Yamato's Large Scale Minmay Figure

Graham

It's an ok looking doll...but I hate wigs, I perfer the way the other figures have been done with sculpted hair...but hey, that's just me.

true, rooted hair can be a pain to keep nice, but a doll with long sculpted hair you couldint even sit down!! believe me, i had problems with my 12" toynami princess ayeka doll hith her sculpted hair until i finally just removed her twin long ponytails!

Edited by Shaorin

Give me a good looking static pvc figure of a character any day, over an oversized doll with lots of ugly joints, cloth clothes that don't look right, and hair that can't properly emulate the character's hairstyle.

That internal skeleton for the figure is interesting.

Give me a good looking static pvc figure of a character any day, over an oversized doll with lots of ugly joints, cloth clothes that don't look right, and hair that can't properly emulate the character's hairstyle.

THE CLOTHES FIT JUST FINE, AND THE HAIRSTYLE LOOKS GOOD,TOO!! this is the best minmay i have seen to date!! for instance, the gloves & boots are real pleather, not hard vinyl like the 12" blue submarine version 10 years back!! believe me, there simply isint anything quite like like the simple pleasure taken in the realism of a good sized, poseable doll in actual fabric clothes!! one can easily forgive the joints in light of her many virtues, and besides, anyone with a little sewing skill can make her a pair of stockings out of microfiber nylon tricot, from a pair of white panties. (trust me, i do a lot of sewing, and strangely, that's about the only way to get ahold of the stuff.) anyway, the tricot stockings will not only look cute, but effectively hide her knee joints as well! it might not be canon, but it looks good! and remember, the one in the pics is only a prototype! that could be a good thing in that they can still make some modifications to the "trouble spots", of which i personally see none, but could also be bad if they end up cheaping out on her production version!

Edited by Shaorin

Looking at the bright side, at least at 1/4 scale, Minmay fans can jizz all over her face and not miss so much. They can't used to do that with the smaller scales. :lol:

once again, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

once again, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What is wrong with Beware of Blast is explained in the text below his avatar. ^_^ Anyway, to stay on topic, I wouldn't buy this doll for half of the asking price, despite Beware of Blast's selling point. :lol: Don't anyone let "BoB" fool you; he'll buy the doll and yell "Beware of Blast!" at it before. . .

What is wrong with Beware of Blast is explained in the text below his avatar. ^_^ Anyway, to stay on topic, I wouldn't buy this doll for half of the asking price, despite Beware of Blast's selling point. :lol: Don't anyone let "BoB" fool you; he'll buy the doll and yell "Beware of Blast!" at it before. . .

LOL!!!1

I am not - on principle - opposed to the concept of this doll.

However - the face is all wrong, and the joints at this scale just stick out too conspicuously (crap - how do you spell that? Being outside the US for so many years has killed my english!) ....

So my verdict is: give me Revoltech Minmey, Misa and all the rest...

this is a failure - this is like TF the Movie Unicron prototype from 1986... it just should go back to the shop and needs more work.

VFTF1

Generally speaking, people who spent too long sitting in front of their computer would get up and relax for a while... I would take a walk outta my mind sometimes - sometimes, bad people take over and innocent peeps like you would bear the consequences.

Thanks to wicked ace because you know me so well. ^_^

If you think Minny's joints are ugly...

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=6255

afg00937a.jpg

So what are the best "doll" bodies out there? What we got... RAH, Volks? and?

To be honest, despite the ugly joints that you have pointed out, this particular version of Misa bore the most meat artilery fire from fanboys the world over. No other 1/6 doll exudes this much of sexual charge aside from Rei in bandages.

Ok - let me put it this way:

Remember when Hasbro had the "great" idea to come out with Supreme Cheetor?

1/6 Minmey is Yamato's Supreme Cheetor.

I would LOVE a nice Minmey figure; but the scale, the joints, the hair - any idea people on how utterly hard it will be to keep her hair from frazzling? - it's just not good.

I don't even mind the price - I've gotten so used to this stuff costing more than a car that whatever - it doesn't faze me - but it's just not good looking.

That and I never really could stand the DYRL Minmey - she had much nicer outfits in SDF M TV.

VFTF1

I don't think it's all that wierd. Some people who will get it are just completist for their Macross collections, and there's nothing wrong with that. I already showed my wife, and she thought it was cute enough to want (strange how she's more of a Misa fan). Anyways, When is this thing slated to come out?

Some people are into transforming mecha, some people are into non-transforming mecha, some people are into fixed pose figures, and others are into dolls. Some are mixes or all of the above. Unfortunately I know of what BoB referenced in the post that shocked Shaorin, it's not just an overactive imagination, sometimes you really don't want to wander around figure review sites when you can't read Japanese... :ph34r:

Some people are into transforming mecha, some people are into non-transforming mecha, some people are into fixed pose figures, and others are into dolls. Some are mixes or all of the above. Unfortunately I know of what BoB referenced in the post that shocked Shaorin, it's not just an overactive imagination, sometimes you really don't want to wander around figure review sites when you can't read Japanese... :ph34r:

To me, the language barrier isn't the problem. It's the seeing of the figures with fluids that don't belong and not run that's the problem.

Well, I wouldn't have looked at the pictures had I known what was being said in the link to them. :p Language barrier was the reason I burned my eyes out.

The Minmay doll was done partnered with Obitsu right? From what I understand of the doll world, Obitsu is sub-par when it comes to dolls. Volks is one of the kings of that industry.

this Minmay Doll is just the wrong scale if it were 1/6

It would be more appealing

the Misa figure ....? - I do own the 1st version

not sure about this 2nd version though.

Ok - let me put it this way:

Remember when Hasbro had the "great" idea to come out with Supreme Cheetor?

1/6 Minmey is Yamato's Supreme Cheetor.

I would LOVE a nice Minmey figure; but the scale, the joints, the hair - any idea people on how utterly hard it will be to keep her hair from frazzling? - it's just not good.

I don't even mind the price - I've gotten so used to this stuff costing more than a car that whatever - it doesn't faze me - but it's just not good looking.

That and I never really could stand the DYRL Minmey - she had much nicer outfits in SDF M TV.

VFTF1

no way, jose!! the DYRL is minmay at her very best!!

Me? it's definately transforming mecha and anime dolls that are two of my personal airplane's main propellers. the third is classic home electronics, with an emphasis on PIONEER brand and 1980's models in general. anyway, okay, i'll bite. what ARE those ninja smilies supposed to represent, anyhow??

Edited by Shaorin

If you think Minny's joints are ugly...

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=6255

afg00937a.jpg

So what are the best "doll" bodies out there? What we got... RAH, Volks? and?

yes, those are some frightening legs there,for sure. :blink:

Edited by Shaorin