Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

The silhouette of the new fighter looks a lot like the SV-51 with boosters. It's probably an anti-NUNs fighters just like the SV-51 was a anti UN fighter.

I'm thinking it's the VF-27, however I wonder if it's not the new frontline fighter for existing colony worlds like Eden. Whereas the VF-25 is destined for the UNG worlds.

I really wonder if that posting in the Japanese wiki about a cold war is more than just speculation and possibly a leak. The same thing was apparently posted in the French Frontier wiki and with a French animator working on the show, anything is possible...

Edited by Zinjo

The silhouette of the new fighter looks a lot like the SV-51 with boosters. It's probably an anti-NUNs fighters just like the SV-51 was a anti UN fighter.

That purple is the color of baddies in Macross doesn't help, however spoilers seem to suggest there will be probably more than that.

FV

I was thinking SV-51 - especially with those canards on the front. Its not a modified YF-19 is it. (I will get howled down on this one for sure). Isamu???

Taksraven

The transformation of the VF-27 as seen in the Macross TV special seemed to suggest it has a similar design to the VF-25. I could be wrong, though, just going by memory.

I really hope this VF-27 is not directly related to the Vajra, that would steal all the fun of finally having a Gunbuster-like archenemy in the show (PC related maybe). It would be fun to have 3-sided conflict though, some sort of Colony/Fleet/Corporation dispute i.e. VF-25 vs VF-27 vs Vajra.

I really hope this VF-27 is not directly related to the Vajra, that would steal all the fun of finally having a Gunbuster-like archenemy in the show (PC related maybe). It would be fun to have 3-sided conflict though, some sort of Colony/Fleet/Corporation dispute i.e. VF-25 vs VF-27 vs Vajra.

You are preaching to the choir buddy... B))

A three sided conflict would also be something that hasn't been done in a Macross show since DYRL...

If by that you mean no one could be bothered to stay at home and up to watch it, I guess that's as good a reason as any other. Looking at the numbers of the other series though they all either had moderate climbs or slight drops. Frontier unfortunately is one of few that suffered the larger - 0.5 or more points drop. Uneasy is one word that comes to mind when looking at that.

Hopefully it's just happenstance and things will be better on the next report.

Granted not that will affect the production of Frontier that much since most of the money is to be made on DVDs. Hopefully.

The first season of Geass had some steep drops as well, ratings from 1/5 to 2/16 (second half of the season) were 1.7, 1.7, 2.9, 2.1, 2.4, 2.3 & 1.7. Keep in mind that ratings don't really matter for late night anime shows since it's more a payed advertisement for dvds and other merchandise. It's doing rather well in preorders for dvds and the cd singles are also selling well.

I was just thinking, if there was indeed a VF-27 wouldn't SMS be equipped with it instead? Wouldn't they be the ones testing it instead of having the 27 be a standard military fighter?

Furthermore, why would it be called a VF if it wasn't developed for UN Spacy? It would've been called something else just in the same way that american planes were called F-## while russia used Mig-## or something to that effect.

Ah, I can't wait to see what that plane in the opening is!

BTW, if i remember correctly, the purple guy in the opening seems to be part of the Macross Galaxy defenses in the manga.

Magazine scans for the next episodes. Translation please. Thank you.

preview2er6.th.jpg preview1ot2.th.jpg 1210242230273nn3.th.jpg

Ep. 7 First Attack

- Alto and the others head out to rescue Sheryl's home which is under attack by the Vajra.

- This is occurs during Sheryl's live concert.

- When Alto and team is turning the tide, Vajra's Large Space Carrier appears!

Ep. 8 High School Queen

- To pursue her dream/hobby, Ranka enrolls into Mihoshi.

- Sheryl's visit to the same school causes a ruckus.

- Sheryl's panties got stolen...

Ep. 9 Friendly Fire

- Memory of Michel's sister, Jessica, troubles Michel.

- Near miss on Alto. (Have to recheck this translation. I'm doing this on a rush.)

- Klan told Alto of Jessica's past.

Ep. 10 Legend of Zero

- Legend of Shin Kudo is being made into a movie.

- Ranka is chosen as the lead and heads to the filming location along with Sheryl.

I did all this on the fly cuz I am doing several things at once. I'll double check my translation later.

Ep. 10 Legend of Zero

- Legend of Shin Kudo is being made into a movie.

- Ranka is chosen as the lead and heads to the filming location along with Sheryl.

Seems the Birdman will come home soon to roost. :ph34r::huh:

Ep. 9 Friendly Fire

- Memory of Michel's sister, Jessica, troubles Michel.

- Near miss on Alto. (Have to recheck this translation. I'm doing this on a rush.)

- Klan told Alto of Jessica's past.

Just Curious....What's so special about Michel's Sister? I'm guessing she's dead seeing the memories about her troubles Michel. Could this Jessica person be one of those killed by the Vajra attack where Ozma rescued Ranka from?

:huh:

Ep 7 - 10 spoilers.

please point out any mistakes :p

Ep 7 First Attack

- Macross Quarter etc goes to the rescue of what's left of Galaxy's ships.

- SMS and NUNS gain upperhand, but Luca's valk gets sucked in by the sudden emergence of a vajra carrier.

- Alto gets inside that vajra carrier to rescue Luca, and there he encounters the mysterious valkyrie VF-27. [homage, homage :rolleyes: ]

- M-Quarter transforms into Battle mode, Alto escapes unharmed. Alto puzzled over that mystery valk.

