Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Plastic Models

Graham

I think they will do both, their gundam kits these past few years for the more recent shows tend to have bundles, and seperate kits.

Apart from clear armour parts and option weapons set for the PG Zaku and PG RX-78, what other kits has Bandai released just a weapons or armour pack, not including the base robot?

IIRC (and I may be wrong), even the MS that had multiple weapons pack options such as the Force Impulse Gundam, Strike Gundam and the Destiny Zakus were all released robot+ weapon pack together, never just the weapon pack by itself. Even the ISWP came with the Strike Gundam IIRC not just by itself.

Graham

Does anyone know any retailers in Hong Kong who currently carries the Bandai VF-25F 1/72? I ended up in HKG for 2 weeks, and I was hoping to get my hands on this while I was here. I checked UML Megastore in Mong Kok and a clerk suggested they got all Bandai kits and did not have it. So am I stuck ordering online for now? Sorry if this post is in the wrong place; I was getting desperate.

Just checked all the hobby shops in Wanchai and Causeway Bay districts, but it ain't out here in Hong Kong yet. sad.gif
I just read this post by Graham, DAMNIT.

Dude, Graham, if you find a place PLEASE tell me. I went to CTMA / Sino quickly and didn't find it. I'll be here until Sept 29, so any notification before that date before that would be nice.

Edited by brehidran

Just checked all the hobby shops in Wanchai and Causeway Bay districts, but it ain't out here in Hong Kong yet. :(

Graham

This is terrible...I am so impatient...hopefully next week or over the weekend????

Edited by regult

That guy glued the shield parts with knife in it!! LOL!

No knife for him :ph34r:

He also says the hands are a bit loose and hard to pose with legs open.. I'll have to see it myself.

Ozma is planned for November....

発売日:2008年9月20日予定

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!!! Sales is being delayed until 20th September. HWJapan already has these listed as backordered.

I want my Messiah and Sanka MK.B...NOW! *crying*

Holy crap its perfect transformation for sure! VERY impressive. I hope Bandai decides to redo the VF-1 and VF-19 kits now, and make them perfect transformation too. The old VF-1 variable kit is very dated, and the 19's looked nice but had major parts swapping. Both had retractable landing gear. The new VF-25 kit shows that fans would rather have perfect transformation and swappable gears as opposed to swap transformation and retractable gears.

Looks like Bandai went all out on this kit. Not sure if a MG equivalent is even needed, I don't see how it might make it any better than it already is. If they go ahead and make one, that would be cool though.

Well, I pre-ordered one with HLJ. It does look really nice but I am a little concerned by that grey "stand/peg" that is prett much dead center in the fighter mode shots when it is resting on the landing gear. Is this an indication that this is a floppy mess without the extra support for the center?

Chris

It is what it is...

the nose needs extra support in fighter mode at the transformation hinge, and so there is a peg/stand created to support it.

It's better than a kit without a support peg. At least this way the nose won't stray.

It shows they gave some thought to it, which means they likely put a lot of thought in other places as well. Which should be an indication that it's NOT a "floppy mess."

Edited by CosmicSpore

YEEHAA HLJ received my painment :) Edited by Skypoet

The kit looks awesome. Now i have to go to HLJ to order it. I had missed the 5% off preorder window so i figured I'd wait.

Looked at the instructions too and I must say, it does look more complicated than the Gundam models. It looks like while you're building, there are more sections you need to hold mid-transformation to insert parts etc etc.

Well, I pre-ordered one with HLJ. It does look really nice but I am a little concerned by that grey "stand/peg" that is prett much dead center in the fighter mode shots when it is resting on the landing gear. Is this an indication that this is a floppy mess without the extra support for the center?

Chris

Honestly though, how often do you fly around with your landing gear down.

Jokes aside, I was told by my friend to go ahead and buy a stand for display purposes, not just for this model but for future ones as well.

