Short Circuit remake

Thank god! It's about time this story got a remake. Hopefully they'll gut the pansy ass pacifist story line and make it a proper war movie where johnny 5 leads a battalion of war droids in a desperate attempt to defeat an eco terrorist group that's holding a wealthy suburban mc mansion community hostage.

I heard about this a while back. They said it was due for a 2008 release but I've not seen any teasers or anything so I'm guessing it's been pushed back. According to IMDB Tim Blaney, the voice of Johnny 5 will also be returning. Hmm.

I heard about this a while back. They said it was due for a 2008 release but I've not seen any teasers or anything so I'm guessing it's been pushed back. According to IMDB Tim Blaney, the voice of Johnny 5 will also be returning. Hmm.

Fanboys rejoice at the news but are dismayed to learn that role of Captain Skroeder will now be played by Hugo Weaving. When asked why the much loved GW Bailey was cut, film producers stated that they believed a more menacing presence was needed to balance out Johnny 5's new hulking weapon heavy design and had this to say on the matter, "We thought about giving GW Bailey a cameo or having him voice another robot but ultimately we couldn't find a proper place for him in the film."

Fanboys are still up in arms about Johnny 5's design change to incorporate bipedal reverse joint legs and striking blue flame paint job. One such fan, calling himself "Johnny_5_lover" had this to say, " Johnny 5 is an iconic design, he uses TREADS for locomation man, he's not some stupid chicken walking timber wolf wannabe!"

Thank god! It's about time this story got a remake. Hopefully they'll gut the pansy ass pacifist story line and make it a proper war movie where johnny 5 leads a battalion of war droids in a desperate attempt to defeat an eco terrorist group that's holding a wealthy suburban mc mansion community hostage.

Thats not a bad pitch!

Honestly, if they remake this...who cares? I don't think there are any die-hard Short Circuit fans out there that are cringing. Even so...face facts, you're getting old, and times change.

Hmm...

I don't see the point of remaking this...

but - then again - I guess movies are starting to be more and more like theater- always a director who wants to put his own spin on the "classics."

VFTF1

OH MY GOD!!! I'm gonna have to watch this when I am not at work. <_< For some reason my emplyer frowns on me watching videos and being on MW while at work. :angry: I CAN'T WAIT!

BTW Gaijin Your avatar is AWESOME!!!

:ph34r:

Fanboys are still up in arms about Johnny 5's design change to incorporate bipedal reverse joint legs and striking blue flame paint job. One such fan, calling himself "Johnny_5_lover" had this to say, " Johnny 5 is an iconic design, he uses TREADS for locomation man, he's not some stupid chicken walking timber wolf wannabe!"

Screw the fanboys. I'm all for a hulking death-engine of a Johnny 5 that doesn't need a wheelchair ramp. (Not that bipedal reverse joints handle stairs any better... ED-209, anyone?). Maybe I'm some sorta anti-fanboy on this one, since I think the original Johnny 5 voice is too much of a pansy voice for such an intimidating military robot.

I'm curious to see what they do with this. Can't be much worse than the sequal was. I'd certainly like to see the design tweaked. There are plenty of robots in use in the real world, by both police and military, that use tracks and can navigate stairs. I'd like to see them lose the caster off his chassis. Even as a kid, I couldn't see that working well on rough terrain.

A Johnny 5 remake would have to look like a robot about humanoid sized and will not look too awkward in general public so i guess a giant timber-wolf/ED clone won't work. If anything we'd probably see an AIBO-esque (AIBO's the dog...forgot what the humanoid was called) machine with some sort of beam cannon that can fly and transform is currently the US's top secret UAV project. :lol: