Macross Revoltech

CF18

Well that's just it: I'm not a collector. I don't own hundreds of figures and models and I don't complete product lines; I have a small collection of figures. I too like to purchase the best and the best transformable is Yamato. The best articulation is Revoltech. I also trade up over time. I purchased Yamato's first 1/60 VF-1, then sold it to buy my second 1/48. I'm now going to sell one of my 1/48s and buy the new Yamato 1/60. And at the cheap prices for the Revoltechs, I'll grab them on the side. From my perspecitve, things keep getting better, both the products and my ever changing "collection".

When it comes to getting rid of older toys when newer, improved versions come out, it really depends on how much I personally feel that the older toys are compared to the newer ones, but I can honestly say that I would probably keep at least one of the older version unless it just looked so dated. The problem these days is just having the room to display my ever-growing collection.

With the Revoltechs, there really is nothing better than them right now, and they are cheap enough not to break the wallet and small enough to fit in places on my display shelves without taking up too much space. I'm only collecting the Patlabor, Macross, and various other ones that I like. I totally passed on the Eva ones except for one, because I'm just not a big fan of the Eva mecha.

Being more of a Macross fan than anything else, I do like to see other companies put out other stuff to collect like the CM's figures, Bandai's Macross Mission gashapon figures, the K&M trading figures, and the Chara Works trading figures. The only downer is that too much emphasis is placed on DYRL or the TV series. Or they don't release stuff that I think we really want to see like more obscure mecha, enemy ships, a TV-style SDF-1, and character figures. I hope that Yamato/Kaiyodo/CM's/etc. continue to support the license as Bandai/Banpresto does with Gundam, so that we can someday see stuff other than just improved versions of what's already out there or just more of the same mecha and characters.

what can i say i like'em. I think its the amount of articulation that these babies have, especially compared to the Yamatos ones that are coming out. I guess im still a kid at heart and would love to change the poses every couple of weeks or so.

With the Revoltechs, there really is nothing better than them right now, and they are cheap enough not to break the wallet and small enough to fit in places on my display shelves without taking up too much space. I'm only collecting the Patlabor, Macross, and various other ones that I like. I totally passed on the Eva ones except for one, because I'm just not a big fan of the Eva mecha.

This is an important point as well. I think some fans are looking at it from a Macross-only perspective. Yes, I am a bigger Macross fan than any other anime franchise, but I'm not purchasing products in a vacuum. I picked up Patlabor and Evangelion Revoltechs and I love them, so when I heard a Macross line was coming I was sold. And I'm glad I did because these Revoltech figures are simply 100% fun. The Revoltechs are like lego, constantly engaging my creative side to come up with new and interesting poses.

Besides, I don't see any other company releasing a Reguld in scale with the VF-1 so Revoltech is the only option.

I want to order a few of these Regult battle pods. But I also want to hear actual reviews of this item from member in this forum before buying a handful of them. Has anyone got a hold of these battle pods yet? Like early prototypes?

Eh? Revoltech Gerwalk and Figther moves?? Fighter modes?? That makes no sense- what are those Gerwalks and Fighters in that picture from Diablom?

As to the general discussion:

Well - My Revoltech VF-1J has developed "falling off leg syndrome." Sadly it's not from the Revoltech joint, but simply the peg that joins the upper leg to the waist/ventilator. The hole has apparently become a tad too big for the peg - although it still fits.

This is especially sad as NONE of my other Revoltechs ever had such problems (beyond things like snapping gummy fists or antenas).

But oh well... Revoltech is great - and let me repeat for the one millionth time that they need to get around to doing Misa Hayese :)

VFTF1

Those are the K&M Macross figures released a few years back. Sorta 'transformable', but lots of parts removal. The pic is interesting cos it shows figs from both series 1 and 2 together. May be a possible re-release, can we get the source of the pic to verify?

I just hope Kaiyodo releases a Revoltech Flemenmik Nousjaedul-Ger DYRL version, The Boquomouxy Quel-Quallie Theatre Scout Pod, The Zentradi Renegade Battle Suit from Macross Plus & a Quimeliquola Quaedlunn-Rau (both the TV version & the DYRL one)... As well as some mecha from Macross Frontier, hehehe... (VAJRA!!!).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I just hope Kaiyodo releases a Revoltech Flemenmik Nousjaedul-Ger DYRL version, The Boquomouxy Quel-Quallie Theatre Scout Pod, The Zentradi Renegade Battle Suit from Macross Plus & a Quimeliquola Quaedlunn-Rau (both the TV version & the DYRL one)... As well as some mecha from Macross Frontier, hehehe... (VAJRA!!!).

Yeah, what he said!

I just hope Kaiyodo releases ALL Macross related mecha in Revoltech.

there.

make it short and simple. ^_^:ph34r:

pre-ordered revols: the blue and red vf-1j, yf-19 and yf-21 and 3 regults. gonna get more regults if they release the mini-missile/ scout type :p

Edited by Shun

Wow, I didn't think this would happen (since I'm not a fan of non-transforming representations of transforming mecha), but these are starting to look more and more interesting.

I don't own any Revoltechs so I don't know...how tall are these things on average? 6-7 inches?

I might buy a 19 and 21 for my desk.

awww I see, thanks for the info. I've been looking at the knee joints for the yf-19 revy and do you guys think that the legs would be double jointed so that the calves can bend all the back to touch the back of their thighs? Like the yf-21 in one of the most recent pictures.

Edited by IIymij

I just hope Kaiyodo releases ALL Macross related mecha in Revoltech.

there.

make it short and simple. ^_^:ph34r:

You know as well as I that the ones I mentioned are not ALL the mecha in the Macross universe, hehehe...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn