Work in progress

Mr. Anderson

Ok so I stopped working on my 1/100 scale valkryie, for now :rolleyes: I just couldn't resist the temptation to begin working on this battroid. I started out by putting together some body parts as you can see in the picture. They can be broken down into smaller parts for later when I go to paint them. Im going to keep going forward with putting together what I can and then I will start fixing all the seams and do all the tedious sanding. <_<

post-7597-1207265258_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so here it is. My first attempt at doing the pre-shade weathering. I thought it turned out pretty damned good! ^_^ I did all the seam filling and wet sanding. Then did the pre-shade with Tamiya Flat Black. After it dried for a lil while I went over it in small coats with Tamiya Flat White. How long should I let it dry before I put a coat of Future on it??

post-7597-1208121796_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208121856_thumb.jpg

Looks perfect awesome job, for drying it depends... flat colours dry very fast so a few hours can be enough, I tend to leave flat painted items for a minimum of about 24 hours but I find a couple of days is best to let the paint harden. Nothing worse than doing a really nice paint job then scewing it up with finger prints. It would be ideal now only to handle the pieces with latex gloves to avoid oil and grim from your skin as this can affect paint. Awesome work!!!!!

Looks perfect awesome job, for drying it depends... flat colours dry very fast so a few hours can be enough, I tend to leave flat painted items for a minimum of about 24 hours but I find a couple of days is best to let the paint harden. Nothing worse than doing a really nice paint job then scewing it up with finger prints. It would be ideal now only to handle the pieces with latex gloves to avoid oil and grim from your skin as this can affect paint. Awesome work!!!!!

Yeah my wife got me a whole box of latex gloves from work. :lol: I'll be using them all the time now. How long do you usually let the future dry? Also, when is a good time to start the panel washing? Thanks again for the support!

Had some time to do a lil prepping tonight. Figured I try out my D-cam on the tri-pod. Test out the macro. I used a toothpick,new exacto blade, tamiya masking tape, with blue painters tape. Also wore latex gloves. The tamiya tape wasnt that sticky, so it was easy to manipulate. Included a shot of one of the legs with pre-shading. Used flat black for that. Then airbrushed in small coats with flat white till I recieved desired amount of shading.

post-7597-1208412927_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208413100_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208413163_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208413198_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208413394_thumb.jpg

post-7597-1208413416_thumb.jpg

Looking good and I guess you are having fun. :)

Good progress so far. I took months to get to where you are now. I am just too slow.

I am about to put some finishing touch to the VF-0S that I am working on and I think this is a great model.

Do you get the feeling that you can't wait to see the finish product? :) I do. And that causes me to rush and result in mistakes. I hope you are a more patient man than me.

Not sure if this is the effect you are aiming for, but I notice that you paint finish is a bit on the grainny side.

I normally like to get a smoother finish, so I try to thin my paint much more then normal. This way I do have to paint more layers/coats, because each only lay down very little paint, but it turn out smoother.

But for a battoriod, some grainny surface with some right weathering looks great too. Muck like a tank or heavy armour does.

Hope you will continue to have fun.

Looking good and I guess you are having fun. :)

Good progress so far. I took months to get to where you are now. I am just too slow.

I am about to put some finishing touch to the VF-0S that I am working on and I think this is a great model.

Do you get the feeling that you can't wait to see the finish product? :) I do. And that causes me to rush and result in mistakes. I hope you are a more patient man than me.

Not sure if this is the effect you are aiming for, but I notice that you paint finish is a bit on the grainny side.

I normally like to get a smoother finish, so I try to thin my paint much more then normal. This way I do have to paint more layers/coats, because each only lay down very little paint, but it turn out smoother.

But for a battoriod, some grainny surface with some right weathering looks great too. Muck like a tank or heavy armour does.

Hope you will continue to have fun.

Thanks for the tip! ^_^ I did notice that it looked like that , but I thought it looked good. Gave it a bit of texture. Im going to try and do some of the pin striping today.