Bandai 1/5000 SDF-1 (WIP)

007-vf1

I've been working on this model on and off for the the last 4 months trying to make it some justice. Everyone knows the molds are uneven and the model is slightly off altogether.

The construction logistics and painting have been done. It needs small details and finishing, but the basic build up is there. I am hoping to have it done in the next few weeks.

I rather built the main parts on their own and then reattach them either but joining them without glue or by drilling new holes where the pegs hinges of the articulation used to be and made new ones from metal rods.

The Daedalus and Prometheus have been detailed a bit. New elbow hinges have been created from scratch. I tried to create a sort of aztec pattern on the painting to make it size suggestive. The antennas and other details will be made of thin wire and added later on. Everything else is straight from the box.

I am wondering if anything else is missing; Any suggestions??

post-104-1205499968_thumb.jpg

It's looking pretty good. I like the paint pattern, especially on the white part of the legs. There may be too much contrast between the colors on the central torso section (this impression may be caused by the lighting in the picture?) Maybe a light dusting of color to blend the panels would be good.

This suggestion might be a lot of work, but is there any way to thicken the shoulder cannon booms? They just seem waaaay too skinny to me on that kit. Good luck with it. You are definitely off to a good start!