1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Those who connected are lucky. I tried for hours and basically was stuck in a loop when I could connect to the site. Yamato in my opinion are marketing idiots.....

Well, thanks for trying anyways Rob :)

And I guess I've just been yamatoed by Yamato's retarded marketing department... gee, thanks Yamato!! Thanks for making widely available such a boring 25th anniversary VF-1S that even included spelling errors tampo printed on and then incredibly limiting something that actually looked good (and that would have made you more money)!

Whatever. I’m really tired of all the “limited” bu11shit in collecting. Guess the positive side is that I’m rethinking continuing in this dumb hobby.

And I guess I've just been yamatoed by Yamato's retarded marketing department... gee, thanks Yamato!! Thanks for making widely available such a boring 25th anniversary VF-1S that even included spelling errors tampo printed on and then incredibly limiting something that actually looked good (and that would have made you more money)!

Whatever. I’m really tired of all the “limited” bu11shit in collecting. Guess the positive side is that I’m rethinking continuing in this dumb hobby.

I also hate the limited edition BS. :angry:

I am sorry that you are thinking of leaving the hobby :huh: . . . But when you do PM me so I can buy your stuff! :lol:

Well I have some news for those of you that think you may have gotten one.

A few of my friends here (to their surprise) have recieved 1/48 VF-1S's in the mail today....they had the confirmation that they had indeed ordered the weathered version. But they got a normal VF-1S.

And when they called Yamato to find out why and to return them....Yamato's reply. Sorry we don't take returns.

Looks like Yamato has screwed up big-time. :angry: But not surprising....Maybe Yamato did play an April Fools day joke. A very bad one.

delivered in the same day? is that even possible?

A few of my friends here (to their surprise) have recieved 1/48 VF-1S's in the mail today....they had the confirmation that they had indeed ordered the weathered version. But they got a normal VF-1S.

And when they called Yamato to find out why and to return them....Yamato's reply. Sorry we don't take returns.

Looks like Yamato has screwed up big-time. :angry: But not surprising....Maybe Yamato did play an April Fools day joke. A very bad one.

Well so far so good for me. My friend called me a little while ago to let me know his gf got the confirmation email. It said that they will send a second email out when it is ready to ship. Then they will ask for payment info (credit card info etc) So it looks like i may have gotten my first 1/48 Fokker as a weathered one. lets keep thinking good thoughts shall we?

It sounds like the only thing limited about this version is the damn slip cover! That process sounds like they are weathering them on a case by case basis. Shiggity, I guess anyone wanting one could see if they could commission Ghostkiller to weather one up a Roy for them. I think I may have just lost interest. :angry:

I dont see any spelling errors on the Vf-1s 25th anniversary, maybe you mean the yf-19??? Also, i think its the one of best thing Yamato ever made, aside from the low vis of course. These 25th aniversary toys are a real marvel. Only complant, no fast packs :(

Yo Rob, its me Farshad,

Just curious, but since Yamato screwed up, wont they make the exchange for the right version??? They said they dont take returns, but does that mean they wont fix having sent the wrong item, and thus just exchange it. I would really like to know, cause such a news can really make you Boycott a company completely.

Thx

Wow...that's farted up if this whole deal is an April fools thing...but are they not suppose to make the weathered 1/48 Fokkers available in July 2008?

Well anyway, with the posibility of a 1/48 Thundering Hummerizzy becoming accessible to us...I'd rather spend the hard earned cash on that mod.

Wow...that's farted up if this whole deal is an April fools thing...but are they not suppose to make the weathered 1/48 Fokkers available in July 2008?

Well anyway, with the posibility of a 1/48 Thundering Hummerizzy becoming accessible to us...I'd rather spend the hard earned cash on that mod.

Where did you see this. From what I know they will ship at the end of the month. Graham can you set up straight on when they are set to ship?

they might need to check the weathering spraypaint kit the goes with the valk. :lol: .....but seriously that is a major screw up

Yo Rob, its me Farshad,

Just curious, but since Yamato screwed up, wont they make the exchange for the right version??? They said they dont take returns, but does that mean they wont fix having sent the wrong item, and thus just exchange it. I would really like to know, cause such a news can really make you Boycott a company completely.

