect the Varja on? Now there's every chance that might actually happen but at this stage nothing points towards that. They were near Frontier before her concert started, they are attacking anything that heads in this direction as shown byt the remains of the Zentradi/Meltrandi fleet that Alto and Klan are fighting around in episode 4 and the attack on Galaxy in episode 6.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think Mikhail and Klein simply stated that it was a Zentraedi battlefield from 7000 years ago. The assumption would fit that the Vajra blew them up, but we really don't know.

Maybe they just want to 'finish the job' or maybe they're trying to kill all the 'anima spiritia' and Ranka is one of them. Oh, poor Basara... :p

Both theories make a lot of sense to me.

The Protodeviln are gone.

Protodeviln r still somewhere around in this universe, maybe even in this galaxy isn't it?

:huh:

I don't think the Vajra have much of a connection to the Protodevlin. The Protodevlin just flew off to create their Spiritia Paradise without being vampiric creatures.

All them? :ph34r:

Anyways, I was wonder if the task force has authority to use reaction weaponry. Cause if they are authorized then were in for some massive destruction and mayhem next episode :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Anyways, I was wonder if the task force has authority to use reaction weaponry. Cause if they are authorized then were in for some massive destruction and mayhem next episode :ph34r:

Assuming nukes even work.....

Protodeviln r still somewhere around in this universe, maybe even in this galaxy isn't it?

:huh:

Yes, three of them are indeed still around. However, since they've learned how to create spirita for themselves ("TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN!"), they aren't a threat to anyone.