Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

I like the cover, but none of them look quite like they do in the show...I wonder if this is one of those series where they have a different member of the art team each do a DVD cover...or if this artist will be doing all of them.

VF-25's nickname is Messiah(メサイア)

EP.07, The mystery Valk is encountered in Vajra's aircraft carrier

第10話:レジェンド・オブ・ゼロ(Legend of Zero)、2008.06.05

EP.10, The Legend Character Shin Kudo's biography movieMacross Zero is shooting...

Ranka is a Chara of this movie.

and...

Mikhail has a sis, Jessica(ジェシカ), a perfect woman~~

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080600.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080601.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080602.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080603.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080604.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080605.jpg

http://www.jiulm.com/uploadme/me/macross/2...507nt080606.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Did anyone else notice the two different Luca Vf-25's. Now to find out which US issue will have this in it.

EDIT: nevermind Newtype USA has been cancelled as of Feb 08.

Edited by Sorata

Luca's VF-25 can control 3 Ghost to attack enemy!!!

Cool.

Thanks for the pic Kresphy, they are awesome. I wonder if they mixed up with the Pixie team names, since they show Nene as the short hair meltran.

I knew it

Macross Zero got something to do with the Vajra. My quess is the mysterious valk is a horribly mutated VF-0

:ph34r:

Thanks for the info krepshy! All this new stuff really puts the whole Macross franchise in perspective. I'm definitely getting a protoculture vibe from the Vajira. Probably something similar to what they did with humans... I believe they must've found some indigenous species on some planet and tinkered with its genes or something. Kind of like what they did on earth or how the Monolith did in 2001 A Space Odyssey.

It's a shame though that they didn't add any pictures on the Macross Quarter. CF battleships probably won't stand a chance against that thing.

It's also surprising to see the destroid monster capable of transformation. Didn't think something that heavy could take flight. Hopefully they've fixed that floor-crushing thing it always does when it walks around. I never could get why they'd deploy something like that which would destroy the floor of anything it walked on. They should've used wheels on it or something.

If episode 10 is going to be a movie-making episode, hopefully it'll get a much better treatment than that Minmay Story remake that they did on Macross 7. That one just had Mylene and Basara sitting in a cockpit blasting away at Protodeviln. Hopefully, we'll see what ultimately happened to Shin at the end as to whether he went to space with the Birdman or just crash-landed in the ocean.

It's also surprising to see the destroid monster capable of transformation. Didn't think something that heavy could take flight. Hopefully they've fixed that floor-crushing thing it always does when it walks around. I never could get why they'd deploy something like that which would destroy the floor of anything it walked on. They should've used wheels on it or something.

But then, it wasn't the good ol' Monster from SDFM. It's VB-6 Konig Monster, the variable version of it. And it's lighter than the old Monster by about 1/3, too, so it could fly and perhaps won't have those floor-crushing effects. If every explanations fails, we still got OverTechnology, right? :p

Wow, so they going to paid homage to both Macross 0 and Macross 7 in the 10th episode, which is a surprise to me. Is that mean our Vajra friends have some connection to AFOS? :)

Edited by Sulendil Ang

It's also surprising to see the destroid monster capable of transformation.

Surprised you don't know about the VB-6 Konig Monster. It first appeared back in 1999 in the Plastation Macross VF-X2 game, so it's not new.

Yamato also released a transforming toy of it a few years ago.

Graham

Did anyone else notice the two different Luca Vf-25's. Now to find out which US issue will have this in it.

Perhaps Luca's RVF-25 gets wrecked later, so he switches to a green VF-25F?

Or perhaps Luca uses the green VF-25F when no recon or Elint capability are required?

Graham

I'm curious what is the greenish-yellow trangular looking ship in the first page of Kresphy's scans.

Graham

Thats a Stealth frigate with updated armaments, and also a new Stealth Cruiser.

Yeah, that yellow/green ship must be some kind of refit of the Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate. Same basic shape and features, just updated a bit and given a new color scheme, much in the same way the Guantanamo Class Stealth Carrier has been turned into a CG model and painted green :)

So, VF-25 Messiah. A little over the top, but at least it's a title likely to be unused by any other science fiction franchise for a fighter.

Edited by Mr March

Yeah, that yellow/green ship must be some kind of refit of the Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate. Same basic shape and features, just updated a bit and given a new color scheme, much in the same way the Guantanamo Class Stealth Carrier has been turned into a CG model and painted green :)

So, VF-25 Messiah. A little over the top, but at least it's a title likely to be unused by any other science fiction franchise for a fighter.

