Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Plastic Models

Graham

40 USD scale model... uhhh.... skill level 3??? uhhh...probably gonna need a hell of a lot of work to get rid of BanDai's infamous horrible seam lines and modding to make it look half decent...

guess we'll have to wait till september and then watch what can the crazy guys con hkml.net can do with it, hehe

For those that have any doubt that Bandai is TOTALLY behind making MACROSS stuff, this picture is for you (from crunchyrole.com)

post-2518-1218364472_thumb.jpg

But I digress... :lol: - MT

Battroid and Gerwalk mode look nice, despite the somewhat unflattering Gerwalk pose.

Fight mode looks not so good, but would propapbly look much better with the gear up and on a display stand.

I wonder will the red and black trim be Bandai's rub on transfers (which I hate), or foil stickers (which I hate eevn more), or water slide decals, which I think Bandai hasn't used in ages.

Graham

Just in case it hasn't been reported yet, Hobby Search lists some details that the kit will supposedly have.

1. Interior detail in the leg engines and cockpit

2. Perfect transformation to all 3 modes

3. Folding wings and use of a metal shaft to strengthen the transforming forward fuselage area

4. The forward fuselage's folding hinge (double jointed) will be interior hidden when in fighter mode.

5. The hips rotate in battroid mode

6. The knees will move forward and legs will splay outward for gerwalk mode

7. Landing gears and joint for use with Action Base 1 included

8. Gunpod and knife included as armament

9. Knife can be stored in the shield, canopy will be clear, 1/72 scale pilot figure included

10. Optional hands included - weapon holding hands, open hands, and dummy hands for transformed mode

11. Water slide decals and tetron? stickers included for detailing

Edited by Vifam7

Battroid looks, great, seems to be obvious that robot mode is priority to Bandai.

Gerwalk don't looks natural, seems more like a "forced" mode, in a forced pose.

Fighter still don't convince to me, because still looks chunky.

But I'm glad with the canopy change, to clear color. The green one was horrible! :angry:

Edited by cool8or

Just in case it hasn't been reported yet, Hobby Search lists some details that the kit will supposedly have.

1. Interior detail in the leg engines and cockpit

2. Perfect transformation to all 3 modes

3. Folding wings and use of a metal shaft to strengthen the transforming forward fuselage area

4. The hips rotate in battroid mode

5. Landing gears and joint for use with Action Base 1 included

6. Gunpod and knife included as armament

7. Knife can be stored in the shield, canopy will be clear, 1/72 scale pilot figure included

8. Optional hands included - weapon holding hands, open hands, and dummy hands for transformed mode

9. Water slide decals and tetron? stickers included for detailing

All that news are good news to me. But the kit will include decals AND stickers? I don't understand that point. :wacko:

Battroid looks, great, seems to be obvious that robot mode is priority to Bandai.

Gerwalk don't looks natural, seems more like a "forced" mode, in a forced pose.

Fighter still don't convince to me, because still looks chunky.

But I'm glad with the canopy change, to clear color. The green one should be horrible! :angry:

Fighter mode looks fine to me. A bit muscular looking but then real life Tomcats look that way too (IMHO). The gerwalk mode is not properly posed with knees forward and legs splayed out.

ya my guess the knees don't swivle which is a bummer if thats true. then again, photographers never take accurate photos of toys...nor are they ever transformed right.

Im now debating if I actually want one now...price is fine, but if its actually glue on, Ill pass...I never had success in glue on kits.