Star Wars toys

It was the awesome of awesome, but strangely it's not the first uber Luke dream i've had, maybe a couple of months ago, and then a year before, and i'm not the most advent fan of Star Wars, just weird i get all these cool dreams of him training or smighting DBZ Jedi style.

Gonna hop on local ebil bay and see what i can find.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ahh man i had the best dream last night, now i'm clamouring for a kick ass Luke fig.

I am really serious about modifying a Revy fig and trying this and that to recreate Luke in a bad ass poseable figure.

This dream, man, he was literally Skywalking in the skies, just Luke and the clouds and he was doing all soughts of spinning

somersaulting Lightsaber katas... using force pushes/jumps to keep himself in the air, and he was full on miles up in the sky.

ahh you guys should have seen it. Dreams like this draw me back into Star Wars fandom. Non-canon maybe but i don't care, LUKE RULES.

Now what can i buy. Someone temp me with a Luke fig.

there was a book where Luke "levitated" by walking on little force platforms so it's plausible he would eventually perfect the technique to where he could do that way up in the sky.

sweet, or somehow conjur up some sought of force effect that pulls and pushes air particles or something in that regard to make him into some force fueled wind rider... i may be talking out of my ass though. "MY ASS!" - Betty

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:( *waves hand back in retalliation* "You will reveal the where abouts of this secret uber Luke Skywalker figure.." :ph34r:

Somebody ring? :p

post-3595-1228376312_thumb.jpg

I've also got a pic of this modified Luke doing the classic ROTJ pose on Jabba's barge.

It's too bad my old laptop crashed though; I used to have some other pics of this sucker sporting a big ol' Jedi cloak.

.......I should really try to snap some "replacement" pics of my toy collections this weekend.

I saw a Youtube review of a guy who bought a Holiday Yoda bobble head at Target. He mentioned it was in the bargain bins in the seasonal holiday section.

Edit: I picked up the Holiday Yoda for $5.99. Yoda is dressed as Santa carrying a sack of toys. They also had a holiday Jawa opening a Christmas gift of a Jedi training remote.

Edit again: At my local Wal-mart they had the Lando/Stormtrooper comic pack for $5.44. All others were still $12.99. Also, I did see the Cade Skywalker with his lightsaber and hilt included at both Target and Wal-mart.

Edited by sharky

Sorry for the double post, but I had another thing to discuss. Would people be interested in doing a swap for Build-a-Droid parts? I usually never buy enough figures to make anything.

For example I would be interested in making an R4-J1 since I have 2 of the parts already

R4-J1

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBADr4j1.asp

I have these parts to trade:

R7-T1 left leg(came with Padme) http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBADr7t1.asp

R4-D6 right leg(came with sandstorm, deleted scene, Luke) http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcBADr4d6.asp

MB-RA7 head (came with 2-piece helmet, Darth Vader) http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBADMBRA7.asp

MB-RA7 body (came with Commander Faie)

C-3PX body (came with Kit Fisto/R4-H5 droid factory set) http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcDFc3px.asp

C-3PX right arm (came with Luke/R2-D2 droid factory set)

5D6-RA7 right arm (came with Kashyyyk trooper) http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBAD5D6RA7.asp

5D6-RA7 left leg (came with Darth Vader)

I am interested in getting:

R4-J1 body(came with Lancer driod)

R4-J1 left leg (came with Obi-Wan)

Edit: Never mind. I ended up getting the Lancer droid and Obi-wan to complete my R4-J1. I still wouldn't mind trading someone if I have a part that they need.

Edited by sharky

Somebody ring? :p

post-3595-1228376312_thumb.jpg

I've also got a pic of this modified Luke doing the classic ROTJ pose on Jabba's barge.

It's too bad my old laptop crashed though; I used to have some other pics of this sucker sporting a big ol' Jedi cloak.

.......I should really try to snap some "replacement" pics of my toy collections this weekend.