Thx

Seeing that this thing virtually comes in a VF-1S box with a frackenackle slip cover, could it be possible buyers might be lying and playing the old fashion switcheroo trick? I receive my weathered Roy, swap out the weathered version with a regular old Roy and cry wolf saying "Hey, you guys sent me a regular Roy with a damn slip cover! I want my money back!" I mean what other way can Yamato authenticate this model outside the damn slip cover? Serves their asses right if it's happening. That way the damn things have no value especially seing that there are people out here who could mock their weathering scheme to a "t". :ph34r:

Maybe we missed the fine print in Japanese that said: "weathering will occure in 20yrs time..."

The weather version is not supposed to be out so soon. So I am sure there is some missed communication within Yamato's ordering department.

Unless, the buyers hit the wrong button and ordered the regular re-issue...but that can't be right either, because the buyer would have known they had been charged less for the weather valk. The weathered VF-1s is about $50 more than a regular Valk, there is no way the Japanese customer would just accept a regular valk with the extra money they paid.

This is all very interesting...I am buying my pop corn....

Seeing that this thing virtually comes in a VF-1S box with a frackenackle slip cover, could it be possible buyers might be lying and playing the old fashion switcheroo trick? I receive my weathered Roy, swap out the weathered version with a regular old Roy and cry wolf saying "Hey, you guys sent me a regular Roy with a damn slip cover! I want my money back!" I mean what other way can Yamato authenticate this model outside the damn slip cover? Serves their asses right if it's happening. That way the damn things have no value especially seing that there are people out here who could mock their weathering scheme to a "t". :ph34r:
Edited by Mowe

Yo Rob, its me Farshad,

Thx

No they are not exchanging it for the right version.

And they people that ordered this are honest people....not ones who would switch something out and cry foul. I will NEVER order anything (or attempt to order) from Yamato again. I have a few non-macross related orders through Yamato right now that haven't arrived that I am a bit concerned about. A very untrustworthy company IMO.

This just reminds me of the time I was trying to help out people by getting replacement parts for Yamato's mistakes and the Service Rep told me that if someone needs a replaement part they should just buy a whole new Valkyrie...then they will have alot of spare parts...

Edited to remove personal opinions..

Edited by samurai_m

That's really bad. At the same time glad that i left my order on the order page too long and when i finally submitted, i got an email saying that I left it for over an hour and my order was not processed.

I am 50/50 at the moment of whether to stop continuing with buying Yamato stuff. Special weathered VF-1S making it not available to other people outside Japan, QCs problem now and then, drough of Macross products and then flooding the market with Macross stuff, which have now resulted in places discounting some stuff. They have great designs but just crap marketing and QC team.

No they are not exchanging it for the right version.

And they people that ordered this are honest people....not ones who would switch something out and cry foul.

We don't know that everyone who ordered to be honest. There are crooks and scams all over the world. I'd like to think that those with a vested interest in getting one really wanted one, but if I am a crooked collector in Japan why not order it, remove the slip cover and weathered Roy, replace it with a minty Roy you have on hand, cry wolf for a refund while holding on to the weathered version and the slip cover? Heck if the slip covers well available and you had weathering skills, you could make a killing. I'm anxious to see if these things start popping up on Ebay. Yamato better get a box for it or I guarantee someone is going to try to pull the okie doke. :huh:

Rob,

Darn, if this is true, then i feel some hate towards Yamato. I senserely hope Yamato corrects this mistake to people who received the wrong item. I really wanted to get the yf-21 and vf-11 one day, and this recent act does not sit well in me

Rob, pls keep us posted on this event.

Rob,

Are the people you know receiving it in the normal VF-1S box or with the special edition slip. Maybe there is a crooked handler in Yamato shipping department, shipping out standard VF-1S and probably going to keep those weathered versions and ebay them.

Maybe that is why it was a resident of Japan only sale. You have to be Japanese to understand such a cruel April Fool's joke.

I remember someone put forward the April Fool's theory last month but could not find the post.

Even if it is a bad employee switching the valks or a mistake at the factory Yamato's refusal to replace, exchange, or refund is very bad. We know they do not care about customers in the US but now they are showing that they do not care about Japanese customers.

I hope someone gets what they ordered.

The box is out. This should clear up the confusion.

Come to think of it, potentially, this could be one of the most expensive or sort after box. You can always weather the VF-1s yourself (and might do an even better job than Yamato) or pay someone else do it.

A real Yamato weathered VF-1s is worthless without this box. So if you look at it this way, for those people who will be willing to pay $500+ for a Yamato weather valk, they are really just buying a box.

post-3608-1207832113_thumb.jpg