Pic comparision of new 1/60 VF-1 with 1/48 VF-1

dafunguy

Maybe I missed it in another or part of this thread, But does this mean that the New 1/60 scale VF-1's will be the same size as the original Diecast version 1/60's from a few years ago?? Just that they will be as detailed (so they say) and transform much like the 1/48 series?

Maybe i am wrong, but it would have been cool just to make All the Valkyries from Macross Zero & Plus in 1/48. So what if they would have been big or huge... Would anyone really have complained, especially with the prices and issues. But thats just my opinion. Frankly a 1/48 scale VF-0A would have been awesome to match with my VF-1S & 1A!!

Lets just hope Yamato does a Low Vis. 1 and 2 seater models for the new 1/60's!!

I was among the supporters of the idea of everything being in 1/48 scale, but lots of people pissed and moaned that the YF-19 and YF-21 would be too big. :rolleyes: Since the VF-0, YF-19, SV-51, and YF-21 are being done in 1/60 scale, with the VF-1s being redone in 1/60, just stick with 1/60. Imagine doing the MKII Monster in 1/48 though! It would be awesome huge! :D

And, yes, 505thAirborne, the new 1/60 scale VF-1s will be close to the same size as the old 1/60 scale valkyries, because they are in the same scale and they're supposed to be the same valkyrie. So even though the 1/60 VF-1 will be smaller than the VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and YF-21, those valks are all normally larger than the VF-1 anyway.

I was among the supporters of the idea of everything being in 1/48 scale, but lots of people pissed and moaned that the YF-19 and YF-21 would be too big. :rolleyes: Since the VF-0, YF-19, SV-51, and YF-21 are being done in 1/60 scale, with the VF-1s being redone in 1/60, just stick with 1/60. Imagine doing the MKII Monster in 1/48 though! It would be awesome huge! :D

And, yes, 505thAirborne, the new 1/60 scale VF-1s will be close to the same size as the old 1/60 scale valkyries, because they are in the same scale and they're supposed to be the same valkyrie. So even though the 1/60 VF-1 will be smaller than the VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and YF-21, those valks are all normally larger than the VF-1 anyway.

Glad to know I am not alone on the 1/48 theory!! Well at least the new 1/60's should match up well with old ones!!

Glad to know I am not alone on the 1/48 theory!! Well at least the new 1/60's should match up well with old ones!!

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the new 1/60's fighter mode. Yeah, the nose looks a little bit (And I mean just a little) shorter than the 1/48, but I think it looks really good in all modes. And it damn sure looks much better than the old 1/60's by far, IMHO.

The only thing about these that I don't like is possibly having to pay more than $125 before shipping. VALKYRIE_EXCHANGE told me he is gonna be doing a group buy on these and to stay tuned. :) I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the price he quotes. :D

-Kyp

Independent of what it says - a few noticable things in the blueprints:

1. The nose is clearly shorter on the 1/60. Look at the point where the nose terminates viz the knees on the 48 and compare it to the 60. Big difference - and the 60 looks better for it.

2. The chest on the 60 does not sag down to the point that the upper legs/vents find themselves under the sagging chest. Again - big plus for the 60.

Everything else looks roughly the same (save the obvious double-jointed shoulders).

The 60 is great - I'm looking forward to it - just kind of whining anyways :)

VFTF1

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the new 1/60's fighter mode. Yeah, the nose looks a little bit (And I mean just a little) shorter than the 1/48, but I think it looks really good in all modes. And it damn sure looks much better than the old 1/60's by far, IMHO.

The only thing about these that I don't like is possibly having to pay more than $125 before shipping. VALKYRIE_EXCHANGE told me he is gonna be doing a group buy on these and to stay tuned. :) I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the price he quotes. :D

-Kyp

I'll be in that group buy.

I'm pretty sure it's a given that whatever was produced during the first 1/60 line will be made this time around along with the addition of two seaters.

-Kyp

That would be sweet! Of course the original 1/60 line did have the VF-1D, VE-1 and VT-1 two seaters which are awesome (in fighter mode) now the V.2 versions will look great in battroid mode. I hope they also make both minmei guards too and a Virgin Road max.

Independent of what it says - a few noticable things in the blueprints:

1. The nose is clearly shorter on the 1/60. Look at the point where the nose terminates viz the knees on the 48 and compare it to the 60. Big difference - and the 60 looks better for it.

2. The chest on the 60 does not sag down to the point that the upper legs/vents find themselves under the sagging chest. Again - big plus for the 60.

Everything else looks roughly the same (save the obvious double-jointed shoulders).

The 60 is great - I'm looking forward to it - just kind of whining anyways :)

VFTF1

I still can't get over the placement of the head. It sits a bit too tall and there is no way to correct it. I can see what Yamato was attemting by placing the head this way, but it seems as if they're working from a two-seater to a one-seater. The best way this could have been done is to stick with the one-seater platfom and shifting a few things around towards a two seater, but I guess it won't happen.

Oh well, I guess well have to wait for V.3 1/60 and let's all hope they get it right.

I'll get one 1/60 V.2, and that's all. <_<

***The pic below is for Graham and Yamato.

post-2246-1208735499_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

My Jap is very basic. Here's what I gather from what words I can understand from the pic:

1. Head looks balanced as it's now higher compared with 1/48.

2. Head no longer have centre seamline. It now goes from left to right (instead from front to back).

3. It comes with extra hands.

4. Chest area more proportionate compared with 1/48.

5. Trunk is now shorter, better proportion.

6. 19 points of articulation. Better articulation at wrist and ankle???

Sorry, but that's all I understand. Perhaps others can help?

i dont know guys in fighter mode i dont think the 1:48 have any compettition even in batroid mode i prefer the 1:48...............you guys will understand when you have the new 1:60 in front of one of your great 1:48................................1:48 forevaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know guys in fighter mode i dont think the 1:48 have any compettition even in batroid mode i prefer the 1:48...............you guys will understand when you have the new 1:60 in front of one of your great 1:48................................1:48 forevaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, after looking at that comparison picture, the 1/48 is lacking, especially in battroid mode.

crap..

Im REALLY trying to not like these.

but all ur positive comments on it are making it *reallllly* hard !

*sigh*

=/

• 1 month later...

The 1/60 looks so small compared to the 1/48! It's going to look tiny in my display case (if I get one). Wish they made all the improvements, but in 1/48 scale. Once you go big ... it's hard to go back. (insert ... "that's what she said" jokes here ... haha.) It's sad seeing the 1/48 being phased out.

photo27yu8.jpg

The 60's look good and I will buy some. I with they woudl ahve made these improvements to the 48's instead. I prefer the size and I was working on articulated pilots for the 48's. Now I am hoping peopel will start dumping their 1/48 so I can stock up.

I for one welcome our new 1/60 overlords.