Oi i got that one! He's the best ROTJ type Luke imo. Face sculpt a little off though, unfortunately shorter too

so that means i can't replace a head off a better fig (like cloud city Luke, taller fig)

Interesting, gotta show us this modified Luke! :)

I've got both those, and the flight suit Luke (being the best out of 3) and my mod of the Shadow Speeder biker, all i did was rip the head off

my 2nd Cloud city Luke (my bro didn't know i had one already but i'm glad he got me it) and placed it on the shadow rider's body, looks kick ass.

I know, i need to take pics.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/darth-snow.jpg

I bought this, I will take pics myself tomorrow.

That is really... COOL.. and cute.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I heard the new Luke vs Clone Emperor comic pack is out, both figures are fully articulated, and look great, I hope I find one soon. So far the best comic pack seems to be the Legacy set with the Imperial Knights. I heard those turned out great except for their hoods.

Damn I love the attention that the EU is getting. I hope we are not far from getting a fully articulated Revan with cloth robe, fully articulated Bastila figure, Candarous Ordo as Mandalore, KOTOR Mandolorians, and many other game characters. I LOVE KOTOR! Even the Sith troopers from Kotor, I want to see those guys too! I'd even go for a battle pack of Mandolorians in different colored armors and a ton of accessories, mainly melee weapons. Need a Mission Vao and Zalbar too, even if they may not be in the comics yet(haven't read the KOTOR book too much), those two should come together, since they are best friends and aren't seen separetely much.

Hell even a redone Malak and Revan in a comic pack would do well for me too. So long as both are fully articulated, both have more accurate head sculpts(the current Malak figure has eyes wide open, while in game it is much different, and Revan figure has an inaccurate mask), and possibly more accessories, maybe a transparent mini Star Forge replica(or the hologram that shows up in the middle).

Shoot, if they're gonna completely re-do Malak (which I'm guessing they won't), here's what I'd like to see:

* Make the bastard taller. The guy's supposed to be this intimidating presence.

* Get rid of the wrinkled head. I know it's supposed to make him look more "Sith-y." But seriously, Malak would look much more bad-ass with a smooth cueball head.

* Make the jawpiece smaller, or just get rid of the removeable feature altogether. The last one was way, way too bulky-looking. If we can see a neck, then the jawpiece will be the right size.

* Soft-goods HALF cape. Look at the video game for reference. That cape of ol' Malak ain't a full one.

* Soft-goods back tabbards. Completely missing on the original figure. And soft-goods wouldn't muck up the articulation too much.

* Super articulation.

On another topic, anyone know whether the Build-A-Droid HK-47 will have reasonable articulation? Or should I just anticipate neck-shoulder-hip articulation only?

Regarding the build-a-droids, it's sort of hit or miss. Some of the non-astromech driods have good articulation while other do not.

The C-3PX that comes from all the Droid Factory 2-packs has good articulation

C-3PX

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...X/tlcDF-129.jpg

While other ones have more limited articulation

5D6-RA7

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/...ra7/TLC-019.jpg

One would hope that a cool droid like HK-47 will be more like C-3PX. But, since the HK-47 would fall under the regular build-a-droid category as opposed to the Driod Factory sets I worry that he will be more like 5D6-RA7.

I heard the new Luke vs Clone Emperor comic pack is out, both figures are fully articulated, and look great, I hope I find one soon. So far the best comic pack seems to be the Legacy set with the Imperial Knights. I heard those turned out great except for their hoods.

Damn I love the attention that the EU is getting. I hope we are not far from getting a fully articulated Revan with cloth robe, fully articulated Bastila figure, Candarous Ordo as Mandalore, KOTOR Mandolorians, and many other game characters. I LOVE KOTOR! Even the Sith troopers from Kotor, I want to see those guys too! I'd even go for a battle pack of Mandolorians in different colored armors and a ton of accessories, mainly melee weapons. Need a Mission Vao and Zalbar too, even if they may not be in the comics yet(haven't read the KOTOR book too much), those two should come together, since they are best friends and aren't seen separetely much.

