Gift 25 ~A Tribute to Mylene Jenius~

Gubaba

There are samples at the same page you linked... though i can't tell if it's good or bad... or perhaps you wanted someone to point you where you can "buy" it?? :p

Heh...believe me, I already checked all the torrent sites I could think of (to no avail)...so I just put it on my growing list of stuff to get when I go back to Tokyo this summer. I'm not in a hurry, so it's no big deal.

(...that said, if you knew a site to download it, I wouldn't say no... :rolleyes:)

And I didn't realize you could listen to samples on CDJapan...I've never used them before.

EDIT: I can't seem to get the samples from the website anyway. Some kanji that I'm too lazy to look up in a dictionary pops up...

Edited by Gubaba

Heh...believe me, I already checked all the torrent sites I could think of (to no avail)...so I just put it on my growing list of stuff to get when I go back to Tokyo this summer. I'm not in a hurry, so it's no big deal.

(...that said, if you knew a site to download it, I wouldn't say no... :rolleyes:)

And I didn't realize you could listen to samples on CDJapan...I've never used them before.

EDIT: I can't seem to get the samples from the website anyway. Some kanji that I'm too lazy to look up in a dictionary pops up...

I know, i've also checked all the big torrent sites, ed2k, RS, winny... no good...

• 3 months later...

Having heard it now...I'm gotta say. I wouldn't call it gothic exactly...but there's a definite shoegazer vibe to it.

Which is fine. I love shoegazer music.

(But yeah...it sounds like Mylene backed by My Bloody Valentine. Seriously cool!)

Wow, that's kind of wicked sounded. Especially My Friends. So different from Mylene's version. Is this her normal sound?

It's hard to tell if it is or not...her previous albums came out in '95 and '96. And there were only two of them. And I've only heard the first one (I got it to boinger, and it's in the iMacross section).

But no, it doesn't sound much like this. I really like both of the albums, though..."Loophole" has more of a '90s psychedelic pop vibe to it. Whereas this one...yeah, both "Gift 25" and "Fukuyama Fire" could eat the original Fire Bomber versions of the songs for breakfast. Which is a very good thing!

Doesn't have anything to do with Frontier. If anything, I would submit it to boinger to put on iMacross/Macross Share.

Don't worry...it's already there. ^_^

By the way, I just heard Electric Fire 2007, and was rather shocked to hear that Chie's portion of the show is basically a live version of the entire "Gift 25" album...