Macross Revoltech

CF18

Graham pointed out in the other thread that the Revoltech VF-1s had ugly looking shoulders, and I have to agree with him: the GN-U line wins on that score, also ABS is usually better than PVC. However, (1) Revoltech quality is a know quantity, (2) they'll likely undercut the GN-U in price point, and (3) ENEMY MECHA... they're unlikely to be in scale with the VFs, but, regardless, this is a huge advantage to Kaiyodo. It looks like Yamato is going to have some serious competition on their hands. I guess the sculpt and execution will tell which line will be the better one.

It looks like Yamato is going to have some serious competition on their hands.

Yeppers.....ESPECIALLY if they don't start gettin their QC together.

:ph34r:

Cool, now hopefully they'll do Revoltechs of Hikaru, Roy, Max, Miriya, Minmay, Misa, Global, Claudia and some Zentraedis and then we wont ever have to ask for figures of the human(oid) characters again. :)

And no, I don't expect any of those to get made any more than I expect a NGE Shinji Revoltech to be made (which I also want, dangit).

Can any of you name the rest of the figures in the picture?

TOP ROW (from L to R)

1. Razengan (Gurren-Lagann)

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. Microbe (Moyashimon)

6. Regult (Macross)

BOTTOM ROW (from L to R)

1. YF-19 (Macross Plus)

2. ?

3. ?

4. Saber (Fate/Stay)

5. YF-21 (Macross Plus)

6. ?

Wasn't Kayodo going to stop making Macross Revoltechs because they couldn't sell them internationaly? :huh:

That's what I heard too. Maybe the VF-1 Revoltech's sold well enough in Japan alone to warrant more Macross mecha?

If these are confirmed releases, then I'll probably choose them over Yamato's GNU's. True, the hinges and joints are more pronounced in Revoltechs, but the the trade off is a wider assortment dynamic poses. Second, they just cost less.

I'm going to support the enemy mecha buying at least three regults. I hope they do variants or load the boxes with accessories. Also, maybe this will encourage Yamato to finally give us some 1/60 Regults.

QFT! I was just thinking the same thing. I will buy loads of the regults in hopes that other companies to take note and produce larger, 1/60 scale versions.

After collecting All the Revoltech VF-1's and the recently released patlabors (movie 1 and 2, helldiver), My money is on Kaiyodo. They have it down pat and I've yet to have a QC issue with them (I got 2 of each VF-1, 4 helldivers, and 1 of each movie ingram lol)

Can any of you name the rest of the figures in the picture?

TOP ROW (from L to R)

1. Razengan (Gurren-Lagann)

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. Microbe (Moyashimon)

6. Regult (Macross)

BOTTOM ROW (from L to R)

1. YF-19 (Macross Plus)

2. ?

3. ?

4. Saber (Fate/Stay)

5. YF-21 (Macross Plus)

6. ?

Awesome that you made out most of it...though i can't help with the rest. Orzyae (microbe) was MADE to be a revoltech. Seriously. ^_^

Love those macross revoltechs too.

SCOPEADA from CollectionDX?

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2206

REVOLTECH NEWS

We managed to pry a few secrets out of the Revoltech brand manager from Kaiyodo:

* There will be a Macross REGULT battle pod Revoltech!

* There will be both MAX and MIRIYA VF-IJ Revoltech

* There will be a new "name" sculptor coming on board to the Revoltech line in addition to Yamaguchi and Eyewater. He could not say who though

* Revoltech Mini was an experiment to get the line out to other places like convienence stores. If there are any more released, it would have to be of characters with a mass market appeal

* Apparently Hasbro did NOT license the Revoltech Joint from Kaiyodo - they basically just copied it.

What is the LARGE box at the bottom left.....just below the GETTER1 and the Evangelion???

EDIT----> Nevermind....I just found my answer. Extra Weapon Set for Evangelion.

Edited by misterryno

Don't know where this rumour came from, but it is completely false.

Graham

Geezzzzzz Dante.......your like the high school drama queen with all these rumors.....LOL.....just playin mate. ;)

Graham pointed out in the other thread that the Revoltech VF-1s had ugly looking shoulders, and I have to agree with him: the GN-U line wins on that score, also ABS is usually better than PVC. However, (1) Revoltech quality is a know quantity, (2) they'll likely undercut the GN-U in price point, and (3) ENEMY MECHA... they're unlikely to be in scale with the VFs, but, regardless, this is a huge advantage to Kaiyodo. It looks like Yamato is going to have some serious competition on their hands. I guess the sculpt and execution will tell which line will be the better one.

It will be interesting to see the Kaiyodo YF-19 and YF-21 sculpts. I hope they are not too funky and stylized and manage to keep the revoltech ball joints hidden from view as much as possible.

I'm sure Kaiyodo will do a good job on the Regult though, as they have experience with that in the old Kaiyodo/Movic line and did an excellent job.

I'll probably stick with the GN-U line though for the reasons mentioned above. I like the sculpts and basically I don't mind paying more for a toy with double jointed knees and elbows, full internal skeleton and most importantly ABS construction. I really hate PVC toys.

Graham

(1) Revoltech quality is a know quantity

Personally, I'm not that impressed with Revoltech quality to date. Out of the three Revoltech toys I've bought (VF-1J, VF-1S & VF-1A), two have had problems.

My VF-1S was missing the open left hand and my VF-1A had sloppy paint application and a crack on the chest plate, just above the heat shield.

Graham

If Kaiyodo does as good a job on the YF-19/YF-21 and Reguld as they did on the VF-1J Super, these releases will be a major win. As for the so called failings of the Revoltech line, I'll just say the burden is on Yamato's GN-U line to prove it's a product with superior articulation, with joints that don't loosen over time and with a superior sculpt.

I figured that you would be more excited about the VF-1J Milia. :huh:

Dude! They are doing a MILIA? NICE!!! I did not read the whole thread just looked at the pic. Definitely excited. Will be doing a Fraulein Asuka x Revoltech Milia kitbash FOR SURE!!!! Also excited for the mac+ figs! But I have to say, most excited about the regults!