Bandai 'chunky monkey' 1/55 re-reissues

Shaggydog

Another wishful thinking item for me (and I am sure lots of you too) is:

Make the Fast Packs Super and Strike parts available by themselves as an add on!!!!!!!

I want to put fastpacks on my Cannon Fodder Chunky and am NOT going to buy a Roy Super just for the super parts!

hlj.com earlybirds are up if anyone is interested.

Origin of Valkyrie (lol?)

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN952859 VF-1J

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN952862 VF-1S (old link) - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN904144

for the price jump we should be getting --- > http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN911853

I'll be waiting for the VT-1 only, not interested in any of the others.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If they do....just think of what the price will be for them. <_< With a VF-1S Roy and a good ol VF-1J Hikky being 90 bones you can expect the M&M's to be a crazy high price.

On the bright side...for you maybe...my 1/55 reissue Miria did not sell on eBay and I still have it if you are interested. ;)

:ph34r:

I mean to ask you about those custom armor parts for the 1/55 VF-1J Max/Miria you sold on eBay not too long ago. They looked really good. Did you make them yourself?

The 1/55 Hikaru and Roy cost 6800 yen back in 2002 and now they cost 7800 yen 6 years later. That increase can probably be due to 1 part inflation and 1 part greed. Given that the 2002 line didn't sell that well and was abruptly aborted, I hope that Bandai is improving the old 1/55's this time if they want them to fly off the shelves.

I mean to ask you about those custom armor parts for the 1/55 VF-1J Max/Miria you sold on eBay not too long ago. They looked really good. Did you make them yourself?

No...another member here by the name of SilverDragon made them. He did do an excelent job.

Could it be that BanDai are only re-issuing the standard VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max & Millia and VF-1S Focker is because they do not have the licenses for the other valks? The VF-1S Strike Hikaru, VE-1, VT-1 are all from the DYRL animation!

On that note I also hope that they make the heads extend-able so that they have some neck too. I always disliked how the chunky vf-1j looks like it has no neck.

Agreed. And while they're at it, they could ditch those clunky metal bars and add a proper swing bar that tucks nicely away in fighter mode. And maybe they should also put some finger digits on those hands? In fact- removable vents and a built in perfect transformation heat shield would also make this toy a lot more solid. And maybe a nice antena that is retractable in gerwalk mode?

While they're at it, they could also make these in 1/48 scale.

VFTF1

Agreed. And while they're at it, they could ditch those clunky metal bars and add a proper swing bar that tucks nicely away in fighter mode. And maybe they should also put some finger digits on those hands? In fact- removable vents and a built in perfect transformation heat shield would also make this toy a lot more solid. And maybe a nice antena that is retractable in gerwalk mode?

While they're at it, they could also make these in 1/48 scale.

VFTF1

LOL! :lol: Have you ever heard of Yamato?

.... I know. It was a joke....

Nice one Bandai Bring out the old stuff again, and don't bother updating. Anything Bandai commited to new Macross products "my arse" nothing new here I will just keep my old ones thnaks.

I still see the 1/55 as the epitome of perfection in a transforming toy. I appreciated the tampo printing on the reissues but anything beyond that might spoil the integrity of the original and probably wouldn't be something I'd be interested in enough to buy. If Bandai were to think about updating the VF-1, I'd rather see them do an all new take on it rather than make any drastic changes to the classic 1/55.

Edited by eriku

I like the Bandai VFs for what they are - they fit with my love of chunky G1 Transformers but just completely don't do it for me with Macross...

I don't know why but...

I prefer my Macross to be perfect transformation aka Yamato

I prefer my Transformers to be chunky aka Encore/Reissue/G1

I prefer my Star Wars to be Lego (sadly I only have the ROTJ Droids at Jabba's Door...really need to do something about that)...

Why I prefer them this way? I don't know...

VFTF1

Cool! As much as I love all the new stuff, the 1/55 is an enduring classic. And an immediate nostalgia rush for anybody that grew up with this, the best toy I could get my hands on in the 80's.

That being said, I'd be interested in the VF-1J if it has a heatshiled (replaceable canopy style, like the rest of 2002 releases) and after that, I'm really only interested in what the didn't get around to producing in 2002.

Elintseeker

Super Ostrich

VF-1S Strike

GBP Armor

Of course they'll start with the two most popular valks. Let's just hope they decide to give the fans what they've wanted forever this time.

Of course they'll start with the two most popular valks. Let's just hope they decide to give the fans what they've wanted forever this time.

I don't think it's really fair to say "the fans" have been craving those valks. The diehard collectors have been craving those valks but the reason they're never reissued is because the average fan has not... although I imagine a strike reissue would sell pretty well.

I don't think it's really fair to say "the fans" have been craving those valks. The diehard collectors have been craving those valks but the reason they're never reissued is because the average fan has not... although I imagine a strike reissue would sell pretty well.

I may be wrong about this but it seems to me that most macross fans are diehards. Maybe it is just being here on the forum too much though. However I do have a friend who is a big macross fan but not "like us", ya know on macrossworld and with collections and so forth, but anyway when he saw my collection the one thing that he really wanted was my yamato Elintseeker. He is considering getting one which would be his first macross toy since the early 90s.

hmm... seems like the prices of the first reissues are going up on ebay... at one point I was able to buy a VF-1A hikaru for like 30 bucks shipped. Now every thing has gone up to about 50+... interesting. I wonder if these people bidding on these old reissues know that these are being reissued again. :lol::D:p^_^

hmm... seems like the prices of the first reissues are going up on ebay... at one point I was able to buy a VF-1A hikaru for like 30 bucks shipped. Now every thing has gone up to about 50+... interesting. I wonder if these people bidding on these old reissues know that these are being reissued again. :lol::D:p^_^

The 02' and 03' reissues are still cheaper than what Bandai's currently offering.

A 2002 Hikaru VF-1J reissue just sold for $64.99 (before shipping) on ebay.

Bandai's Origin of Valkyrie VF-1J reissue is going to cost 8190円, roughly $79.22 before shipping. However much I love the 1/55 design, I can't see any reason why anyone would pay more for the newer reissue when the old one is exactly the same and can be found for a much lower cost. Maybe the new VF-1J one will finally come with a heatshield, but this isn't going to help out the rest of the line.

The 02' and 03' reissues are still cheaper than what Bandai's currently offering.

A 2002 Hikaru VF-1J reissue just sold for $64.99 (before shipping) on ebay.

Bandai's Origin of Valkyrie VF-1J reissue is going to cost 8190円, roughly $79.22 before shipping. However much I love the 1/55 design, I can't see any reason why anyone would pay more for the newer reissue when the old one is exactly the same and can be found for a much lower cost. Maybe the new VF-1J one will finally come with a heatshield, but this isn't going to help out the rest of the line.

I assume they will have at least a new box design. 1/55 completists will want them for that.

I assume they will have at least a new box design. 1/55 completists will want them for that.

I hope your assumption is correct. But we all know what assuming does :p .

Completists? Probably.

Since this line is called Origin of Valkyrie it would be awesome if they included vintage style Takatoku boxes, complete with Takani's lavish artwork. I'd even settle for modern boxes if they included Tenjin artwork. Alas, we'll probably get something unremarkable.

When you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. Do I win the prize?

:lol::lol::lol: YES!!! YOU WIN!!! I don't know what you won....but YOU WIN!!!