TTHE PROJECT IS DONE - 3 YEARS IN THE MAKING - PRO BUILD

deadghost

Many of you prob have heard me yap here and there, and hear me say "I got the best mac+ kits in the process of being pro built, and it will be the best", and I remember someone saying that I was making it up. Well good things come to those who wait, and yes they do. It started three years ago when I miserably failed building my Yf-19 kit, And I said screw it, I want a clean looking kit, I am leaving it to the pros. I Reached a guy off starship modeler named Jason Gares, made a contract. Well the guy had some problems of his own, and I nearly went insane, and thought I had my money taken. Three freakin years to build two kits Well I was lucky things worked out. At first I wanted the kits bad then I said to myself what am I going to do if I get them, prob just have them siting around collecting dust, so it didnt matter when I got them as long as they were good. I love Macross Plus, and I wanted something from it and what better way to have my all time favorite fighters pro built. Now some of you might say I cheated myself and prob should have built them miserablyon my own, well I didnt have the time, but I did have the money. To be honest if the Vf-25 kit comes out, al just build it, and buy three if I mess up. WELL ENJOY.......MORE PICS TO COME.

post-4019-1206672987_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206672996_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673019_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673030_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673036_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673042_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673053_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673060_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1206673065_thumb.jpg

They're not bad, but you should have got someone from this forum to build them for you. There are plenty of people in this forum who would do a much better job - something to think about for future commissions, maybe. I haven't heard any good things about Jason Gares unfortunately, and I'm surprised it all worked out well for you. And posting pics is always a great thing to do!

Have to agree with PetarB. Not bad but without some better in focus pics they look pretty ordinary. For that amount of time I would have expected some better basing but that's me.

If you're happy with them, then that's all that matters. B))

I'm with thegunny and petarb. I don't know anything about modeling, but after seeing what a "professional" can do on a "commissioned" job with >EXO<'s Thunder Hammer, those two aren't very impressive. :unsure:

My motto with anything I do is: If you're going to do it, then do it right! Go all out and for the best. That is what's so impressive about that Thunder Hammer. I'd wait three years and commission someone to do a superb job to its likeness or better.

Edited by MacrossMan

They're not bad, but you should have got someone from this forum to build them for you. There are plenty of people in this forum who would do a much better job - something to think about for future commissions, maybe. I haven't heard any good things about Jason Gares unfortunately, and I'm surprised it all worked out well for you. And posting pics is always a great thing to do!

You are right, I am F@#$ pissed at Jason Gares, I would never do work this guy ever again, and there were times when I asked for a refund, and I was told that there was no turning back. I should have gotten some one from this forum but I was a newbie at the time and I did not know how sophisticated you guys were at the time. I remember someone telling me to go to starship modeler and finding someone there though. His price was pretty good compared to what other builders wanted ($400-$650). I may have gotten a little too excited and over said that they were the best kits. I am very fortunate for even getting in contact with him, I remember there was different threads setup on how he was so behind and not informing people of his different e-mail and store changes. There are still people who are waiting for items that they purchased for a couple hundred dollars from months and even a year ago. I am just happy that my kits are done, all I have to do is wait for them to be shipped, they should arrive this week. I know they are not the best, after seeing what some people did here, but I could not do a better job, and I am just happy I did not get taken for my money. Yet it is not over, they need to be shipped. FYI I did not take those pics.

Yeah if I had the cash to throw around, I'd try to entice him to come out of retirement long enough to to comission builds of a few kits I have on my shelf.

I absolutely love his work!! B))

Edited by Zinjo