I'm not sold on "messiah" but at least I won't be embarrased by the name. When my wife saw my miyazaki DVD collection she just about died laughing "laputa" she said was bad enough but she thought "kiki's delivery service" was hentai. While I'm aware of the 'actual' meaning of laputa, apparantly 'kiki' also has another meaning where she's from (the philipines).

Well, there's no way to get around some names. Different languages will always cause problems. I have a British friend who laughed his head off whenever we would drive on Shaganappi Trail (a native Cree name) in my old city of Calgary. I thought he was just being immature laughing at the word "Shag" but then told me "nappi" is cockney slang for a dirty diaper, so shag-a-nappi started to mean something quite different :)

EP.10, The Legend Character Shin Kudo's biography movie Macross Zero is shooting...

Well, if I read this like it sounds, it looks like the events of Zero have become a part of pop culture? I don't think its what Zinjo had in mind when he was talking about the events being declassified, but credit would totally go to him if this is as it sounds.

EP.07, The mystery Valk is encountered in Vajra's aircraft carrier

I'm really not sure how to take this. I'll be extremely disappointed if they are going back to the "look, the bad guys have variable fighetrs too!" of Macross 7. Why, why would the Vajra develop variable fighters? There better be a human connection here, or I'll be pretty disappointed.

VF-25 Messiah eh? I rather like it a lot. As for the scans, awesome stuff and thanks for sharing kresphy ^_^ . Although I am a bit surprised (and for me a bit dissapointed) that we haven't see any hand drawn line-art yet. Still its good that more info is out for us (*coughmrmarchcough* :lol: ) to poke at.

Yeah, no, that's not going to cut it.

For now I am going to hope and assume there is some Earth connection here.

If there's an Earth connection, I'm willing to bet it's Shin Kudo. I think it's safe to assume the AFOS folded his VF-0 out to whatever ancient Protoculture territory it called home. Heh heh... Hell, maybe it is Shin's VF-0, fifty one years and a whole lot of retrofitting later.

If there's an Earth connection, I'm willing to bet it's Shin Kudo. I think it's safe to assume the AFOS folded his VF-0 out to whatever ancient Protoculture territory it called home. Heh heh... Hell, maybe it is Shin's VF-0, fifty one years and a whole lot of retrofitting later.

I wouldn't quite see the point in that, and its transformation is more akin to the VF-25 than anything else.

I think/hope that the Vajra and the misterious VF are actually related to the mysterious Mr.Bilrer (that's what everything seems to point out). I'm smelling some sort of conspiracy behind the scenes (VF-X2 anyone ?).

EP.10, The Legend Character Shin Kudo's biography movie Macross Zero is shooting...

How is it possible that they would be making a Shin Kudo movie ? I mean, how could the info regarding the Mayan incident have become part of mainstream culture as to ensure the success of such a production? Why making a movie anyways? really, wtf. If we take into account all the implications a PC/Aphos-Vajra relationship could mean to the franchise I'm hoping they rather incorporate Zero into Frontier in a more serious and relevant manner, not a DYRL-movie-within-a-series kind of way, that would really be lame.

edit: my first statement didn't sound clear enough.

Edited by Aegis!

Luca's VF-25 can control 3 Ghost to attack enemy!!!

Then who's green VF-25F is shown underneath Luca's RVF-25 in the Newtype scan?

My money is that the mysterious Valk is Kodo's VF-0 and the mystery of what happened to Shin & Sara will finally be closed... B)) (assuming of course it is indeed the VF-0...).

If it is the green VF-25F as the "mysterious" valk found with the Vajra then I suspect there is much more afoot here than originally expected, which is not at all a bad thing... :)

Edited by Zinjo

I think/hope that the Vajra and the misterious VF are actually related to the mysterious Mr.Bilrer (that's what everything seems to point out). I'm smelling some sort of conspiracy behind the scenes (VF-X2 anyone ?).

How is it possible that they would be making a Shin Kudo movie ? I mean, how could the info regarding the Mayan incident have become part of mainstream culture as to ensure the success of such a production? Why making a movie anyways? really, wtf. If we take into account all the implications a PC/Aphos-Vajra relationship could mean to the franchise I'm hoping they rather incorporate Zero into Frontier in a more serious and relevant manner, not a DYRL-movie-within-a-series kind of way, that would really be lame.

edit: my first statement didn't sound clear enough.

As I've stated before, the Mayan incident was classified for at least 5 decades, apparently after 50 years it was released to the general media. Then again after the reports coming from the Mac7 encounter, an AFOS would be fairly tame by comparison...