Yamato's Large Scale Minmay Figure

Graham

Cool!! Thanks G-Man. :) :) :) I like her, but want to see more pics, with poseability, and umm... yeh. :p

I haven't got a decent Minmay figure, so i am in the market for one, and this one is really beautiful. Nice eyes, face sculpt,

and the legs are sweet.

What about Misa? And Hikaru? Attention to detail for this size is great. Not really after a Man doll though. :p

I hope Revoltechs will do some, smaller the man doll the smaller the guilt. :lol:

Plus this new Minmay is sposed to be a 25th Anniversary release am i right? So collectivity is good atleast.

Yeah i'll throw my name down for owning one. :p Come on! Who else???

also...

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...chpage=top_page

*whistles* .............. (i know these are in 1/6 scale, but we all know our women look better with tighter stuf on right??!)

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...chpage=top_page = win. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

at 50 cm that is one big Minmay.

So how much ? when ? what other characters?

they could make her 23 cm 1/6 scale and that would ok too

then she'd fit in my display case with the rest of the girls.

post-3216-1203943166_thumb.jpg

Perfect.

This would be an excellent addition for a diorama of the final scene where Hikaru is ready to terminate Boldoza.

I'm soooo getting this.

**I wonder what my wife will think of this? Better get two, one for me...ahem, I mean diorama. And one for my daughter. ^_^

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I had REALLY high hopes for this piece, especially since I've been getting gradually more interested in the 1/4 scale due to Sideshow Collectibles Premium Format Star Wars line (the Anakin Skywalker one recently blew me away enough to ignore the hefty price and preorder). Even my wife was excited when I told her about this Minmay figure coming out months ago. I was looking forward to this piece far more than the 25th Anniversary valks back when they were all announced. But these pictures don't make me a happy camper.

The size of Minmay doesn't freak me out at all – it's the creepiness of the presentation. Unlike the tons of "man doll" figs I own/have seen, there's something very eerie about this figure. I don't know if it's the "real" hair, off sculpt or somewhat blank stare, but I'm getting more of a creepy Child's Play-esque vibe rather than "hey, that's Minmay!". I'm surprised, since Yamato has a great track record of producing amazing female anime character likenesses in their other lines. This doesn't look like Minmay to me. More like some freaky porcelain doll that will come alive at night and kill me in my sleep. :mellow::unsure:

I'm still hoping that PopBox will continue their excellent line of Macross 1/6 figures and do Minmay, Misa and Milia some day. A guy can dream, no?

:lol: You guys are buck wild! Girly man...that's too funny! Might pick one up for my little sister.

I'd pick one up if they had a Hikky figure that big and then I would just do with them what I used to do with my Michael Knight figure and my sis' Barbies ;):D:o

:ph34r:

id like to get one and give them culture shock that a series as "masculine" as Macross would come up with something like that...

Macross = Masculine??? :huh: Who says? :mellow:

:ph34r:

I'm a completist when it comes to high end stuff. And this is definitely one of them. Plus I hate pop music but I seem to like the Minmay songs (most likely since I dont understand what she's saying.) I kinda like the Yellow sub look more, not as creepy. Maybe I'll give it to my mom... she used to hate the Robotech Minmay songs when I watched it as a kid, this would be a good way to piss her off and add to her doll collection at the same time. hehe.

just found where it says 50cm... that's about a foot and a half... 1/4 scale. Though at Minmay's height that would be 1/5 scale.

More 1/3 than 1/5

1/3 => 150cm

1/5 => 250 cm

anyway she's quite big :p

i'm wondering how much she will cost ?

Edited by isamu_dyson

Perfect.

This would be an excellent addition for a diorama of the final scene where Hikaru is ready to terminate Boldoza.

I'm soooo getting this.

**I wonder what my wife will think of this? Better get two, one for me...ahem, I mean diorama. And one for my daughter. ^_^

Dude great idea!!! I am suprised i didn't think about that, specially with the SDF-1 coming soon too.

My only worry is that she will be too big in my cabinet for her to stand. I gotta measure it up.

Again great idea!!!!!!! :D We can even use a Revoltech VF-1S to do the assassination in front of her.

:edit:

Hmm she should be right, just checked, i might have to bend her legs slightly ala floating pose.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i'm guessing these are probably models but i wanna know whats up with these...

minmayow5.jpg

Hasegawa on the left side, with Yamato on the right. That's the stand you can buy in hlj.com if i'm not mistaken and the models sure look 1/72ish. The blue valks in the 25th anni Hasegawa release.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie