Macross Frontier Episode 2 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Yeh! Alto got a girl in the cockpit! (Positive)
    • Meh (neutral/No opinion)
    • I can get a girl in my cockpit better (Negative)

Big thanks to Gattai for being the first to deliver a subtitled version. I'll take 90% accuracy in 72 hours, than 100% a week later. I just need enough to get the jist which is way more than I get from the raws.

New ending theme is way better than the one they showed with the first episode. I'd actually purchase and listen to it on its own.

ya looking back there's more then just 7:22 mark where the arms reappear and what not....but meh doesn't bug me a bit, you don't even really notice it when you're too focused on everything else going on.

But hey, the original show had ALOT of errors on it.......big deal.

Big thanks to Gattai for being the first to deliver a subtitled version. I'll take 90% accuracy in 72 hours, than 100% a week later. I just need enough to get the jist which is way more than I get from the raws.

New ending theme is way better than the one they showed with the first episode. I'd actually purchase and listen to it on its own.

Indeed, that's the version I just got finished watching and it's good enough for me.

-Kyp

ya looking back there's more then just 7:22 mark where the arms reappear and what not....but meh doesn't bug me a bit, you don't even really notice it when you're too focused on everything else going on.

But hey, the original show had ALOT of errors on it.......big deal.

Even Macross Zero had the magically reappearing FAST packs in the last episode. Shin Ejects all his weapons including the FPs and then a short time later the leg FPs are back again.

Graham

LOL I'm unfamiliar with this Anime Friend that you speak of. :)

Oh no, you're not.

Have you ever been watching SDF M, and you find yourself thinking, "Gosh, the animation is horrible in this episode"?

You notice a VF-1A with a 1S head...Minmay looking EXTREMELY ugly...Max and Miria having a knife fight that features sparks coming from the knives...

Then you have felt the dire, eldritch hand of the dreaded Anime Friend, whose name is spoken only in whispers by the brave, and not at all by the wise...

LOL, now that I managed to v-v-vi-i-i-e--e--e-ww th-the gat-t-tai version on my computer (1.66 GHz, 512MB RAM) after trying 20 different settings and combinations of codecs/filters/players...

(runs to get AiA&I-Z's torrent...)

Because I have no idea how to do that. You can reencode h.264 to DivX...? Really? How?

Can't test right now, but i guess the job could be done using AutoMKV. But it is for PC :p

Or i could try to extract the subs from the MKV, save as .SRT or .SUB, then you could download any raw you like and load external subtitles. Just don't know yet how to do it...

I'm kinda surprised that so many people are having trouble with playback. Even on my old crappy pc i dont ever remember having a problem with h.264.

On to the real discussion...

To me, Frontier, above all other mac series, feels the most like the original series. I think its great that they are bringing the franchise back to its roots. We've had many different Macross series these last 25 years; some good, some bad. But, its nice to see it kinda come full circle.

Hey Azrael, will you be putting up a DDL for the second episode like ya did for the first, cuz that was a whole lot faster than it would have been had I had to download the torrent (30 minutes ddl vs 14 hours torrent) and it looks like I'm looking at just as long for this torrent too. sad face

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ranka is the adopted sister to Ozma? I just got that feeling with the flash back to the Vajra attack that was in black and white.

Actually it was a vision of the future like the ones Sara & Mao Nome had in Macross Zero. She saw Ozma being killed by the Vajra in her nightmares. That's why she didn't want him to fly anymore. I guess Ozma is going to die later & Alto is going to inherit his VF-25 (another Macross tribute).

My best bet is that Ranka & Sheryl are natural sisters & Ozma is Ranka's adoptive brother. Maybe they are both descendants to Mao Nome... (Sheryl knows French, & Mayans spoke that language. Sara's chant in Macross Zero had French in it).

Btw... The captain at S.M.S. looked a lot like a scar-faced version of Gloval. An older Hikaru Ichijo perhaps? The sole survivor of the Megaroad?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Does anyone else get the feeling that Ranka is the adopted sister to Ozma? I just got that feeling with the flash back to the Vajra attack that was in black and white.

yes, its been mentioned. hmmm, i thought that is official? i remember reading it somewhere...

Just watched it, and I'm definitely hooked to this series.

EDIT: Just in case the use of spoiler tags is still in effect.

HOWEVER.......................Is it just me or was Ozma just savoring that Red Bug kill way too much with the licking the lips thingy.

:huh:

ALSO, am I the only one having the feeling that Lt. Cathy Glass and Ozma Lee are this series' Claudia-Roy pairing? :mellow: Hope Cathy doesn't know how to make a PINEAPPLE SALAD. B))

Anyways....LOL@Alto: Knuckle Sandwich for you PRINCESS!!!! :D

Mikhail seems to be a very good sharpshooter. I wonder how good he is with the standard-issued Gun Pod of the VF-25. Seems to me like Mikhail isn't really the Max Jenius of this series, but more like Graham from Gundam 00 or Kurz Weber from FMP, unless of course there's an episode in the near future wherein we will see Mikhail go one-on-one with a female Varuja ace either in a knife fight or in mecha combat . :D

Edited by grss1982

Well - gave up on downloading the RAW and am now downloading the Gai one - with the subs - so hopefully tonight I'll watch it :)

It's really cool to be alive during my first Macross series - in the sense that this is the first time I've watched a modern rendition of Macross starting with episode 1 and not knowing where it will go :)

VFTF1

I was thinking the same, the flashback seems like she was looking through the window of something, a escape pod maybe? I couldn't figure out what it was the thing the red Vajra destroyed, it look to me like some kind of satellite or ship. Probably Ranka's parents were killed there?

Thanks to Shota and the folks at AiA, those subs were perfection....

I will have to agree to a certain extent. Definately better than ep 1 release. Could use translations of OP lyrics but meh...works for me. Anyway I'm stuck with AiA for now since i can't playback HD files without feeling lag like crap.

I love this episode. OMG. It had everything. Awesome fight choreography. Songs sent a shiver down my spine. The minmay rescue from SDF Macross. Gawd.....drool......

rankasnmhe3.jpg

yup looks more like Ranka was having a flashback of her encounter with vajra, and she was looking from a window from another ship.

don't think it is some sort of premonition of Ozma's death like someone mentioned. doesnt look like a vf-25 there right? :unsure:

Although Ranka might have made Ozma quit being a combat pilot coz of this

Edited by Shun

rankasnmhe3.jpg

yup looks more like Ranka was having a flashback of her encounter with vajra, and she was looking from a window from another ship.

don't think it is some sort of premonition of Ozma's death like someone mentioned. its not a vf-25 there.

Although Ranka might have made Ozma quit being a combat pilot coz of this

Yeah....i was being an Azrael and thought something like this was the scenario on the DE episode. Ranka had traumatic past with the Vajra thus her paralysing terror when encountering one. Ozma knows what the Vajra codenamed Victor are and was probably one of the 1st soldiers to encounter them....and he saved Ranka from them. Why he quit the military...maybe just to give in to his adopted sister's panderings.

Ranka definately has the "Anima Spiritia" or whatever song powers that the Vajra seem to seek.