Hell even a redone Malak and Revan in a comic pack would do well for me too. So long as both are fully articulated, both have more accurate head sculpts(the current Malak figure has eyes wide open, while in game it is much different, and Revan figure has an inaccurate mask), and possibly more accessories, maybe a transparent mini Star Forge replica(or the hologram that shows up in the middle).

Hmm, thanks for the heads up, i'll keep an eye out. :D

My bro got the mara jade / luke comic pack, Luke's helmet has great detail... but wasn't keen on getting one for myself.

I saw this cool multipack today at Toys r Us, but I had to pass it up because I need to keep my budget in check. I wish I had the funds to get it as I'm sure it will be sold out soon at the store. They only had 3 left.

I like that it has the clone trooper with jet pack like we've seen in The Clone Wars movie and series. Notice the painted weapons.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3310990

The also had the battle droid pack as well.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3310989

Edited by sharky

OMG! OMG! Tramampoline!

Walmart has the Force FX lightsabers on clearance at their online store. They have Luke(ANH/ESB)/Anakin(ROTS), Obi-wan, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Darth Maul all for $50 each. If you do site-to-store the shipping is free, and the standard shipping was only $.97 for me.

Go and get em!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do...0&Find=Find

Edit: Correction: I mistakenly wrote that they have a Luke light saber. I suppose you can use Anakin's as Luke's for ANH and ESB.

Edited by sharky

That's a very sweet Clone Troopers battle pack. Coincidentally, I finally got around to playing Battlefront II, so I find this set very tempting, dammit.

As an ardent Battlefront II fan, I got both packs when they were first released. IMHO, the clone troopers pack is definitely worth it. The droid pack, not so much. The figures have little to no articulation and most can't hold their accessories.

OMG! OMG! Tramampoline!

Walmart has the Force FX lightsabers on clearance at their online store. They have Luke, Anakin, Obi-wan, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Darth Maul all for $50 each. If you do site-to-store the shipping is free, and the standard shipping was only $.97 for me.

Go and get em!

Very nice. If only they sell them in Canada... :unsure:

So what is the BEST lightsaber out there? If i wanted a Luke Skywalker Green (maybe i could be tempted with his blue that got lost down in Bespin's lower city limits :p ) would i go replica, or maybe FX? Don't care about price differences. Although if you got em note how much they would be.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OMG! OMG! Tramampoline!

Walmart has the Force FX lightsabers on clearance at their online store. They have Luke, Anakin, Obi-wan, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Darth Maul all for $50 each. If you do site-to-store the shipping is free, and the standard shipping was only $.97 for me.

Go and get em!

Crap!!!!!! Now I feel stupid for getting it for $115 when it first came out. Still looking for the Luke Return of the Jedi FX light saber. :ph34r::ph34r:

So what is the BEST lightsaber out there? If i wanted a Luke Skywalker Green (maybe i could be tempted with his blue that got lost down in Bespin's lower city limits :p ) would i go replica, or maybe FX? Don't care about price differences. Although if you got em note how much they would be.

These Force FX are pretty neat. They have sound effects as you use it. It's got a power up sound when you turn it on. Then it hums at various pitches when you swing it around. It has a clashing sound when you hit another object. Finally, it has a power down sound when you turn it off. The hilt is mostly metal IIRC. I'm trying to remember when I used my brother's a couple of years ago. I just remember being very impressed when I handled it. The blade is none removable, and it can withstand moderate play. They are durable, but I wouldn't go off and bang the crap out of it. These are officially licensed replicas.

Another cool one is to get this one which has swappable parts to make different versions or your own custom one. There is a switch to change the blade color to red, green, or blue. IMO, the hilts look a little off because of the interchangeability of parts. Check out the video on this site to get an idea of how the Force FX sabers look and function.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...?number=MRSW616

A really cool non-licensed light saber can be found here. http://www.parksabers.com/

From what I know there are two different kinds. They are all hand made and have removable blades. So, you can swap blades to get different colors. Neither have sound effects. The EL Saber is a standard lightsaber, but I was told that they are very well made. The other kind, Phase Sabers, glow even brighter, and they have two modes. One is your standard mode, and then they have the Phase mode. The Phase mode is sort of like a strobe effect, so when you use it you see a motion blur with the naked eye.

