1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Great work GhostKiller.

I've tweaked the colors a bit to bring out the white, some slight noise reduction, and tone down the yellow. I'm sure the photos don't do justice on your VF-1S, but hopefully this version will show more of it's colors.

doodler7, great photoshopping! Thanks.

Details:

Orders take place on "April Fools Day" April 1st at noon.

One item person.

Cost is 18,690 to $185.

Please hold on sending me PM requests until I can figure out a way of ordering more than one via

friends, co-workers, homeless, and already dead Japanese residents.

hahah! legend! :lol::p *snickers whilst the wife looks at me funny* Cheers mate. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey thanks Miriya. If this weathered will be the only version to pop up...then I'll probably get it. But who knows...Yamato may release weathered versions of all 1/48s.

I can't imagine me re-buying up all the one's i have just coz they would be weathered... I think i'd be happy with just this one.

Roy and Hikaru do give it a hiding, it should be the ultimate weathered version. Anything else meh. I like showroom clean too.

I guess i will be buying another Strike/FP Set now that i've confirmed i will be getting one... gotta weather a Super pack! :D

Good times, good times.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

thks doodler7

I took the shots at night

here is one done today outside after the rain :(

dsc02743bu5.jpg

I hope the weathering of yamato will not bit to heavy for you guys

and the straight lines look unreal IMO

:unsure:

If you were in this to make some money you could buy purchase a few Roy's, weather'em up, post'em on Ebay stating "Weather Slip Cover Not Included" and doozy up some cash real fast. Looks just Yamato's, only better or more authentic looking. Will you offer to weather our Roy's for a fee if Yamato's doesn't become widely available?

If you were in this to make some money you could buy purchase a few Roy's, weather'em up, post'em on Ebay stating "Weather Slip Cover Not Included" and doozy up some cash real fast. Looks just Yamato's, only better or more authentic looking. Will you offer to weather our Roy's for a fee if Yamato's doesn't become widely available?

this could be an idea :ph34r:

:p

wow didn't know there was much drama going on in the first few pages or middle..anyways SaveRobotech has always been a standout guy and usually sells things for a decent price and does a lot of favors for everyone in the forum and I'm sure a few of you will agree.

Anyways on topic.. as i was reading, preorders are on april 1st but they won't be released until sept 08? is that correct? or am i missing something. Anyways i went through the whole entire post to see if there were links to yamato's site for preorder info. Just the info. Since i can't order it thought i'd stare at it and close my eyes and maybe it can come true for my b-day next week.. -_-

Since i can't order it thought i'd stare at it and close my eyes and maybe it can come true for my b-day next week.. -_-

advance happy birthday man, i too close my eyes and maybe it can come true

Details:

Orders take place on "April Fools Day" April 1st at noon.

One item person.

Cost is 18,690 to $185.

Please hold on sending me PM requests until I can figure out a way of ordering more than one via

friends, co-workers, homeless, and already dead Japanese residents.

Yamato's website update:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/release_003/index.html

Hi miriya, nothing new in the advert.

Reservations to start on April Fool's Day, noon time.

Limited to 1 toy per customer.

*sighs* Why don't they just mass produce this thing?!!

Thanks for the info.

I do not know why they dont mass produce it. I understand the need to only sell it retail directly instead of through distributors at wholesale in order to cover their extra costs for weathering but then the question is, "Why limit it?". Maybe they are weathered by hand and whoever is doing it was like, "Yo, I can only weather like 200 of these puppies before my hands fall off!". I dont have any idea really!

Here is an idea why they don't mass produce this 1/48 Focker... it seems that the hands that weather them in China can do alot more - all Yamato need to do is keep ordering. But they can't or won't because they have reissued this Focker many times enough, so that almost every Macross fan, their dogs and fleas can have one. In short, Yamato lacked the balls to mass product it.

It does make me wonder what makes this Focker special... um, just because it's "weathered"? LOL! the seams weren't even puttied & sanded. :lol: It's nothing but a lame-arsed attempt to push out another Focker like how Takara has reissued the many different Convoys - but Macross fanbase ain't anything like the Transformers fanbase.

From what I've gathered its One per person only available by ordering thru yamato.

And it only a 12 hour window so if you dont order within those 12 hours your SOL.

I dont know whent it goes up for sale or if already happened nor do I intend to buy one its not worth it to me.

For people who aren't experienced in weathering it's a worthwhile purchase isn't it? I'm scared to weather a 150 Valk. lol

for the extra 30 odd USD whatever it is it's worth it for me. Of course in the right hands you could best yamato's job, but nieh!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

For people who aren't experienced in weathering it's a worthwhile purchase isn't it? I'm scared to weather a 150 Valk. lol

for the extra 30 odd USD whatever it is it's worth it for me. Of course in the right hands you could best yamato's job, but nieh!

Maybe the general rule is that dummies pay more for everything than everybody else. But I draw the line when the expensive job is done by dummies. Say no to stuff made by dummies for dummies.

Maybe the general rule is that dummies pay more for everything than everybody else. But I draw the line when the expensive job is done by dummies. Say no to stuff made by dummies for dummies.

lol, so good to have you back BoB, insults and all. :p:rolleyes:

Perhaps the weathering of a valk shouldn't be so scary, i tried to panel line my 1/100 arii Vf-1S and uhhh.. >_>

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Theirs a comment box at the bottom of the page so i let Yamato know my thoughts on this matter, basically it went like this. hey yamato whats up if the japanese get a roy special shouldnt everybody else get a rick special and by the way shouldnt we get an off the wall valk from an art copetition or something a collection should have a at least 1 concept design. ohh yeah from the rest of the world that got up to a bowl of cereal in the morning and robotech on tnt before school you oowww ussssssssss. thank you.

as long as your living in Japan you probably wont have a problem

maybe even in Hong Kong but if your anywhere else....

well I think its unlikely to be easy.

It's only one per person/address <_<

So unless you have a "non Macross fan" friend in Japan who orders it April 1st (there's limited suply too), it's going to be impossible to get one.

Imagine all the Japan based scalpers anxiously waiting to order the first seconds after March 31 midnight!!!

So be prepared to pay big $$$ on ebay.

Holy smokes! There is certainly some interest in this toy <_< All I may have is a Japanese address to ship to. I haven't even found out how to get it stateside affordably. I think shipping will be pretty expensive. Then again, it's looking like this valk will make the LV1 look reasonably easy to acquire.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky