1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

completely off topic but the best yamato box to date is the blank white one that came with the stealth giftset.

why? because you can use it to make custom boxes for your custom valks.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

The box is out. This should clear up the confusion.

Come to think of it, potentially, this could be one of the most expensive or sort after box. You can always weather the VF-1s yourself (and might do an even better job than Yamato) or pay someone else do it.

A real Yamato weathered VF-1s is worthless without this box. So if you look at it this way, for those people who will be willing to pay $500+ for a Yamato weather valk, they are really just buying a box.

post-3608-1207832113_thumb.jpg

Actually that isn't a box at all, it's a blue cardboard slip cover that fits over a regular VF-1s box which the Weathering Special actually comes in.

Edited by Save

Actually that isn't a box at all, it's a blue cardboard slip cover that fits over a regular VF-1s box which the Weathering Special actually comes in.

That's a sweet looking slip cover ... or maybe it's just more appealing because it's impossible to get ?!?!

If anyone wants to ship one to me, I can reproduce it for everyone ... and I'll charge less than $500. ^_^ But seriously, there's huge bootleg/knockoff potential because that slip cover can be easily reproduced. This whole limited thing is stupid. :angry:

Just got an email from Yamato that the Weathering Special will be shipped out starting on April 28th.

Everybody I know that ordered one has received the same email today.

yep my friend contacted me as well to let me know about that email.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how many copies of this Weathering Special have been made? I'm asking to determine the "collectibility" of the toy. I'm a bit surprised that folks are willing to pay $400-500+ for one when all you get on this reissue is a blue box sleeve and a nice bit of weathering. I had no problems shelling out just over $300 for my VF-1A Low Vis 1, but is the Weathering Special worth even more? Your thoughts and opinions...

Does anyone know how many copies of this Weathering Special have been made? I'm asking to determine the "collectibility" of the toy. I'm a bit surprised that folks are willing to pay $400-500+ for one when all you get on this reissue is a blue box sleeve and a nice bit of weathering. I had no problems shelling out just over $300 for my VF-1A Low Vis 1, but is the Weathering Special worth even more? Your thoughts and opinions...

Only time will tell.

I had no problems shelling out just over $300 for my VF-1A Low Vis 1, but is the Weathering Special worth even more? Your thoughts and opinions...

That's what Yamato wants you to believe. The real question is... are you a sheep or can you make your own decision without being told what to do?

man, i should have saved a link to an auction of a 1/48 weathered vf-1s focker...there was 40 minutes left, and i left work. i saw the bid was up to $505 USD. craziness!

did anyone see the end of that auction?

here's another: http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamato-Macross-VF-1S-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

wow! surpassing even the 1/48 Low Viz ver 1.

people are actually paying this much? sheeeesh!

I believe this is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamato-VF-1S-Weatherin...1QQcmdZViewItem

$760 for a valk that looked more like it got beaten black & blue than it's convincingly weathered, I hope there is another crushed VF1S head in that box somewhere. If not, the new owner can remove it from the valk and stomp on it with his foot.

Edited by Beware of Blast

I actually just received mine in the mail from Tokyo Hunter, who tracked one down for me at WF.

I got as far as cutting the two pieces of tape holding the upper and lower plastic trays together before I decided that 15 1/48s really is enough for my purposes, and that I really need to control my impulse buying haha!

Anyway, I'm going to be putting mine on eBay tomorrow, along with the Macross shot glass and the large, plastic Macross 25th Anniversary shopping bag that the valk came in. But if anyone wants to spare me the pain that is Evilbay, shoot me a PM!

Yeah I met a guy at Botcon who is from Japan. Said he got 6 of these at Wonderfest. Sold them for about 515 USD each.

Well good news I have confirmation that my weathered VF-1S has arrived at my friend's house. So all I have to do is wait for her to come back from japan.

I will take some detailed pics when it arrives.

Yeah I met a guy at Botcon who is from Japan. Said he got 6 of these at Wonderfest. Sold them for about 515 USD each.

Well good news I have confirmation that my weathered VF-1S has arrived at my friend's house. So all I have to do is wait for her to come back from japan.

I will take some detailed pics when it arrives.

ass! <_<

haha... congrats!

no need to be jealous

put the yamato weathered 1s next to my personal vf-1S weathered or max 1A and yamato special edition will go back into the box :lol:

weathering a 1/48 takes an hour !!!!!!!!!

dsc02743bu5.jpg

collector =======> crazy :ph34r:

collecting rare item is good but for that price it has to be really special and this yamato has nothing special

unless you are looking for a blue box :wacko:

Yup......... and I will add you will get a nice weathered valk at the end :lol:

you are in denial and jealous haha jk. fantastic job on the weathering. you should put up a guide in the modeling custom section.

Even if I had the money to blow, there's no way I would pay what this so-called "weathered" Valk is going for. I mean if it was done up to mimic Roy's last stand with extensive battle damage, a wounded TV Roy figure, and a bloody cockpit then that would truly be something worth getting. You could buy about 4 1/48's for what it's going for. I think the Low Vis 1 and 2 probably required more time and skill to paint than this weathered VF-1S. I wonder how long this will hold its current value? I think if it even dropped down to $175, I'd be hesitant to buy it. I ended up paying $160 for a 25th Anniversary VF-1S, which I feel was still too much, and I think that has more going for it than the weathered VF-1S.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

LOL, oh that poor stimulus. I wonder what tiny percentage will actually go to boosting OUR economy?

nothing really. it all goes to japan's and china's economy. what only remains on mine are some change for a big mac meal.

no need to be jealous

put the yamato weathered 1s next to my personal vf-1S weathered or max 1A and yamato special edition will go back into the box :lol:

weathering a 1/48 takes an hour !!!!!!!!!

dsc02743bu5.jpg

collector =======> crazy :ph34r:

collecting rare item is good but for that price it has to be really special and this yamato has nothing special

unless you are looking for a blue box :wacko:

What's your hourly rate Ghost?

B))

OO