1/35 Tled Custom Gakken-Style

I've been contemplating on wether I should build a 1/35 Gakken-style Tled. I know most everyone here is clamoring on about how much they love the Toynami and Aoshima versions of the Legioss (insert sarcasm here), and since we know were getting a 1/48 version Tled I figured I would go retro.

I've always wanted a Tled for my old Gakkens and seeing as how I am just about done on the 1/48 VF-1 designs, I figured I'd move into new territory and build something unique.

This is just an interest thread to see how many people would be interested in this particular toy-like-model. Of course, I will build it as a toy, but we all now it isn't a toy until it's done ABS, PVC, or vinyl. Yet, will will have ratcheting joints as the old Gakken Legioss.

Upon taking on this endeavor I will also work on making updated joint systems for the old 1/35 Legioss to have better articulation throughout the toy.

Well, for now let's just keep this as an interest thread and tell me what you'ld like to see in this rendition, but remember to keep it line-art accurate. I don't want this to turn into a Gundam-esque type Tled.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Of course! DO IT! DO IT NOW! :lol:

I've been contemplating on wether I should build a 1/35 Gakken-style Tled. I know most everyone here is clamoring on about how much they love the Toynami and Aoshima versions of the Legioss (insert sarcasm here), and since we know were getting a 1/48 version Tled I figured I would go retro.

I've always wanted a Tled for my old Gakkens and seeing as how I am just about done on the 1/48 VF-1 designs, I figured I'd move into new territory and build something unique.

This is just an interest thread to see how many people would be interested in this particular toy-like-model. Of course, I will build it as a toy, but we all now it isn't a toy until it's done ABS, PVC, or vinyl. Yet, will will have ratcheting joints as the old Gakken Legioss.

Upon taking on this endeavor I will also work on making updated joint systems for the old 1/35 Legioss to have better articulation throughout the toy.

Well, for now let's just keep this as an interest thread and tell me what you'ld like to see in this rendition, but remember to keep it line-art accurate. I don't want this to turn into a Gundam-esque type Tled.

Welcome to the 80... Hell no, just build a whole new one... Legioss AND TLEAD... no one else is doing it correctly!

I could attempt to build it as a newer version, but I can't justify it to myself. I want this sucker old school so that it rounds out my old Gakken Legioss.

You are always more than welcome to create your own updated version of the Legioss and Tlead, just don't fcuk it up like so many have. <_<

I could attempt to build it as a newer version, but I can't justify it to myself. I want this sucker old school so that it rounds out my old Gakken Legioss.

You are always more than welcome to create your own updated version of the Legioss and Tlead, just don't fcuk it up like so many have. <_<

did you paint your 1D already? Judging by your avatar?

So whats the plan on an old skool tlead? Upsizing the smaller gakken? That was pretty ugly.

did you paint your 1D already?

:ph34r:

Judging by your avatar?

----

So whats the plan on an old skool tlead?

Working off line-art and having it attach correctly to the 1/35 Legioss.

Upsizing the smaller gakken? That was pretty ugly.

No way, those smaller scaler Legioss were horrible. :wacko:

Is it gonna be transformable? What joints are you using if it is? Why have an line art accurate tlead with a non line art accurate Legioss? Dont gt me wrong I loe the gakken 1/35. It should be a bulky Tlead IMO...

Plus this isn't Macross!

NOOB!

Is it gonna be transformable? What joints are you using if it is? Why have an line art accurate tlead with a non line art accurate Legioss? Dont gt me wrong I loe the gakken 1/35. It should be a bulky Tlead IMO...

Plus this isn't Macross!

NOOB!

Doh!!

Please move to the appropriate location.

The Tlead will be Gakken-esque. So the proportions are meant to go in that direction. Not perfect but better than what is currently available. Plus once finished this bad boy should be huge in 1/35!!!

I would like a 1/35 Beta even if it was battloid-only. Due to the relatively simple, straight lines of the design, you could even make it out of wood. I've thought of doing one this way myself, but if someone else did, I would definitely buy it.

• 3 years later...

it's been years since i've logged on to MW. i am currently watching Mospeada all over again on dvd, and it has sparked the bug in me once again. so whatever happened to this project? i'm currently on the hunt for a 1/35 legioss, and was pondering the idea of a partner scaled Tled. googled the idea, lo and behold, here i am. fill me in?

Listen to Jenius, there was never enough interest to get this off the ground.

After seeing the "It Lives" thread, I am more than sure you would see why this thread should only remain in the graveyard of threads past and dead.

Thanks for the inquiry.

just got through reading the 11 pages! i'm glad to see that old project up and running again, to the finish! im pretty old school with all this macross/ mospeada stuff, so i'd rather have a 1/35 Tled. the beast project is probably the nicest mospeada item to ever live, but an old 1/35 legioss can transform thru all 3 modes :) lmk if u ever proceed with this project Nightmare.