Bandai 'chunky monkey' 1/55 re-reissues

Shaggydog

Consider dollar to yen ratio. Thankfully I needn't worry about this :)

VFTF1

Yep. With the dollar so weak to the Yen I'm not surprised by BBTS's price in the least.

This is one toy that's worth the price though. It's virtually guaranteed to be problem-free.

Anyone know if they'll be reissuing the Max and Milia VF-1J with this latest reissue run?

If they do....just think of what the price will be for them. <_< With a VF-1S Roy and a good ol VF-1J Hikky being 90 bones you can expect the M&M's to be a crazy high price.

On the bright side...for you maybe...my 1/55 reissue Miria did not sell on eBay and I still have it if you are interested. ;)

:ph34r:

If they do....just think of what the price will be for them. <_< With a VF-1S Roy and a good ol VF-1J Hikky being 90 bones you can expect the M&M's to be a crazy high price.

The last time Bandai reissued Max/Miriya, they retailed for the same price as the other valks. It's just that they came at the end of the line, were produced in more limited numbers, and were snapped up by scalpers more so than the others. Don't see why Bandai would charge more for them this time (assuming they're reissued), unless you're buying from a place like Bigbadtoystore, which tends to be a bit more, uh, variable in its markup.

BTW, the Japanese retail of 6550 is pretty much the same as it was the last time--the $90 you're quoting is BBTS's price, which is always a bit higher than what's out there (i.e., you can always look around for a better price).

BTW, the Japanese retail of 6550 is pretty much the same as it was the last time--the $90 you're quoting is BBTS's price, which is always a bit higher than what's out there (i.e., you can always look around for a better price).

True. I remember Joel's prices being cheaper a few years back, but he did start charging more. Maybe laftoys, or tmp will offer a cheaper price.

This is one toy that's worth the price though. It's virtually guaranteed to be problem-free.

And last....quite possibly more than 2 decades. A lot of transfans have vintage Jetfires 2ndhand that have yet to break and are in good condition.

The MSRP appears to be 6550yen. Today's (4/1/08) exchange rate is 100.511 yen to the US Dollar.

That makes the MSRP in US Dollars $65.12.

Now let's talk shipping...EMS for a similarly sized object is around 3200yen ($31.84 US)...SAL 1480yen (14.72 US)

Given this, BBTS price seems to be a right on if you order yours and then ship it EMS...It seems a little high for a retailer, but if you can't wait these out a little bit then by all means feel free to pay $90.00 US (plus whatever BBTS charges for shipping these days) for something that will probably wind up on clearance then be my guest.

Is the price worth it? Yes if they reissue the VE-1, VT-1, and VF-1s strike....for a naked VF-1J or VF-1S, the answer is nope...? Now if the last time Bandai reissued these things is any indication then we will all be picking up discount Valks by Christmas....MMMmmmm....cheap Valks....

The last time Bandai reissued Max/Miriya, they retailed for the same price as the other valks. It's just that they came at the end of the line, were produced in more limited numbers, and were snapped up by scalpers more so than the others. Don't see why Bandai would charge more for them this time (assuming they're reissued), unless you're buying from a place like Bigbadtoystore, which tends to be a bit more, uh, variable in its markup.

Good point! You are absolutly right about it being a more expensive product at BBTS and getting a better price somewhere else. I mearly was just going off of the only pre-order I have seen. THANKS.

Good point! You are absolutly right about it being a more expensive product at BBTS and getting a better price somewhere else. I mearly was just going off of the only pre-order I have seen. THANKS.

Sweet...more reissues. BANDAI's gotta release the other's this time. Bring on the ELINT<OSTRICH<VF1AMAX<VF1D<GBP<and the hik strike.

I bought two of each Bandai reissue last time they were issuing them and I believe I bought 3 of the first issue, what was that called.. TV version Hikaru VF-1J I think. I love the things more than my yamatos. I can wait til july, hoping for the super ostrich.

they better bring out the elint and ostrich soon

heck they should have started with those 1st

I TOTALLY agree! You would think that Bandai would have some sort of "spy" in here by now gathering our ideas.

To start with VF-1S and VF-1J is just boring. If they wanted a good response and big sales then they totally should have started with either, VT-1, VE-1, Strike Hikaru, or (God forbid) finally releasing a VF-1D.

Does nobody get it?

25th anniversary of Macross! It is a total no brainer to come out with a VF-1D to celebrate. That is the first time we see the Jet transform into a robot! I mean Come the freak on! I feel like im on crazy pills!

The fact that Yamato and Bandai have both neglected this obvious fact is just insane! Wacko! :wacko:

You didnt get your VF-1D Miriya? I got mine.

