Mospeada production steals from BBC. Shock!!!! Horror

Alex

Some of you may remember this thread from about a year ago:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...c=20764&hl=

Basically, the Gunbuster staff set up a sound recorder next to a tv playing Ghostbusters and stole about five seconds from the ballroom scene.

NOW....last night I was watching Mospeada and I noticed something. The sound of the Invid while they are flying is obviously from the TARDIS dematerialization sound from Doctor Who. It's the end of the effect which you don't tend to hear so often in the modern iteration of the show.

Now, i'm sure that the BBC have a copyright on this effect so I doubt the Mospeada staff found it in a library. And those sounds were custom made by the BBC back in 1962.

Edited by Alex

Interesting... Could you record/upload or link to a sample, just so we know what to listen for?

Not at the moment. Sorry. I'm at work. And I can't seem to find any samples on the net.

Actually, I think the title to my thread is a bit OTT, but I can't change it :huh:

Edited by Alex

I'll have to listen to my Mospeada again tonight, but I don't remember the "flying" sound being very complicated.

It's possible both crews hit upon the same idea for a "neato sci-fi sound."

Yeah. In the case of the Ghostbusters thing it's 100% guilty, but here it could just be coincidence. But it's such a unique sound that i'd bet top dollar that it's the exact same one.

Edited by Alex

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have to listen to my Mospeada again tonight, but I don't remember the "flying" sound being very complicated.

It's possible both crews hit upon the same idea for a "neato sci-fi sound."

I doubt it...the TARDIS sound is quite unique...IIRC, it was done with "treating" piano strings. Or it may just have been an elephant in labor...

• 3 months later...