Ep 8 High School Queen

- Ranka transfers to Mihoshi Academy so as to be able to pursue the start of her career in entertainment.

- Sheryl's visit caused chaos in the academy.

- Sheryl's panties gets stolen and caused a reckus at the academy, she is determined to find it, falls from roof of some house/building and Alto, wearing his EX-Gear, rescues her. Next day, Sheryl appears in the Mihoshi uniform...

- Ranka who's newly transferred to Mihoshi, meets a mysterious young guy who knows about the song she remembers from her past.

Ep 9 Friendly Fire

- Sheryl's manager Grace informs Michel about his elder sister, Jessica. Michel gets troubled by it.

- During a battle, Alto was almost hit by mistake, and is angry at and gets into a fight with Michel

- Klan Klan tells Alto about Jessica's past.

- Klan Klan, while searching for vajra's base, is shot down by a VF-27 which appeared suddenly.

- Alto plans to make himself a decoy so that Michel can snipe.

Ep 10 Legend of Zero

- Ranka to act as a minor role in a movie, along with Sheryl.

- SMS assists in movie production

- seems like Alto has his own BIG fan for his role as "Princess Sakura" in the past :D

- Ranka attacked by some Hydra creature which went berserk, Alto risked himself to save Ranka. At the nick of time, a young man Brera Sterne appeared and the incident ended.

- However, the actress for the role of Mao was hurt and Ranka was casted in her place, and gets to sing the theme song!

One thing i've noted - no mention of Ozma.... OMG :mellow:

Edited by Shun

I like Shun's explanation so much better. All I did was translate whatever that is on that scan.

So much spoilers yet I can't wait to see it when the episode comes out. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind reading about spoilers because I could block out my memory of ever reading about it in the first place. Therefore spoiler tags doesn't bother me at all. :lol:

Looks like an eventful arc ahead. Thanks Shun! :)

- Alto gets inside that vajra carrier to rescue Luca, and there he encounters the mysterious valkyrie VF-27. [homage, homage :rolleyes: ]

- M-Quarter tansforms into Battle mode, Alto escapes unharmed. Alto puzzled over that mystery valk.

- Klan Klan, while searching for vajra's base, is shot down by a VF-27 which appeared suddenly.

I'll take Galactic Civil War for 1,000, Alex!

Ep 7 - 10 spoilers.

please point out any mistakes :p

Ep 7 First Attack

Uhmmm.....if its a homage shouldn't that be Alto saving a female?

:huh: Instead of Alto saving a shota? :rolleyes::ph34r:

BTW, mystery valk reminds me a lot of Nora's and DD's Sv-51s in Macross Zero. Anti-UN??? :mellow:

some more additional trivial stuff for spoilers ep 7-10

- somebody gets to service the junk maintenance [machines?] which are located outside the ship windows as punishment for breaking school rules.

- Nanase is in performing arts. singing class scene in ep 8

- Sheryl's age is publicly announced as 17yo [does this mean she's not?]

- Mihoshi academy allows freedom of hairstyle, no restriction on how the uniform is worn, and even allows voluntary repeating a school year

- Ranka's company's boss seems to have alot of issues/problems

- Sheryl's panty was stolen in the school during a shower.

- Sheryl fall from the roof top while not wearing her panty [lucky Alto... :p ]

- Luca is a rich kid whose family background is involved with a large computer business corporate

- Mihoshi Academy put practicality as priority, completely modular, even freedom at skipping grades [explains why Luca becomes a classmate of his senpai/senior Alto in ep 6. Luca's target is probably Nanase tho :p]

- Learning Emergency First Aid skills is compulsory

etc...

The VF-27 in battroid mode looks a lot like the VF-25, just pinkish red, with different wings. Thanks for the refresher jpegs Mr. March.

You're welcome. I almost get a Griffon vibe from that head unit on the purple mystery valkyrie (as in, the Griffon from Patlabor). And the back of the feet/top of the engine nozzles is very SV-51-like :)

some more additional trivial stuff for spoilers ep 7-10

- somebody gets to service the junk maintenance [machines?] which are located outside the ship windows as punishment for breaking school rules.

etc...

Yet another Gunbuster homage.

That pink Valk really does look A LOT like the SV-51. The "three toe" foot, the long shoulders, wing shape, chest area, and the tail fins attached to the arms. This series has a lot more connections to Zero as I had thought. *re-watches*

Edited by OmegaD3k

The VF-27 doesn't look Vajra related so definately there is some hope for a three way tango. I mean come on each fleet is so different it is bound to happen, civil war!

I don't imagine the Vajra would name their fighter the VF-27. :lol:

The NUNS are the Terrans, the Vajra are the Zerg, so what kinds of funky energy-based technology will the Anti-UN have?

anima spiritia (runs...)

anima spiritia (runs...)

[throws brick at Morpheus] [/brick fails to hit target] damn, should've used the high-maneuverability bricks...just jk :lol:

I really trying hard not to read all the new spoilers, don't want to ruin the experience for myself. Anyone wonder why they might have released such spoiler up to Ep.10 ?

I really trying hard not to read all the new spoilers, don't want to ruin the experience for myself. Anyone wonder why they might have released such spoiler up to Ep.10 ?

Standard procedure. For Gundam, we normally had previews for the next 3-4 episodes/magazine/month. In the July editions of the magazines, we'll probably have synopsis for the next 3-4 episodes. It's normal. It basically covers the month's episodes.