Custom 1/60 YF-19 Fokker

Jung

What kind of paint is used and how durable is it?

It looks absolutely beautiful!

-Kyp

Used Mr Surfacer Lacquer primer, main paints were enamels, lacquers and Future acrylic clear coats, tough combo. YF-19 parts fit very well with very minimal paint scraping, so it transforms fine but of course you should take it slowly.

The toughest part of the YF-19 transformation is seperating the 2 main nose parts, to make it easier you can just cut off those 2 tiny inner tabs , they turned out to be useless since the 2 parts lock in place fine without them.

Edited by Jung

Jung, you missed out the pictures of the SKULL pleaaaaaase, in plane mode!!!! Wonderfull Job, definetly would be nice next to a weathered Vf-1S Roy ;), though i dont think Yamato can do as an amazing job on their weathered vf-1s. It would be nice it had a skull in robot mode, but i cant think of anywhere i would have put it, can anyone else? God, even the Gun looks amazing. Squidd, you are the lukky man dude to get this. Pls show us pictures with your 25th aniversary yf-19, and also another picture of VF-1S 1/48 Roy with your new aquisition, once you receive it (in robot mode). Thank You.

It would be nice it had a skull in robot mode, but i cant think of anywhere i would have put it, can anyone else?

Why not right on where I would put it??? It's a crappy MS Paint job sorry <_<

untitled.jpg

I had thoughed of that Mysterrynoo, but then i said we dont want a skull on his zizi.

I want sooooooo badly to reply with a dirty dirty comment......but this time I will hold it in <_<

:ph34r:

Wow! I could only have hoped it would look this good......it's amazing! Everything I wanted. When I started collecting Macross toys the first thing that I thought was that it would be cool to mix my favorite livery with my favorite fighter. I am so happy with it I can't put it into words. I can't wait to get it back and get it up on the shelf with the fleet of 19's I have here.

Jung, thanks a lot. You went all out for this project and I appreciate it a lot. I am looking forward to seeing my mail carrier soon :)

As soon as I save up a couple of bucks there will be another project coming your way.

• 4 years later...