VF-11B model kit

sahir

Hi all,

just wondering, does a VF-11B jet mode model kit exist?

does hasegawa plans to release it in the near future?

it would be great coz now i have both the 19 & 21 hasegawa kit, so the 11B would certainly complete the Mac plus jet...

thanks ^_^

Hi Sahir

Many people would like the 1/72 VF-11B to exist! I don't think Hasegawa has any plans to release it. It was released some years ago as a short-run resin kit, although these days it's almost impossible to find.

I would be nice if someone made it available again... :rolleyes:

I have the old 1/72 resin kit by Club-M, its pretty nice. It comes with FAST packs, rocket boosters, and a bunch of white metal parts to show open maintenance panels.

But a Hasegawa level of detail kit would be sweet!

-John

Makes one wonder if somehow it's tied up in the Bandai licensing of the VF-11C?

There is also the fact that it was never featured as a "hero" fighter, therefore Hasegawa may feel it wouldn't give them a decent return on their tooling investment.

Anyone ever seen a Hasegawa VF-5000 or a Macross Zero Octo? No, because they weren't "hero"/ "villan" mecha.

That is why the garage kit industry is so prominent in Japan. They fill the gaps that the major manufacturers leave open in terms of model kits...

There is also the fact that it was never featured as a "hero" fighter, therefore Hasegawa may feel it wouldn't give them a decent return on their tooling investment.

Interesting, if Macross Plus Movie edition had kept Isamu's opening scene perhaps it could be called a "hero" fighter but even then I was colored like all the others in the OVA.

That thought also serves to explain why the VF-1A fighters are molded in white or low-vis gray and the VF-1A battroid was white only.

• 3 weeks later...
Makes one wonder if somehow it's tied up in the Bandai licensing of the VF-11C?

Anyone ever seen a Hasegawa VF-5000 or a Macross Zero Octo? No, because they weren't "hero"/ "villan" mecha.

That is why the garage kit industry is so prominent in Japan. They fill the gaps that the major manufacturers leave open in terms of model kits...

I don't think you could describe the VF-11 as anything BUT a hero... you saw the crash that it survived, thus saving Isamu... totally a Hero Fighter, and we totally need a kit of it from Hasegawa.