Macross Saga/Robotech Live Action Movie Designs...

Kronnang Dunn

I think it's awesome that you have such enthusiasm, however the Robotech live action movie is not a popular subject on these forums, since HG is not very highly regarded here, at all!

We hope to see a Macross live action film someday, with the intimate involvement of the same minds that created the original Macross series from Japan and who, with their legally owned intellectual property rights, continue to make Macross shows to this day.

It is a legal fact that Harmony Gold only controls the SDF Macross animation and has trademarked the name "Macross" in North America, that is ALL that they own, despite their empty claims to more.

Any discussions regarding the original Japanese SDF Macross show, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Zero or Macross Frontier are always welcome as well as new fans to these shows.

However, my new friend, you will find little love for Robotech here. Most tolerate its existence, some lothe the fact that it ever existed, and others have some appreciation for the show.

Just so long as you are aware of the enviroment that exists here, welcome and enjoy the forums. B))

Check them out!!!

(More soon...)

You obviously have lots of talent, maybe you should try starting an original non-robotech sci-fi space opera comic.

Good artwork. I think if they ever do actually make this movie, it would serve them much better to actually use designs that unify the series. Your designs seem to largely be more detailed reimaginations of Macross designs (which is not a bad thing) but I think the movie creators would do better to start from scratch. Instead of the first "veritech" resembling a Valkyrie it should look like a precursor to the Alpha. Instead of the variable tank you have it should look like a VHT. Really, the entire Zentraedi should be reimagined to have mecha that look like something from The Masters branch of the series. For example, the male/female power armors should look like primitive Bioroids. Then, if they ever make a Masters-like sequel to the original the Earth forces should use the same destroids and introduce a couple new and improved weapons after showing how obsolete the weaponry from the first war has become. Maybe the hovercycle should be replaced by a prototype Cyclone. The AGAC should be replaced by the Alpha.

Good artwork. I think if they ever do actually make this movie, it would serve them much better to actually use designs that unify the series. Your designs seem to largely be more detailed reimaginations of Macross designs (which is not a bad thing) but I think the movie creators would do better to start from scratch. Instead of the first "veritech" resembling a Valkyrie it should look like a precursor to the Alpha. Instead of the variable tank you have it should look like a VHT. Really, the entire Zentraedi should be reimagined to have mecha that look like something from The Masters branch of the series. For example, the male/female power armors should look like primitive Bioroids. Then, if they ever make a Masters-like sequel to the original the Earth forces should use the same destroids and introduce a couple new and improved weapons after showing how obsolete the weaponry from the first war has become. Maybe the hovercycle should be replaced by a prototype Cyclone. The AGAC should be replaced by the Alpha.

Now that makes plenty of sense, and that's commendable. But, to me, the thing that makes Robotech remotely appealing is that it's Macross with some other junk tacked on. Whatever. If they can tell a good story with great aerial combat, I'll see their movie. Even if they tell a crappy story, I'll probably see it (it worked for Transformers), and then just be aghast at how nobody seems to know how to tell stories in Hollywood.

Rememer the "This is Animation books?" I'd pull everything outta that DYRL one.

Me too, hehehe...

Instead of the variable tank you have it should look like a VHT.

Hehehe... I kinda thought of that. However, I really wanted to show primitive looking Destroids in the flick. I envisioned very primitive looking mecha for the Earthlings (while the valkyries should look the more advanced of all... they are the stars of the movie, hehe). They should have more grayish, metallic colors (with red, green, yellow, white or blue squad markings/lines), with lots of tags/symbols/serial numbers & logos on them... (camo too!).

I made the tank to resemble a real world advanced tank, with reactive armor on it... it has projectile weapons only... The big cannon is actually a rail gun, not an energy weapon... (in fact, the earth side should have only projectile weapons in their mechas... energy weaponry should be only in the big ships).

Alien mecha should look menacing, very advanced (almost organic), with more curved lines & with lots of red marks/lights & organic textures &/or colors... (black, purple, green). with energy weapons mostly (& Itano circus advanced missiles!).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I love your Zentradi power suit & Quadranno-Rau designs. Miriya's flight suit was tight. Deebo from "Friday" as Dolza was genius! ^_^

Hehehe... Thanks. I chose Tommy "Tiny" Lister for Dolza/Bodolza because he played the Earth president in "The Fifth Element"... I liked his acting there, hehehe...

Btw... I just watched episode 4 of Macross Frontier & I noticed that the helmets of the pilots of the female power armors are elongated in the back like a helmet design I did in the

. I never watched that design before. I did mine like 2 & a half weeks ago. What a hell of a coincidence!!!! Edited by Kronnang Dunn

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic art work! I loved your casting ideas, Seth Rogen as Ben Dixion ! I laughed my ass off at that one! How great. Like you I love both Macross and Robotech. Without Robotech I would have never become a fan of Macross.

Love Robotech!! Amazing work Dude!! One can only hope a Movie comes out!!

Excellent work keep it up!!

Roberto

Fantastic art work! I loved your casting ideas, Seth Rogen as Ben Dixion ! I laughed my ass off at that one! How great. Like you I love both Macross and Robotech. Without Robotech I would have never become a fan of Macross.

Thx everybody for your positive reviews, hehehe... :lol:

I just finished uploading video 5...

Check it out, hehehe... B))

Btw, I love both Robotech & Macross, but I'm aware many ppl like Macross only. I will make new re-edited versions of the videos with just Macross names & music. Will post them in another thread as soon as I upload them... Stay tuned... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn