Star Wars toys

Bought my son the large Hasbro AT-TE for his 6th birthday, as he's been asking for it for over a year now. Will be giving it to him when I get home tonight.

But I wrapped it up before checking what type of batteries it needs. Can anybody let me know ASAP, so I can pick up the correct type of batteries.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its out in Australia at Target stores, $49AUD. cool to see you paneled it up so quick craig. Mines still sitting clean on the shelf, trying to intimidate the old AT AT.

Still trying to find new AT AT but no luck yet...

Its out in Australia at Target stores, $49AUD. cool to see you paneled it up so quick craig. Mines still sitting clean on the shelf, trying to intimidate the old AT AT.

Still trying to find new AT AT but no luck yet...

There were a few at Target Eastgardens the other day at $199. They will be reduced to $149 during the Target sale from the 22nd of July. link

Ah, they are appearing then! cool. Guess my locals( canberra) are just not putting it out till closer to sale. Will only nab at sale price, but maybe will layby it if theres only a couple, and cancel/rebuy at the time!

Did you notice any of the new Luke bespin fatigues or Leia slave or hoth version? I cannot for the life of me find them around here, and i thought they were out?

Funny, the Speeder Bike that comes with the AT-AT is the upgraded Deluxe AOTC one with accurate handles and rubber hoses (which is good), but the Driver figure is not the same as the new carded one which features ball joints on waist, elbows and ankles.

Hey, Scream Man, I've been looking for reviews of the new Snowspeeder all over the internet with no luck. Any chance of a small review of yours?

Ah, they are appearing then! cool. Guess my locals( canberra) are just not putting it out till closer to sale. Will only nab at sale price, but maybe will layby it if theres only a couple, and cancel/rebuy at the time!

Did you notice any of the new Luke bespin fatigues or Leia slave or hoth version? I cannot for the life of me find them around here, and i thought they were out?

I saw a Leia in slave gear, I think it had a separate kneeling torso in the package. :unsure:

lol, the separete piece is quite disturbing when viewed by itself from the pics on the net I have seen ! But that is the figure I was trying to find. Hopefully she will turn up around here soon then =)

I'll let scream man make a proper review if he wants, and while Im no expert on them, this vehicle seems to be as accurate as you could want in a mass produced toy.

- Swap out rear harpoon gun thats either small, movie accurate, or large, firing version

- Swap out main cannons, again, smaller movie accurate or fat firing versions

- one removeable engine cover on sides

- opening air brakes

- single drop down front landing foot

-cockpit that has nice detail, and actually can fit figures quite well

Buy it.

You wont regret it !

Craig can post pics and elaborate if he wants LOL.

- Swap out rear harpoon gun thats either small, movie accurate, or large, firing version

This is a feature I really love, 'cause I hate those fat ugly launchers. First saw it on the new AT-ST. I only wish they'd provided something similar on the new Millennium Falcon for the top turret. Launching off two of the gun barrels as "missiles" is the only thing that detracts from that for me.

lol, the separete piece is quite disturbing when viewed by itself from the pics on the net I have seen ! But that is the figure I was trying to find. Hopefully she will turn up around here soon then =)

I'll let scream man make a proper review if he wants, and while Im no expert on them, this vehicle seems to be as accurate as you could want in a mass produced toy.

- one removeable engine cover on sides

- opening air brakes

- single drop down front landing foot

-cockpit that has nice detail, and actually can fit figures quite well

Buy it.

You wont regret it !

Craig can post pics and elaborate if he wants LOL.

Ah, cool! Thanks Sam, that's more or less what I wanted to hear. One more thing: is the canopy as loose as the earlier versions or does it hold tighter at the hinge this time?

Sam covered it pretty well. the ship is a dream come true, and a great toy. Small let downs might be lack of ccontrols in the drivers side cockpit, and the smaller harpoon gun at the back not actually having the harpoon detailed onto it. But really those are minor quibbles; Its a great toy! the missile firing front guns actually look pretty badass, and Im giving serous thought to leaving them on permanenty instead of the other ones.

i also now have the Cloud car, which i really like as well. The detail is amazing, from the cockpits down to the engine hatches at the front. The slide out side missiles are actually very well implimented. i personally leave out the centremissiles for a cleaner look, but they look fine when in as well. All in all, I think this will be a bt of a sleeper hit, and suggest people give it a chance.

Also the blue and white republic tank looks amazing, and will be next on my list for sure!

More SW cross over, enjoy the show !

From what line of Gundam toys do those particular figures come from? They don't look like MSIA, Fix or Plamo. Are they Gashapon?

• 3 weeks later...

picked up the tru exclusive legacy of the dark side darth vader and boba fett sets. pretty cool. saw the grevious set too but when i went back it was gone.

Had a big Clone Wars battle with my 6 year old son this morning. Great fun. Clones vs Droids. The clones won of course, but it was close, as the sneaky Death Watch leader joined sides with the Droids.

I think the Droids need a tank to make it more even, but the trouble is getting my wife to agree. She already thinks I have my son has too many Star Wars toys! LOL! :p

Graham

post-11-128185131588_thumb.jpg

post-11-128185143417_thumb.jpg

Neat, I guess no Jedi's.

Only a couple. Obi Wan and Plo Koon. My son likes Clone Troopers much more than Jedi, as do I. We'll probably pick up Anakin at some time, but no hurry.

We also have Darth "I can kill you with a tray" Vader.....LOL!

Graham

In recent years, I've limited myself to the Vintage Collection figures. I purchased the $150 "supersized" Millennium Falcon back in 2008, and decided that I was going to only purchase ESB-era figures to crew the ship with. It's taken two years, but with Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia and the new C-3PO, I'm finally done. Of all the new Vintage figures, I'm most impressed with Threepio. FINALLY we get a fully-posable protocol droid with elbow joints! I also like how most of his "gold plating" can be removed to reveal his "Episode I endoskeleton" underneath. I mostly like the fact that we now have a Threepio that can assume the proper stance, both with his arms and legs.