Yamato 1/200 Scale Macross Collection Figures

Graham

what he said... and add Revoltechs to that list. Except Regults, who know when we'll ever get a good regult or glaug toy.

Atleast they are in scale with this still cool VF-1 Revy's and you just know we'll get a Glaug. and Q-Rau. Not that expensive.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

$4.40 per and there are 12 total (3xYF-19, VF-1J, and VA-3 + 3x Chase?). This does not sound like $50 well spent...

meh, but what toy does seem like money well spent?

1/48's are well spent (quality), Revoltechs are well spent... (quality & cheap)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I dunno about these guys. Having more valks across a common scale is always a good thing, and like Graham says, it's a good opportunity for Yamato to include 1 or 2 obscure designs like the VA-3 in each series.

That said, for 1/200, it's not exactly cheap. I can't help but compare with the 1/144 valks by popy which are larger and seem to come with more stuff but at the same price point (450 yen). But then again, it's basically a single mold being re-used, so there's economies of scale and such.... I doubt we'll ever see valks other than the VF-1 in that series though.

Will prob buy a few of these guys for kicks, but prob won't pick up a set.

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Great, so you're going to have to band together with other members and each buy a blind box and then mix and match until each of you has a complete set. That, OR you could pay some guy in Japan 2x MSRP by buying his set he already completed off of eBay.

Id rather they dont include any VF-1 in this line...YF-19 and the bomber looks fine but the Vf-1 looks craptastic...maybe Im spoiled with the other bigger & better proportioned VF-1 lines..

and at USD 4 per figure...that's actually quite steep

These look like fun to play with for those too lazy to transform their valks. :D

The rare mecha appearing in this line is what makes it interesting to me. I was a big fan of those "micromachines" toys because of the ease with which you could display these in some kind of base or building set. (you know how as little kids you would take styrofoam boxes and pretend these were buildings or bases for the tiny toys?)

I can see these as being like that. It would have been cool if there were a real macross "micromachines" without the need to have to buy multiples boxes just to get the one you wanted. I can see many people frustrated trying to get the three modes they want for the one machine and not caring much about the other mecha which they've already got toys for. And of course all those people who have multiples of the same thing.

YF-19 and the bomber looks fine but the Vf-1 looks craptastic

Doesn't look that bad to me. Seems like they were going for the lineart version of each mode. (the battroid pose is just like the lineart pose of the vf-1 in battroid mode)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I can see many people frustrated trying to get the three modes they want for the one machine and not caring much about the other mecha which they've already got toys for. And of course all those people who have multiples of the same thing.

I'd be willing to do swaps.

Doesn't look that bad to me. Seems like they were going for the lineart version of each mode. (the battroid pose is just like the lineart pose of the vf-1 in battroid mode)

That would explain why it looked like something from the 80's.

If I had to nitpick I'd say the nose and hands in battroid form need to be slightly redesigned. The nose a bit longer and sharper and the hands more like the squarish DYRL form than the big round TV form. Just my personal taste. I'm not a big believer in strict adherence to lineart. ^_^;

But I'm not too concerned as long as the fighter mode sculpt looks good . And looking at the pics, it looks good.

Edited by Vifam7

• 2 months later...

The good:- The misshapen ABS reminded me of Takani's art. The VF1J sculpts are pretty close to the linearts in Perfect Memory.

The bad:- MISSHAPEN ABSs!!!

The ugly:- The price. And the chances of lousy paint quality at this scale is high.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Yeah, these look disappointing for the reasons BOB pointed out. If they are soft like gashapon figures, they are gonna have parts that are misshapen, and the painting looks pretty sloppy in parts. It's too bad because the early pics looked promising.

Edited by sidearmsalpha