1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Here is my Fokker Weathering Special. Just came in. hand delivered from japan, thanks to my friend's girlfriend.

When you remove the blue cummerbund and lift the box flap, you will see this piece of paper that details that this is a special edition and says that the decals are different. I have yet to actually translate this.

dsc00004ok7.jpg

And here is the Valk:

dsc00005al3.jpg

dsc00008vb7.jpg

dsc00011qy8.jpg

dsc00013lp1.jpg

Gerwalk Mode:

dsc00018qz1.jpg

dsc00019rf2.jpg

Battroid Mode:

dsc00022zy2.jpg

And as a little tease TH on weathered 1S!!!!!!

dsc00029ir9.jpg

Here is my Fokker Weathering Special. Just came in. hand delivered from japan, thanks to my friend's girlfriend.

When you remove the blue cummerbund and lift the box flap, you will see this piece of paper that details that this is a special edition and says that the decals are different. I have yet to actually translate this.

Oh my! That is one gorgeous valk! THANKS for the pics! When Tfing it....did you happen to have any issues with smudging like on the LowVis? Also...once you get that translated or someone on here does...PLEASE SHARE!

:ph34r:

Did you sticker it up before you took pictures, or is that how it is out box?

From the looks of it........it looks like that's tampo print and not stickers.

I am curious about the smugging as well. Did you sticker it up before you took pictures, or is that how it is out box?

that is how it looks out of the box. Ok so I had my gf briefly read the chinese characters. it seems the "weathering" is hand painted. and the decals are had applied from yamato.

i was looking on mine too but i think the white missiles were not weathered atleast mine looked it wasnt

hmm mine are not white though as usual white missles. they are a sort of off white color. The only other valk I have to reference is my Hikaru VF-1S, which i dont have here with me, but i remember them being white vs the weathering version is off white.

Edited by Solscud007

that is how it looks out of the box. Ok so I had my gf briefly read the chinese characters. it seems the "weathering" is hand painted. and the decals are had applied from yamato.

hmm mine are not white though as usual white missles. they are a sort of off white color. The only other valk I have to reference is my Hikaru VF-1S, which i dont have here with me, but i remember them being white vs the weathering version is off white.

So, they are just stickers and not tampo printed markings?! Lame. For what they want for this, you would think they would tampo print everything.

So, they are just stickers and not tampo printed markings?! Lame. For what they want for this, you would think they would tampo print everything.

well they are water slides. really well done water slides. if I can borrow my buddy's D-SLR I can use his macro lens and see if I can show you how good it really is.

And here is the Valk:

dsc00008vb7.jpg

dsc00013lp1.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! But damn, those skulls on the tailfins are crooked! I'm still lusting for one! Is the clear stand included with the weathered Roy?

:blink:

OO

Edited by MacrossMan

Absolutely beautiful! But damn, those skulls on the tailfins are crooked! I'm still lusting for one! Is the clear stand included with the weathered Roy?

:blink:

OO

no the clear stand is not. that is just a bandai action base in clear plastic.

LOL! Skull insignia is crooked????? hahahha what are these Yamato? Kids toys??

:lol: I did'nt realize it till someone pointed it out. That is toooooo funny. That's why I say "you never know with YA-MA-TO"

I got mine a few days ago from one of our fav. macrossworld Japan residents. I can say that i am thoroughly happy with this rendition. It's got that look like it's been in a few skirmishes.

Can someone scan the blue sleeve at 600 DPI for the rest of us? I want to mock up my own custom weathered VF-1 squardron set. ;)

At the original price, it was a deal!

At the ebay prices, better to buy one from Kurt, Jung or other customizers instead for the level of quality with custom decals.

Can someone scan the blue sleeve at 600 DPI for the rest of us? I want to mock up my own custom weathered VF-1 squardron set. ;)

At the original price, it was a deal!

At the ebay prices, better to buy one from Kurt, Jung or other customizers instead for the level of quality with custom decals.

ok but you gotta print one up for me. I can recreate it in photoshop.

Here are some more pics

Decal close ups. I used a lupe/loop. I put the loop over my POS Sony Point and shoot camera and VOILA!!! Instant macro.

Nice pics! Awesome macro making! I can say yes I like the look of the valk. I can also say...the price is to high for that quality of a valk.