Macross Frontier Episode 2 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Yeh! Alto got a girl in the cockpit! (Positive)
    • Meh (neutral/No opinion)
    • I can get a girl in my cockpit better (Negative)

LOL have you guys even watched the episode or are you just discussing the pics that were posted :p:)

I got the episode off Share so I've already watched it. It does follow along the same lines as the manga with some changes and very few of the gags. It's also nice to have all new footage after waiting 4 months :lol:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

Where to start...?

1. I love how the VFs are reminiscent of previous ones...we've already noted the Skull colors...now Mikhail is DEFINITELY the new Max!

2. I wonder about the fact that the Vajra returned as soon as Ranka started singing...they're drawn to music somehow (is this the return of Spiritia, as others have suggested?)

3. The "Minmay Rescue Moment" was WAY more intense than I thought it would be.

4. Fire Bomber...? Ozma likes oldies, I guess...

5. What was the deal with collecting Alto and Ranka's blood?

6. That ending shot...a perfect triangle...

It's official...I'm completely hooked.

What Ranka has going on doesn't make me think spiritia. I dunno what it is, but I'd wager its something new.

We can now establish that NUNS and SMS had prior knowledge of the Big Red Space Monsters. We gave a flashback of Ranka in what I would guess is an escape pod, as the ship she was on (I am assuming) gets crushed by a Big Red.

The Varja aren't mecha, that is for sure. Nice blue blood there. And they certainly seemed to be homing in on Ranka, and then Sheryl at the end of the episode. Once again, I don't think its an accident she is on that ship, at that location.

Edited by Duke Togo

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

Where to start...?

5. What was the deal with collecting Alto and Ranka's blood?

It's official...I'm completely hooked.

Someone posted earlier something about the blood of those who come in contact with the Varja.

Wait wait, did Ranka call Alto "Hime-sama" at the end of the episode? LOL

Sheryl comes off much better in episode 2 than she does in 1.

Looking at the episode 3 promo, i'm not so sure Sheryl doesn't go down there with them as well. It doesn't look like it at first, but how else does she escape?

Edited by Duke Togo

*sings with everyone*

It's a new Frontier~ :lol:

This episode is made of win. I'm glad this came out in time to help me recover from the bad joke that is Gundam 00.

Also...

I was thrilled to hear Fire Bomber's Totsugeki Love Heart. I love callbacks! I'm just hoping to see Aparai Genki show up somewhere

:lol:

Amazing episode!

I love what they're doing with the CG animation, I know there were some comments about some freezed-frame shots ( >_> ) but come on, If there's anything on TV (or OVA for that matter) that competes with what Satelight is doing, please point it out to me, the editing was a lot better than the broadcast of EP1, the pacing was excellent, the chase was awesome! really blown away so far, I hope they keep this level of quality through the whole thing :)

Okay, that was nice.

And now the obligatory questions:

-

What did Alto say that got him punched in the face and then literally thrown out of SMS HQ?

-

What were Ranka and Sheryl singing (and popped up as the new ED, IIRC)? It sounded faintly like

Cinderella at first, but then went off on an R&B tangent...

-

Who the heck is the purple-haired girl?

Episode 2 was the equivalent of a good chicken soup for my cold. I love a good episode of Macross when I'm sick. :)

I think Alto said to Ozma to let him get on board a valkyrie or something before he gets a knuckle sandwich.

Also, I love the fact that Mikhail/Michel has a sniper rifle. That was cool in my book. At the same time we now know Luca flies an AWACs package on his 25.

you might be referring to .....

Alto

?

No, he's talking about the chick with the grossly oversized breasts. Don't recall her name, seems like a side character.

BTW, is it just me, or is Luca a little short for s Stormtrooper? He's like, 12, and he's flying a VF-25.

Oh, hey, what's the deal with Sheryl's earings? Well, earing, you only ever see one. They seem to like to focus on it or draw attention to it in any shot of her.

Awesome

- Yay, VF with a combat knife

- Fire fighter destroid

- match with the manga story line means we can get to see Klein Klanwhatishername in episode 4.

- Original Macross homage, rescuing Ranka who's about to "fall" into space, and next episode, three people trapped in some section of a ship

I'm gonna read the manga now.....

Ok screw my resolution I watched it anyway :lol:

Boy.... that was juset amazingly awesome :o

I loved everyt second of it, the action was just as awesome as the first episodes. Can't wait for the next one.... and most importantly : I need subs ><

Now spoilery stuff....

As we thought the NUNS definitly had prior contact with the Varja. Of course question remains : what they HECK they are ?

There were some theories about the Varja maybe seeking Sheryl... after this I've got to wonder if they aren't searching for Ranka instead. The reaction to her was quite interesting.... after her cry they seemed to just drop everything and run away, while her singing just basically drive 'em back at the end of the ep. Speaking of wish I love Ranka's singing ! We can obviously expect her to have a major role against the Varja down the road (Listen to Ranka's Song ! Radically fire !)

Other than that i loved all the little touches to the previous Macross. The whole Alto saving Ranka was awesome... Bridge Bunnies wheehee ! :lol:

That SMS Bridge Commander gave me a Global vibes. And yeah yeah Kathy Glass feels Misa of course, Fire Bomber playing on the radio (BOMBER !!!). Sheryl going all Minmay-Anonymous :lol: (though it seems to work better on Ranka than Hikaru), and of course Max... I mean err Mikhail, I mean I masically cried out "Yay that's MAX !" when he transformed !

My my that's an amazing series.

-Sergorn

Edited by Sergorn

No, he's talking about the chick with the grossly oversized breasts. Don't recall her name, seems like a side character.

BTW, is it just me, or is Luca a little short for s Stormtrooper? He's like, 12, and he's flying a VF-25.

Oh, hey, what's the deal with Sheryl's earings? Well, earing, you only ever see one. They seem to like to focus on it or draw attention to it in any shot of her.

You mean

the chick with glasses named Nanase who works at the same place as Ranka?