Wow he's really updated... If I recall correctly he also the first one that reviewed MG101 Destiny Gundam online ^_^ Can't wait to have these babies in hand. :lol::lol:

Now I'm really into this kit(wish hasegawa could done the same) gap will not be an issue for me, since I'm use to build gundam models, I'm sure I could find a way. Anyway do you think the gunpod could be place here?:

post-5554-1221791835_thumb.jpg

It is what it is...

the nose needs extra support in fighter mode at the transformation hinge, and so there is a peg/stand created to support it.

It's better than a kit without a support peg. At least this way the nose won't stray.

It shows they gave some thought to it, which means they likely put a lot of thought in other places as well. Which should be an indication that it's NOT a "floppy mess."

Which is good to know, but also indicates that there is a potential problem area since it needs the extra support.

At any rate, I still ordered and am looking forward to getting it.

Chris

Honestly though, how often do you fly around with your landing gear down.

Jokes aside, I was told by my friend to go ahead and buy a stand for display purposes, not just for this model but for future ones as well.

Never :p , but this is were my concern was because if it needs it when it's resting on the gear how would it be on a stand without the support there? Are there specific stands that need to be used? I usually just use the Flexi dispay stands which would use a 3 point peg system. Glad to hear that it is sturdy though.

Chris

Never :p , but this is were my concern was because if it needs it when it's resting on the gear how would it be on a stand without the support there? Are there specific stands that need to be used? I usually just use the Flexi dispay stands which would use a 3 point peg system. Glad to hear that it is sturdy though.

Chris

The VF-25F kit was announced to be compatible with the Bandai Action Base I :D Other images show this to be so:

th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237.jpg th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237-9.jpg th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237-4.jpg

th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237-3.jpg th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237-5.jpg th_indexphpactiondlattachtopic4237-1.jpg

Edited by valkyriepilot

Checked out a few of the shops in Wanchai district, bt still no sign. One of the shopkeepers I talked to said he wouldn't be importing any, even though he'd previously had the flier in the window.

It sounds like Bandai's HK agent maybe can't import due to the licencing issues, so any shops that want to order this will have to parallel import.

Graham

licensing issues? is that due to/connected with HG? that's really sad. next to online stores, HK has the cheapest plamo in the Southeast Asian region, and for the VF-25 (and other possible/future Macross F kits) to be excluded will be a bit of a hassle for those shopping in HK...

on a related news, online order shop Rainbow Ten has posted in their model news section:

1/72 VF-25F MESSIAH VALKYRIE ALTO SPECIAL Sold Out!!

so i guess it's either HLJ and Hobby Search for those wanting to order online then... :rolleyes:

Edited by valkyriepilot

I got my request from HLJ. time to gut my wallet WHOO!!.

BTW since i ordered two kits i plan to build one as Aruto's VF-25 while the other will be a cannon fodder scheme or maybe either a low-vis or a color scheme similar to Mikhail's only that instead of blue i would use red.

Chris

I BELIEVE (not 100% sure on this) that the extra piece used to hold up the nose in fighter mode is actually 2 parts.

You use 1 part of it, which connects to an action stand, that holds the nose in place.

I don't remember where I saw that at, and it was in japanese or it didn't have any words with it... so again, can't be 100% sure on that.

Checked out a few of the shops in Wanchai district, bt still no sign. One of the shopkeepers I talked to said he wouldn't be importing any, even though he'd previously had the flier in the window.

It sounds like Bandai's HK agent maybe can't import due to the licencing issues, so any shops that want to order this will have to parallel import.

Graham

Nooo, this doesn't sound good. Why would there be licensing issues if Bandai is the manufacturer and acquired the license to produce the model?

I BELIEVE (not 100% sure on this) that the extra piece used to hold up the nose in fighter mode is actually 2 parts.

You use 1 part of it, which connects to an action stand, that holds the nose in place.

I don't remember where I saw that at, and it was in japanese or it didn't have any words with it... so again, can't be 100% sure on that.

Also glad to know it comes with it's own stand! :D

Chris