To start with VF-1S and VF-1J is just boring. If they wanted a good response and big sales then they totally should have started with either, VT-1, VE-1, Strike Hikaru, or (God forbid) finally releasing a VF-1D.

Does nobody get it?

25th anniversary of Macross! It is a total no brainer to come out with a VF-1D to celebrate. That is the first time we see the Jet transform into a robot! I mean Come the freak on! I feel like im on crazy pills!

The fact that Yamato and Bandai have both neglected this obvious fact is just insane! Wacko! :wacko:

Does nobody get it?

Oh don't get me started....I'm with you on this kick Brother.

You didnt get your VF-1D Miriya? I got mine.

Sorry for the mistake. I did finally get a Yamato 1/60 V.1 VF-1D, yes. And it is cool.

My complaint here is that Yamato did not make a 1/48 VF-1D to celebrate the 25th anniversary and that Bandai has never made one aside from their original prototype.

Hopefully Yamato will buy the mechanical design works from NMB4M and finally make a 1/48 VF-1D but they will probably not make it in time for a 25th anniversary release.

My hopes on the VF-1D are:

Bandai finally releases a 1/55 VF-1D this year

Yamato finally releases a 1/48 VF-1D this year

Yamato also releases a 1/60 V.2 VF-1D this year

Come on guys. Give the VF-1D some love!

We are all on crazy pills since we are still holding out for the reissues for the elint, ostrich and strike.

This is true.

Bandai could be convinced to make a 1/55 VF-1D if this latest round of reissues sells well. If not, they'll probably assume it's not worth their overhead costs.

I'm sure Bandai must realize by now that the 1/55 Elintseeker and Super Ostrich are the must-have's of the vintage line. But they're probably worried that if they reissue the most-wanted toys first, no one's going to care about the rest of the line. Ironically, no one cares about the rest the line anyways :p

Bandai could be convinced to make a 1/55 VF-1D if this latest round of reissues sells well. If not, they'll probably assume it's not worth their overhead costs.

I'm sure Bandai must realize by now that the 1/55 Elintseeker and Super Ostrich are the must-have's of the vintage line. But they're probably worried that if they reissue the most-wanted toys first, no one's going to care about the rest of the line. Ironically, no one cares about the rest the line anyways :p

Totally. Did they not learn anything from the last time they did reissues?

Obviously they did not because they are starting off with the same old boring valks that we all already have. Of course they will not sell well because everyone that wants one already has one. Such a shame. I just hope that they do release the ones that we want and dont all already have!

Hey Bandai! Most of us fans already have the standard releases that you did last time! Please release the ones that we do not have already! Those would be the Hikaru strike, the VE-1, the VT-1 and ghe VF-1D. But if you want to release the Max and Milia again that would be nice too. Thanks! Anyone there? Anyone? Bueler?

Ironically, no one cares about the rest the line anyways :p

This is also true. I mean....don't get me wrong....I like the chunky....I like the chunky ALOT. In fact...if I was made of money or had a better paying job....I NEVER EVER would have sold my chunky collection. Now I only have a few left :( .

Hey Bandai! Most of us fans already have the standard releases that you did last time! Please release the ones that we do not have already! Those would be the Hikaru strike, the VE-1, the VT-1 and ghe VF-1D. But if you want to release the Max and Milia again that would be nice too. Thanks! Anyone there? Anyone? Bueler?

WHAT HE SAID!!!

I think the best thing that Bandai could do IF they are going to reissue the Elint and Super O would be to release the Focker 1S with the Elint and the Hikaru 1J with the Super O. Rather than doing the two non-super valks together. Casual fans get to buy the nice familiar valk while us hard core fans that already have the regular valk gets a super rare valk to buy. It'll even out the their revenues while pleasing fans and collectors.

I think the best thing that Bandai could do IF they are going to reissue the Elint and Super O would be to release the Focker 1S with the Elint and the Hikaru 1J with the Super O. Rather than doing the two non-super valks together. Casual fans get to buy the nice familiar valk while us hard core fans that already have the regular valk gets a super rare valk to buy. It'll even out the their revenues while pleasing fans and collectors.

If only they had you working over there at Bandai. If only they did....

When I first heard about this I was hoping they would re-tool the heads a bit like the prototype heads in the "unreleased" section, so we could finally get a VF-1J with a chin. Not holding my breath tho.

On that note I also hope that they make the heads extend-able so that they have some neck too. I always disliked how the chunky vf-1j looks like it has no neck.

Good point about the VF-1D - how people in marketing could miss that is beyond me..... would have been so sweet to have a VF-1D specially made for 25th anniversary with a 25th anniversary box and in 1/48 scale. Much better idea than painting the 19 and 1S black and giving them gold trim ...

ah well :)