Yamato's Large Scale Minmay Figure

Graham

This is what Yamato told me about this Minmay Figure.

This is not the finished product, there will be changes made to the face. Seeing it in person I though it looked great.

It will be "Made in Japan" not made in China so this collector piece will be sold in the 60000¥ = $560.00 ball park. If you are a serious VOLKS doll collector that is a respectable price to pay for what you get. If you are a mecha toy collector, oh go cry me a river.

Really? i do hope thay make her face look more like Mikimoto's character design.

and hands! she'll be needing interchangeable hands for a variety of gestures,

Mikimoto has plenty of beautiful drawings of hands that they can emulate for the doll.

regarding Macross as a "masculine" anime...

:p well, okay, i just thought that up, coz most gals i know dismiss it as "one of those robot animes"

and they are even more inclined to look into Gundam Wing coz of the pretty boys,

and even then, they generally ignore the Gundams there.

(but surely the arrival of Alto "Hime-sama" Saotome this summer might get them interested into MacrossFrontier....)

But i just realized, 500bucks for that huge Minmay? wow, im doubting if i'll still be buying her XD

Edited by polidread

... there's something very eerie about this figure. I don't know if it's the "real" hair, off sculpt or somewhat blank stare, but I'm getting more of a creepy Child's Play-esque vibe rather than "hey, that's Minmay!". I'm surprised, since Yamato has a great track record of producing amazing female anime character likenesses in their other lines. This doesn't look like Minmay to me. More like some freaky porcelain doll that will come alive at night and kill me in my sleep. :mellow::unsure:

Agreed mate. She does look creepy ....

:ph34r:

Does the wifey know you want one of these?! Just don't let her see you take it to the bathroom with ya, Drew! biggrin.gif

HAHA :lol: The wife knows nothing about it, or how much money I've blown on Macross. :ph34r: Seeing as how this figure is unique and the largest Minmay I've seen, I want it. 560 bucks however is making me cringe...

Agreed mate. She does look creepy ....

Bah, it's not as creepy as the 1/1 scale Asuka Langley Sohryu (with REMOVEABLE DRESS!) I saw at the Akihabara Anime Center a few months back...which could be yours for a mere ¥330,000...

That said, I still think I'll pass on this one.

As much as I like the DRYL Minmay, I already got the figure (on a smaller scale) from Tamin. I also have some of the CMs figures. BUT buying something that big just some how wrong (to me). Then again if you buy it, you will be forever branded as a pansie@$$ or someone who needs to have a real life which includes getting a real girl so you can stop um... doing things... to that doll or any other 1/1 scale doll you have in your possession or better yet you have fanboy issues. Then again, I could be branded as an overgrown child with amount of valks, joes, anime, and TFs I have in my possession. I digress... Some thing that big in size, I cannot fanthom where to put it in my house. I dont mind if the doll is smaller to display but again, where in god's name will I put the 1/60 Monster destroid if it ever comes out. If I really want a minmay, I can dress up my GF in that getup and be happy.

I will happy to see what other macross stuff is coming out from Yamato such as variations of the destroids and 2 seater VF-1.

Looks like a giant deleter doll to me. For that size and price, she should at least have better concealed joints. I like Barbie knees better, but I guess japanese collectors prefer their dolls his way.

For that price...she better have ALOT more that concealed joints....if you know what I mean ;)

A 1/1 scale Asuka with removeable dress? Holy sh!t. Now I can see I have seen everything (well hear). It never ceases to amaze me how someone dreams this stuff up let alone it becomes marketable. Then again, we are talking the Japanese where they now introducing women robots and man pillows. With all that, how in the hell does the Japanese propagate? :blink::ph34r: Sounds like they have been hitting the bong too hard.

Bah, it's not as creepy as the 1/1 scale Asuka Langley Sohryu (with REMOVEABLE DRESS!) I saw at the Akihabara Anime Center a few months back...which could be yours for a mere ¥330,000...

That said, I still think I'll pass on this one.

Right, errr..................OK then.

I'm not even gonna ask how you are so familiar with Barbie's knees.

Graham

From our daughters dude, Dad Barbies arm fell off can you fix it, Dad barbies legs fell off, damn I hate you Matel. I think I'll pass on this, I copped enough crap from the wife when I bought my CM Minmay so I could see I'd never live this down. Must admit though that she does look to have knee pads on with those knee joints. :ph34r:

Edited by warpaint22

I was hoping Minmay would be produced by Yamato's Lab Creators team, like the their Rei or Non Non. She is really too big, too expensive, and too awkward to be a grown up man's toy....