From the Parks Sabers website:

"The Phaseâ„¢ saber program flashes the blade just above the highest rate that the human eye can separate images. When the blade is moved, your eye will see the "actual" blade position as well as the "previous" blade position."

Edited by sharky

I remember there being a very long thread specifically about sabers a while back, it might be worth digging that one up. There was a lot of description about the various types available. My personal favorite was the bluetooth enabled one that would coordinate sound effects to motions via a computer program. You could be swinging the thing around, and have the sound effects broadcast over a stereo system, instead of a piddly little internal speaker. ^_^

Btw, FINALLY figured out where all the A-wings were stashed at my local Wal-Mart.. turns out they expanded the toys to a couple more aisles to make room for the holiday stock. There were stacks of them up on a shelf, way in the back. Kinda sad to see them sit, but oh well, more for me :)

This new sculpt really is nice, I love that they finally got rid of the clear inserts in the exhaust. The figure is great as well, very detailed and articulated. My only quibbles with it are the canopy and gear designs. The canopy just falls open because there's literally nothing to hold it shut besides gravity, and the gear collapse pretty easily due to that bent leg design they used.

I dunno if I'll modify this one any, but I'm very tempted to rebuild the guns to the proper shape and darken the glove vane ..err.... missile launcher slots. Having the little secondary probes on the guns stick that far out has always bugged me about this toy. Fortunately it's a simple cut and paste operation to fix them, since that's the unpainted part of the guns.

Check out the 2009 Titanium releases. I don't like that the are putting out so many repaints, but I suppose some people like it if they are trying to build a squadron or something.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats...ries_119850.asp

Is it just me or does the astromech on Obi-wans starfighter look removable.

Edited by sharky

I got my Force FX lightsaber today. Overall, I am pleased with it. I got the Obi-wan saber which, according the box, is the Ep III version.

The hilt seems to be almost all metal including the black, gold, and brown pieces. The switch is plastic as well as the electronic assembly, the speaker of which shows through on the bottom. It has a good balance and weight to it. The speaker seems to be plenty loud. It takes 3 AAA batteries.

I like the way the blade powers on in that the light starts from the hilt and extends out as the activation sound is playing. It does the reverse during the power down sequence.

I did have a QC problem with mine. There is a retaining cylinder that slides over the electronic assembly to help retain the batteries. This retaining cylinder is held in place by a small screw. The head of the screw was severely stripped when I got it which prevented me from removing the retaining cylinder. I ended up drilling out the screw and destroying the screw in the process. The good news is that the retaining cylinder is notched and when you put it back in the hilt it is held in place. The screw is just an added way to secure it.

I was going to call Hasbro customer service, but they close the customer service hotline early on Friday. Monday, I'm going to request a replacement part and see what happens.

Here's a pic of the most recent addition to my SW collection:

post-3595-1230327162_thumb.jpg

Cool figure, but would have been much better if they gave Grievous ball-jointed hips or ball jointed knees.

As promised ruskii, here's a pic of that custom Luke sporting a cloak. It's basically just a Darth Vader cloak, so there's no hood in the back.

post-3595-1230327455_thumb.jpg

Lastly, this is just a "stylish" pose pic of two brothers going down different paths:

post-3595-1230327342_thumb.jpg

Hi G-man

i bought one for my kid (X mas) and the legs DO fall easily.... way too easy. It is a poorly designed toy IMO, and considering the price tag it is a huge let down if not a straight rip off.

Anyways I did fix the problem, I can post some pics later if you want... it looks diffcult to do but if you have the tools it is actally pretty easy.

After the legs stay in place, the toy is truly amazing.

quote name='Graham' date='Dec 1 2008, 08:59 PM' post='686711']

Was considering getting the big AT TE, but I've been reading online about how the legs fall off too easily.

Anyboday have it and have this problem.

Graham