1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

I know its wrong but since most of us bid on these things why couldnt we make a lottery system...

haha...something like we all put in our names and agree not to bid against one another...whoever gets the lucky draw can bid on the item. Think it could work?

Just trying to share what I've found. Helping those who is still looking for 1....

US $158.51 with only 2 hours to go. I'm surprised it stayed this low for so long, but I'd bet that the last hour or so will see it go up.

-Kyp

My question to the seller and the reply...

Aug-04-08

Q: Hi. Seeing that the toy has never left the box can you confirm that nothing is broken and that all the pieces are there? I would like to confirm this before placing a bid since there is no refund/return on this item. Thanks.

A: Sorry. I cannot confirm as that would require me to open the box and most people interested in this toy would prefer that it remains unopened. I cannot guarantee that everything is there or that it is not defective... it is in whatever condition it was when it left the Yamato factory. The toy was ordered from the Yamato website and was sent to my Japanese home address. There is no 3rd party involved (as in, I did not buy it from someone who bought it from Yamato). If you do not want to take the risk, please do not bid. Otherwise, good luck.

Q: From my understanding, Yamato 1/48 Macross toys are not sealed, except some trays being taped together like the latest 1/60 YF-21. Are the trays sealed with tape on this particular model? Otherwise, removing it from its tray for inspection will not affect the value or lesson others desire to purchase the toy. Confirming that nothing is broken or missing will undoubtedly bring you a higher bid. Please reconsider inspecting the toy.

A: Sorry. I am not an expert on toys so I do not even want to open the box side flap to take the toy out. I wouldn't even know what to look for as I'm not a toy collector. My friend knew I was in Japan and suggested that I should try and purchase it and I did. He already got one and suggested I put mine up on eBay. Thanks for you interest though.

- kawanotti

I'm not sure about this one. One thing his international shipping price is outrageous and the second thing is he is only making it available to US and Canadian sellers unless they are willing to pay over $200US for shipping. I have asked about the condtion of it, but the guy claims he doesn't want to remove it from the packaging. I asked him to reconsider. I only asked him to remove the Valk from the tray to confirm nothing is broken or nothing is missing, but he somewhat dodges the request. I think his being somewhat shady about the description has something to do with people not bidding. Then again, who knows. This thing will probably go through the roof by the end of bidding. The other one out there is at $305.00 with less than two hours left....

I think with the release of the v2. 1/60's coming out, that might also being playing into the equation of low interest. We'll just have to see. With all the new stuff coming out it just might be the window some need to score an awesome deal on the weathered Roy. We'll just have to see...

:mellow:

OO

Edited by MacrossMan

I won it!!!! I'm still a completist (until the 2 new exclusive versions come out). Not as low as I was hoping, but since it'll be local pickup I save on the shipping.

For those saying that the shipping is too high, check canadapost.ca. I thought the shipping was way too high too, but I took the weight in the auction and put the numbers into the shipping tool on canadapost and the seller's estimates were close.

It DOES cost @$200+ to ship internationally from Canada now (can't remember which country I entered, but I got a estimate of $314 for that one). The reason is that Canada Post doesn't have an airmail parcel option for large packages anymore. Just a 3-4 day express service or a no delivery estimate surface option.

What the seller should have done is head over to Point Roberts or Bellingham and ship from the US using USPS. Cause our postal system sucks now... but it worked out in my favour this time

FYI - For any Canadians here who sells on eBay, Canada Post's calculator now includes a State destination field... so it's no longer a flat fee to ship to the US.

Edited by UNSpacy

I won it!!!! I'm still a completist (until the 2 new exclusive versions come out). Not as low as I was hoping, but since it'll be local pickup I save on the shipping. :D

For those saying that the shipping is too high, check canadapost.ca. I thought the shipping was way too high too, but I took the weight in the auction and put the numbers into the shipping tool on canadapost and the seller's estimates were close.

It DOES cost @$200+ to ship internationally from Canada now (can't remember which country I entered, but I got a estimate of $314 for that one). The reason is that Canada Post doesn't have an airmail parcel option for large packages anymore. Just a 3-4 day express service or a no delivery estimate surface option.

What the seller should have done is head over to Point Roberts or Bellingham and ship from the US using USPS. Cause our postal system sucks now... but it worked out in my favour this time :lol:

FYI - For any Canadians here who sells on eBay, Canada Post's calculator now includes a State destination field... so it's no longer a flat fee to ship to the US.

Oh that explains a lot :) there was this one time I was supposed to buy something off ebay from a Canadian seller and he also quoted me what I thought was a relatively ridiculous shipping cost :)

Congrats with the win bro :)

I won it!!!! I'm still a completist (until the 2 new exclusive versions come out). Not as low as I was hoping, but since it'll be local pickup I save on the shipping.

What the seller should have done is head over to Point Roberts or Bellingham and ship from the US using USPS. Cause our postal system sucks now... but it worked out in my favour this time

Ha ha I was bidding in that auction as well, but I am glad a Macross W#orld member won :lol: Congrats UN Spacy !

Edited by vanpang

Congrats on the win UN. I was reluctant to bid because the seller did not want to inspect the Valk and stated there would be no refund or exchanges. Hopefully it will arrive in perfect condition. If it does you have scored probably one of the lowest priced weathered Roy's on Ebay. Good luck and keep us posted.

MM

OO

It makes sense considering the price of it, that some would buy it simply as an investment to turn around and sell at a profit or as a collector's item to kept in mint condition, out of sunlight, etc. Still, it's a little sad to think after spending that much money on it that one wouldn't at least handle it once or twice to view it's details up close.

cant really play with it as the silver/gray paint scratch easily like what happened on mine when i was adjusting the thrusters but it was minor. besides i got the regular fokker to play with

• 3 weeks later...

So far has anyone bought their weathering special VF-1S Roy Focker from Angloz Store, and received it? Just want to check if it's the same (In term of the packaging, the blue cover and the valkyrie) as the japan release.

Edited by Dashgtr

i have one preordered in angolz but they tell me is going to be in stock on september and they already charge it

i have one preordered in angolz but they tell me is going to be in stock on september and they already charge it

That's some bull$hit man.....if something is not even in stock yet...they sure the hell should not charge you. I would tell them to cancel and get your money back.

:ph34r:

misterryno they told me that they needed to charge it because its an exclusive piece and the yamato hong kong distributor needed to have the exact number of orders that they will make , and they are painted on hand, so they only could produce only a few by day and thats the reason of the delay, right know its out of stock in the angolz web site, i think because they understood that this piece its difficult to have and cut all the orders, even vanpang another macross world member had a order and they answer him the same thing than i