Hasegawa VF-1D returns

Penguin

Dammit I just got an email from them for shipping, amongst other things, PE Valk set... grrrrr! If I'd just waited!

Petar I am about to place another order with HLJ for a bunch of stuff. Please shoot over a PM if you'd like me to grab a second VF-1D for you (and perhaps you'd like to sell your PE set too? :)). I'm in Brisbane.

Cheers

Mark

PE or photo etch refers to the technique of creating finely detailed model parts from very thin sheets of brass.

This usually results in extremely detailed parts not possible from regular plastic. However some people question the use of PE on 1/72 scale models stating the scale is too small to really benefit from added detail.

Look here, www.eduard.cz

Edited by Grayson72

1/48 usually applies to Yamato toys. There's very few 1/48 models, the most common is the Club-M ultimate detail valk, which came with PE parts, but good luck finding one of those.

1/48 usually applies to Yamato toys. There's very few 1/48 models, the most common is the Club-M ultimate detail valk, which came with PE parts, but good luck finding one of those.

mmkay ill count on having a set of that in a 100 years then xD

Yak Deculture Club

The "stratos" four-female instructor at the stratos Aviation Physiology Laboratory

#723 Nanshin-Suzaku 「南神・朱雀」

ga_01_yas3_VF1D.JPG

1/72 VF-1D Valkyrie "Max/Virgin Road" (Wedding Episode with:Standard quality Decal , no Etchings)

6171.jpg

myweb015003.jpg

Macross World Forum VF-1D Virjin Road Topic

Macross World Forum VF-1D Virjin Road

Taiwanese model Builder's VF-1D "Trainer"

72vf1d_13a.jpg

OLD package used by model's photo(with:The Cartograf's Decal & Etchings)

MAC-Hase-VF-1D.jpg

New Box Art by Tenjin (with :The Cartograf's Decal & Etchings)

TOY-RBT-0217.jpg

post-1627-1204951790_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

Noooooooooo!!! Now I have to buy a new version of this kit just for the new boxart. :o

It's about damn time! I have one of the original kits that I got from Valkryie Exchange years ago, and I never built it because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find another.

So, they've rereleased the Elintseeker, the Minmay Guard, the VF-1D...dare we hope for the Ravens version of the VF-19 and the F-14 Tomcat...?

EDIT: I wish it came with a little Minmay to put in the back seat...but I guess you'd have to riddle the thing with bullet holes and tear off one of the arms to make that historically accurate...

Edited by Gubaba

So, they've rereleased the Elintseeker, the Minmay Guard, the VF-1D...dare we hope for the Ravens version of the VF-19 and the F-14 Tomcat...?

If they release the tomcat I hope they change the model kit to the newer F-14 kit, for one the Hasegawa Macross is a F-14A and the Macross Zero is an F-14A+ or D. They should just release the F-14 decals on their own IMO.

If they release the tomcat I hope they change the model kit to the newer F-14 kit, for one the Hasegawa Macross is a F-14A and the Macross Zero is an F-14A+ or D. They should just release the F-14 decals on their own IMO.

Is the Macross Zero F-14 the Hase raised panel kit?

Is the Macross Zero F-14 the Hase raised panel kit?

The Macross Zero F-14 was a reboxing of HSGE2 Low Vis F-14A.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGE2

The M0 F-14 has the same instructions as the original kit with a special sheet of decals and an additional sheet for the decal placement.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...f14/hasef14.htm

EDIT: The pilots are the F-14 pilots not the M0 pilots. I hope if re-released the kit has an improved F-14 and the correct pilots.

Edited by Fly4victory

This is the updated Hasegawa kit, I built this as Roy Fockers F-14B. I used Hasegawa Macross pilots however they needed about a 6mm extension in their waist to make them tall enough to fit. Much better kit with photo etch parts, the only draw back for some maybe that it doesn't have swing wings as you build either fully swept or full extended and the kit comes with no weapons or pilots. Still a lot nicer kit of the F-14.

post-5632-1205405155_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1205405382_thumb.jpgpost-26-1118697114_thumb.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this release of the VF-1D as I missed the first one, the same goes for the minmay guard.

post-5632-1205405524_thumb.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

This is the updated Hasegawa kit, I built this as Roy Fockers F-14B. I used Hasegawa Macross pilots however they needed about a 6mm extension in their waist to make them tall enough to fit. Much better kit with photo etch parts, the only draw back for some maybe that it doesn't have swing wings as you build either fully swept or full extended and the kit comes with no weapons or pilots. Still a lot nicer kit of the F-14.

post-5632-1205405155_thumb.jpgpost-5632-1205405382_thumb.jpgpost-26-1118697114_thumb.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this release of the VF-1D as I missed the first one, the same goes for the minmay guard.

Hey great looking F-14! The weathering is very well done. Did you do the decals yourself? And boy those pilots look good.

I just noticed you're down on the Gold Coast, nice!

Mark

Hey great looking F-14! The weathering is very well done. Did you do the decals yourself? And boy those pilots look good.

I just noticed you're down on the Gold Coast, nice!

Mark

Thanks Mark, the decals are the ones that came with the kit all I had to do was leave the US insignia off and add some UN Spacy kites left over from other macross kits, VF-1 kit I think they came from. I was pretty happy with the pilots the back seater is a little low.

The regular VF-1D did, but the "Virgin Road" version didn't.

I didn't mind that, but I wish it had come with pilot figures of Max and Millia in wedding garb.

You are correct, and yes the figures would have been a really cool touch or at least in their TV flight suits.

You are correct, and yes the figures would have been a really cool touch or at least in their TV flight suits.

It kind of bugs me that Hasegawa hasn't released TV version pilots...a few years back, I tried to file one of the pilot figures down to approximate the TV version...it didn't work very well.

And I drooled with envy with I saw that Superostrich that somebody built with an accurate Minmay figure in the back seat...

It kind of bugs me that Hasegawa hasn't released TV version pilots...a few years back, I tried to file one of the pilot figures down to approximate the TV version...it didn't work very well.

I tried the same thing with no luck...

I want some TV pilots for my Hasegawa kits!

...just checked the Bandai variable kit: the pilot is MUCH worse than the Hase DYRL. The Bandai guy looks like a cross between BSG and WW2 RAF.

:(

This kinda backs up the theory that Bandai dont care much for Macross. may as well have put a WWI Panza Driver in there instead.

Edited by big F